Re: [Ayreton] Town Meeting Items (Sponsorship)

  • rdpierce@pobox.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007
      Dayle Harding said:

      >Also, last year neither exchequer was officially asked about being the exch=
      >equer for the event. And, it was problematic for Grey Gargoyles as they ha=
      >d just had an event and their exchequer was trying to sort that all out. S=
      >o, Ghita graciously agreed to do it. This leads me to believe that althoug=
      >h two groups were the "co-sponsors", as long as someone warranted did what =
      >was needed, all was good. I could be wrong...it's happened before....once.=
      >..I think...but I may be wrong on that....
      >
      >Acelina

      Last year was an interesting situation....

      The ad hoc policy we've followed for Ayreton events is that one group
      and only one group must run the books for the event. That group must
      accept 100% of the pre-reg and gate income, and must reimburse 100%
      of the receipts. For this to work, it is crucial that no other group
      spends money on the event or accepts revenue. The group acting as
      bookrunner will then disburse profits after the event according to
      the agreed distribution method. (One year, we used % volunteer hours,
      last year I believe it was an even split.) It may be decided that
      all groups send money to the group running the books prior to the
      event to help out with pre-event expenses, which also acts as insurance
      that if the event loses money, the group running the books doesn't
      eat all the losses. However, for these transactions, they are
      reported as transfers within Kingdom; they are not event income or
      expenses. Also, the local financial policy applied to the event will be
      that of the group running the books.

      Last year, there was an assumption that Grey Gargoyles would do it, but
      our Exchequer wasn't aware of this and apparently was going to be out
      of town. So at this point Etienne and I started calling around. One
      other group preferred not to do it, but our next call was to Ghita,
      who volunteered, pending approval of the Shire. Rokkehealden's
      Seneschal exercised his emergency powers to approve this, and all was
      well.

      In service,
      THL Ryan Mackenzie
      Midlands Regional Exchequer
    • Sarafina Sinclair
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007
        Hola Folks,

        For purposes of the event, one group must sponsor (ie be the money people) the event officially and do all the reporting and send in the NMS funds, etc. In terms of work, any number of groups can work together.

        Sarafina :D

        On 9/25/07, jeffnaggie@... <jeffnaggie@...> wrote:

        Please excuse my misunderstanding....aren't all the Areyton groups sponsors?  Or do we need one officially for paperwork.  I truly don't remember from last year.

        Hillary (Foxvale)

        From: spdesroches@...

        On the Subject of the Next Ayreton Town Carnivale

        Henry of Exeter, the brand-spanking new Seneschal of Rokkhealden has graciously offered his group as the official sponsor. Exchequer from his group will hopefully not faint. He may or may not be the autocrat, but will take the point until one steps up, upon which he'll assist. Any Takers?
        .

        The Honourable Lady Sarafina Sinclair, CDH,CE
        http://ladysarafina.home.att.net
      • suzanearley@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007
          I don't mind being exchequer again either.

          Ghita

          From: Scribesquire@...

          From: spdesroches@...

          On the Subject of the Next Ayreton Town Carnivale

          Henry of Exeter, the brand-spanking new Seneschal of Rokkhealden has graciously offered his group as the official sponsor. Exchequer from his group will hopefully not faint. He may or may not be the autocrat, but will take the point until one steps up, upon which he'll assist. Any Takers?

          .

        • Sir Ix
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007
            >I don't mind being exchequer again either.
            >
            >Ghita

            How shocking :)

            --
            Sir Ixtilixochitl

            just hanging around

            Midlands - http://www.themidlands.org
            KSCA, OP

            (Bo Ring - TriLutions - http://www.galesburg.net)
          • elenofbirchbrae
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007
              Lady Bojei Timur can I help again!!!! :-)
              PLEASSSEEEEEEEEEE! LOL
              YIS, Elen of Birchbrae

            • spdesroches@att.net
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007

                So sorry for the confusion

                You just had enthusiasm that was enough for your whole group. My mistake. There goes the re-election.

                Hizzoner

                -------------- Original message from Scribesquire@...: --------------

                From: spdesroches@ att.net

                On the Subject of the Next Ayreton Town Carnivale

                Henry of Exeter, the brand-spanking new Seneschal of Rokkhealden has graciously offered his group as the official sponsor. Exchequer from his group will hopefully not faint. He may or may not be the autocrat, but will take the point until one steps up, upon which he'll assist. Any Takers?

                .

              • David Roland
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007
                  Mayor, you do remember the first order you gave me right?

                  I believe the words were something along the line of...

                  Kill me if I try to do this a second time...

                  And we all know just how reticent I am to not follow orders.

                  But then again my deputy may have bumped me off by them so you may
                  be safe afterall.

                  Ian the teasing Green
                  Ayreton Towne Cryer

                • spdesroches@att.net
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007

                    Yeah, yeah

                    Say did you or Desco get to talk to Captain Liam tonight about the 3/22/08 date for Carnivale?

                    If not could he be contacted about this?

                    Hiz dizzy honor

                    -------------- Original message from "David Roland" <mystborne@...>: --------------

                    Mayor, you do remember the first order you gave me right?

                    I believe the words were something along the line of...

                    Kill me if I try to do this a second time...

                    And we all know just how reticent I am to not follow orders.

                    But then again my deputy may have bumped me off by them so you may
                    be safe afterall.

                    Ian the teasing Green
                    Ayreton Towne Cryer

                    --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups .com, spdesroches@ ... wrote:

                    > So sorry for the confusion
                    >
                    > You just had enthusiasm that was enough for your whole group. My
                    mistake. There goes the re-election.

                    > Hizzoner
                    >
                    > ------------ -- Original message from Scribesquire@ ...: ------------
                    --

                    > Uhm, hold on a minute. I need to clarify this. I did NOT
                    volunteer the Shire of Rokkehealden for official sponsor. I would
                    need to talk to them about that at a meeti ng. What I DID do was
                    volunteer myself to autocrat. If another group would like to
                    sponsor so I could do that, great.

                    > Henry of Exeter

                    > From: spdesroches@ ...
                    >

                    > On the Subject of the Next Ayreton Town Carnivale
                    >
                    > Henry of Exeter, the brand-spanking new Seneschal of Rokkhealden
                    has graciously offered his group as the official sponsor. Exchequer
                    from his group will hopefully not faint. He may or may not be the
                    autocrat, but will take the point until one steps up, upon which
                    he'll assist. Any Takers?
                    > .

                  • David Roland
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 26, 2007
                      The question was raised. Confirmation is forthcoming.

                      Ian