Re: [Ayreton] Town Meeting Items (Sponsorship)

  • jeffnaggie@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007
      Please excuse my misunderstanding....aren't all the Areyton groups sponsors?  Or do we need one officially for paperwork.  I truly don't remember from last year.

      Hillary (Foxvale)

      From: spdesroches@...

      On the Subject of the Next Ayreton Town Carnivale

      Henry of Exeter, the brand-spanking new Seneschal of Rokkhealden has graciously offered his group as the official sponsor. Exchequer from his group will hopefully not faint. He may or may not be the autocrat, but will take the point until one steps up, upon which he'll assist. Any Takers?
      .

    • Dayle Harding
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007
        I believe that Henry AND Master Sean volunteered...Ok, Henry did first, and then Sean did.  And yes, while technically all the groups sponsor it, the paperwork really only wants one or at the most two groups to be "on" it.  So, last year we had Grey Gargoyles and Ravenslake as the "co-sponsors" of the event for the "official" paperwork, and all the ads went out with all 6 groups listed as sponsors.

        Also, last year neither exchequer was officially asked about being the exchequer for the event.  And, it was problematic for Grey Gargoyles as they had just had an event and their exchequer was trying to sort that all out.  So, Ghita graciously agreed to do it.  This leads me to believe that although two groups were the "co-sponsors", as long as someone warranted did what was needed, all was good.  I could be wrong...it's happened before....once...I think...but I may be wrong on that....

        Acelina

        From: spdesroches@ att.net

      • rdpierce@pobox.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007
          Dayle Harding said:

          >Also, last year neither exchequer was officially asked about being the exch=
          >equer for the event. And, it was problematic for Grey Gargoyles as they ha=
          >d just had an event and their exchequer was trying to sort that all out. S=
          >o, Ghita graciously agreed to do it. This leads me to believe that althoug=
          >h two groups were the "co-sponsors", as long as someone warranted did what =
          >was needed, all was good. I could be wrong...it's happened before....once.=
          >..I think...but I may be wrong on that....
          >
          >Acelina

          Last year was an interesting situation....

          The ad hoc policy we've followed for Ayreton events is that one group
          and only one group must run the books for the event. That group must
          accept 100% of the pre-reg and gate income, and must reimburse 100%
          of the receipts. For this to work, it is crucial that no other group
          spends money on the event or accepts revenue. The group acting as
          bookrunner will then disburse profits after the event according to
          the agreed distribution method. (One year, we used % volunteer hours,
          last year I believe it was an even split.) It may be decided that
          all groups send money to the group running the books prior to the
          event to help out with pre-event expenses, which also acts as insurance
          that if the event loses money, the group running the books doesn't
          eat all the losses. However, for these transactions, they are
          reported as transfers within Kingdom; they are not event income or
          expenses. Also, the local financial policy applied to the event will be
          that of the group running the books.

          Last year, there was an assumption that Grey Gargoyles would do it, but
          our Exchequer wasn't aware of this and apparently was going to be out
          of town. So at this point Etienne and I started calling around. One
          other group preferred not to do it, but our next call was to Ghita,
          who volunteered, pending approval of the Shire. Rokkehealden's
          Seneschal exercised his emergency powers to approve this, and all was
          well.

          In service,
          THL Ryan Mackenzie
          Midlands Regional Exchequer
        • Sarafina Sinclair
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007
            Hola Folks,

            For purposes of the event, one group must sponsor (ie be the money people) the event officially and do all the reporting and send in the NMS funds, etc. In terms of work, any number of groups can work together.

            Sarafina :D

            From: spdesroches@...

            On the Subject of the Next Ayreton Town Carnivale

            Henry of Exeter, the brand-spanking new Seneschal of Rokkhealden has graciously offered his group as the official sponsor. Exchequer from his group will hopefully not faint. He may or may not be the autocrat, but will take the point until one steps up, upon which he'll assist. Any Takers?
            .

            The Honourable Lady Sarafina Sinclair, CDH,CE
            http://ladysarafina.home.att.net
          • suzanearley@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007
              I don't mind being exchequer again either.

              Ghita

              From: Scribesquire@...

              From: spdesroches@...

              On the Subject of the Next Ayreton Town Carnivale

              Henry of Exeter, the brand-spanking new Seneschal of Rokkhealden has graciously offered his group as the official sponsor. Exchequer from his group will hopefully not faint. He may or may not be the autocrat, but will take the point until one steps up, upon which he'll assist. Any Takers?

              .

            • Sir Ix
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007
                >I don't mind being exchequer again either.
                >
                >Ghita

                How shocking :)

                --
                Sir Ixtilixochitl

                just hanging around

                Midlands - http://www.themidlands.org
                KSCA, OP

                (Bo Ring - TriLutions - http://www.galesburg.net)
              • elenofbirchbrae
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007
                  Lady Bojei Timur can I help again!!!! :-)
                  PLEASSSEEEEEEEEEE! LOL
                  YIS, Elen of Birchbrae

                • spdesroches@att.net
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007

                    So sorry for the confusion

                    You just had enthusiasm that was enough for your whole group. My mistake. There goes the re-election.

                    Hizzoner

                    -------------- Original message from Scribesquire@...: --------------

                    From: spdesroches@ att.net

                    On the Subject of the Next Ayreton Town Carnivale

                    Henry of Exeter, the brand-spanking new Seneschal of Rokkhealden has graciously offered his group as the official sponsor. Exchequer from his group will hopefully not faint. He may or may not be the autocrat, but will take the point until one steps up, upon which he'll assist. Any Takers?

                    .

                  • David Roland
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007
                      Mayor, you do remember the first order you gave me right?

                      I believe the words were something along the line of...

                      Kill me if I try to do this a second time...

                      And we all know just how reticent I am to not follow orders.

                      But then again my deputy may have bumped me off by them so you may
                      be safe afterall.

                      Ian the teasing Green
                      Ayreton Towne Cryer

                    • spdesroches@att.net
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007

                        Yeah, yeah

                        Say did you or Desco get to talk to Captain Liam tonight about the 3/22/08 date for Carnivale?

                        If not could he be contacted about this?

                        Hiz dizzy honor

                        -------------- Original message from "David Roland" <mystborne@...>: --------------

                        Mayor, you do remember the first order you gave me right?

                        I believe the words were something along the line of...

                        Kill me if I try to do this a second time...

                        And we all know just how reticent I am to not follow orders.

                        But then again my deputy may have bumped me off by them so you may
                        be safe afterall.

                        Ian the teasing Green
                        Ayreton Towne Cryer

                        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups .com, spdesroches@ ... wrote:

                        > So sorry for the confusion
                        >
                        > You just had enthusiasm that was enough for your whole group. My
                        mistake. There goes the re-election.

                        > Hizzoner
                        >
                        > ------------ -- Original message from Scribesquire@ ...: ------------
                        --

                        > Uhm, hold on a minute. I need to clarify this. I did NOT
                        volunteer the Shire of Rokkehealden for official sponsor. I would
                        need to talk to them about that at a meeti ng. What I DID do was
                        volunteer myself to autocrat. If another group would like to
                        sponsor so I could do that, great.

                        > Henry of Exeter

                        > From: spdesroches@ ...
                        >

                        > On the Subject of the Next Ayreton Town Carnivale
                        >
                        > Henry of Exeter, the brand-spanking new Seneschal of Rokkhealden
                        has graciously offered his group as the official sponsor. Exchequer
                        from his group will hopefully not faint. He may or may not be the
                        autocrat, but will take the point until one steps up, upon which
                        he'll assist. Any Takers?
                        > .

                      • David Roland
                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 26, 2007
                          The question was raised. Confirmation is forthcoming.

                          Ian