Re: [Ayreton] Town Meeting Items

  • spdesroches@att.net
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007

      From da desk of da Secraterry of da Lord Mayor

      Hizzoner axed me to take dictayshun of dese minnits of his last Town Meetin. He sez dere'z dis ting called "spel chek" so I'll try it out on youse all.

      On the Subject of the Next Ayreton Town Carnivale

      Projected date is March 22nd, pending final OK on the availability of Glenbrook North H.S.

      Suggested theme is Byzantine. That will make for a nice multicultural urban feel, with an approporiate political tone for Chicagoland. Any name suggestions? Post here.

      Henry of Exeter, the brand-spanking new Seneschal of Rokkhealden has graciously offered his group as the official sponsor. Exchequer from his group will hopefully not faint. He may or may not be the autocrat, but will take the point until one steps up, upon which he'll assist. Any Takers?

      Feast of an undoubtedly delicious and Eastern nature will be headed up by Lady Bojei Timur. Food complainers can send their thoughts to the Horde. Or maybe not.

      Class co-ordinator will be Lady Jale. Come and learn stuff.

      Performance co-ordinator will be Mistress Gianetta. Contact her with your act. Unless it's called "The Aristocrats".

      A&S co-ordinator will be Baroness Kristiana. Theme to be announced. Get started now on your pretty stuff.

      Arts Marshal co-ordinator will be THL Twwm ap Dinan (yer honner he crashed da spell check!)

      Neat-O-Crats will be Baroness Julienne and myself if needed. I'll be out of this job by then and needing something appropriate to do.

      >>A Reminder! Attend the Ayreton Arts Festival! Ida Noyes Hall, East Lounge Saturday October 27!<<

      Next much discussion ensued as to the nature of this list. Should we continue it as is? Or create a separate room for chats, or more rooms perhaps with categories by subject such as fighting, A&S, etc. Put your thoughts here and we'll address the results at:

      The Next Town Meeting, All Souls' Event, November 3rd. Time to be announced but will depend on the schedule if there is a Royal Presence. Subjects will be the progress of the Carnivale event, the e-list and The Shell Barony, in that order.

      Hizzoner

      Okay yer honner, kin I get offa your lap now? Nah, I don't make cawffee. Damn patronage job.

    • Scribesquire@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007
        Uhm, hold on a minute.  I need to clarify this.  I did NOT volunteer the Shire of Rokkehealden for official sponsor.  I would need to talk to them about that at a meeting.  What I DID do was volunteer myself to autocrat.  If another group would like to sponsor so I could do that, great.

        Henry of Exeter

        From: spdesroches@...

        .

      • jeffnaggie@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007
          Please excuse my misunderstanding....aren't all the Areyton groups sponsors?  Or do we need one officially for paperwork.  I truly don't remember from last year.

          Hillary (Foxvale)

          From: spdesroches@...

          On the Subject of the Next Ayreton Town Carnivale

          Henry of Exeter, the brand-spanking new Seneschal of Rokkhealden has graciously offered his group as the official sponsor. Exchequer from his group will hopefully not faint. He may or may not be the autocrat, but will take the point until one steps up, upon which he'll assist. Any Takers?
          .

        • Dayle Harding
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007
            I believe that Henry AND Master Sean volunteered...Ok, Henry did first, and then Sean did.  And yes, while technically all the groups sponsor it, the paperwork really only wants one or at the most two groups to be "on" it.  So, last year we had Grey Gargoyles and Ravenslake as the "co-sponsors" of the event for the "official" paperwork, and all the ads went out with all 6 groups listed as sponsors.

            Also, last year neither exchequer was officially asked about being the exchequer for the event.  And, it was problematic for Grey Gargoyles as they had just had an event and their exchequer was trying to sort that all out.  So, Ghita graciously agreed to do it.  This leads me to believe that although two groups were the "co-sponsors", as long as someone warranted did what was needed, all was good.  I could be wrong...it's happened before....once...I think...but I may be wrong on that....

            Acelina

            From: spdesroches@ att.net

          • rdpierce@pobox.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007
              Dayle Harding said:

              >Also, last year neither exchequer was officially asked about being the exch=
              >equer for the event. And, it was problematic for Grey Gargoyles as they ha=
              >d just had an event and their exchequer was trying to sort that all out. S=
              >o, Ghita graciously agreed to do it. This leads me to believe that althoug=
              >h two groups were the "co-sponsors", as long as someone warranted did what =
              >was needed, all was good. I could be wrong...it's happened before....once.=
              >..I think...but I may be wrong on that....
              >
              >Acelina

              Last year was an interesting situation....

              The ad hoc policy we've followed for Ayreton events is that one group
              and only one group must run the books for the event. That group must
              accept 100% of the pre-reg and gate income, and must reimburse 100%
              of the receipts. For this to work, it is crucial that no other group
              spends money on the event or accepts revenue. The group acting as
              bookrunner will then disburse profits after the event according to
              the agreed distribution method. (One year, we used % volunteer hours,
              last year I believe it was an even split.) It may be decided that
              all groups send money to the group running the books prior to the
              event to help out with pre-event expenses, which also acts as insurance
              that if the event loses money, the group running the books doesn't
              eat all the losses. However, for these transactions, they are
              reported as transfers within Kingdom; they are not event income or
              expenses. Also, the local financial policy applied to the event will be
              that of the group running the books.

              Last year, there was an assumption that Grey Gargoyles would do it, but
              our Exchequer wasn't aware of this and apparently was going to be out
              of town. So at this point Etienne and I started calling around. One
              other group preferred not to do it, but our next call was to Ghita,
              who volunteered, pending approval of the Shire. Rokkehealden's
              Seneschal exercised his emergency powers to approve this, and all was
              well.

              In service,
              THL Ryan Mackenzie
              Midlands Regional Exchequer
            • Sarafina Sinclair
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007
                Hola Folks,

                For purposes of the event, one group must sponsor (ie be the money people) the event officially and do all the reporting and send in the NMS funds, etc. In terms of work, any number of groups can work together.

                Sarafina :D

                From: spdesroches@...

                On the Subject of the Next Ayreton Town Carnivale

                Henry of Exeter, the brand-spanking new Seneschal of Rokkhealden has graciously offered his group as the official sponsor. Exchequer from his group will hopefully not faint. He may or may not be the autocrat, but will take the point until one steps up, upon which he'll assist. Any Takers?
                .

                The Honourable Lady Sarafina Sinclair, CDH,CE
                http://ladysarafina.home.att.net
              • suzanearley@comcast.net
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007
                  I don't mind being exchequer again either.

                  Ghita

                  From: Scribesquire@...

                  From: spdesroches@...

                  On the Subject of the Next Ayreton Town Carnivale

                  Henry of Exeter, the brand-spanking new Seneschal of Rokkhealden has graciously offered his group as the official sponsor. Exchequer from his group will hopefully not faint. He may or may not be the autocrat, but will take the point until one steps up, upon which he'll assist. Any Takers?

                  .

                • Sir Ix
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007
                    >I don't mind being exchequer again either.
                    >
                    >Ghita

                    How shocking :)

                    --
                    Sir Ixtilixochitl

                    just hanging around

                    Midlands - http://www.themidlands.org
                    KSCA, OP

                    (Bo Ring - TriLutions - http://www.galesburg.net)
                  • elenofbirchbrae
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007
                      Lady Bojei Timur can I help again!!!! :-)
                      PLEASSSEEEEEEEEEE! LOL
                      YIS, Elen of Birchbrae

                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007

                        So sorry for the confusion

                        You just had enthusiasm that was enough for your whole group. My mistake. There goes the re-election.

                        Hizzoner

                        -------------- Original message from Scribesquire@...: --------------

                        From: spdesroches@ att.net

                        On the Subject of the Next Ayreton Town Carnivale

                        Henry of Exeter, the brand-spanking new Seneschal of Rokkhealden has graciously offered his group as the official sponsor. Exchequer from his group will hopefully not faint. He may or may not be the autocrat, but will take the point until one steps up, upon which he'll assist. Any Takers?

                        .

                      • David Roland
                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007
                          Mayor, you do remember the first order you gave me right?

                          I believe the words were something along the line of...

                          Kill me if I try to do this a second time...

                          And we all know just how reticent I am to not follow orders.

                          But then again my deputy may have bumped me off by them so you may
                          be safe afterall.

                          Ian the teasing Green
                          Ayreton Towne Cryer

                        • spdesroches@att.net
                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 25, 2007

                            Yeah, yeah

                            Say did you or Desco get to talk to Captain Liam tonight about the 3/22/08 date for Carnivale?

                            If not could he be contacted about this?

                            Hiz dizzy honor

                            -------------- Original message from "David Roland" <mystborne@...>: --------------

                            Mayor, you do remember the first order you gave me right?

                            I believe the words were something along the line of...

                            Kill me if I try to do this a second time...

                            And we all know just how reticent I am to not follow orders.

                            But then again my deputy may have bumped me off by them so you may
                            be safe afterall.

                            Ian the teasing Green
                            Ayreton Towne Cryer

                            --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups .com, spdesroches@ ... wrote:

                            > So sorry for the confusion
                            >
                            > You just had enthusiasm that was enough for your whole group. My
                            mistake. There goes the re-election.

                            > Hizzoner
                            >
                            > ------------ -- Original message from Scribesquire@ ...: ------------
                            --

                            > Uhm, hold on a minute. I need to clarify this. I did NOT
                            volunteer the Shire of Rokkehealden for official sponsor. I would
                            need to talk to them about that at a meeti ng. What I DID do was
                            volunteer myself to autocrat. If another group would like to
                            sponsor so I could do that, great.

                            > Henry of Exeter

                            > From: spdesroches@ ...
                            >

                            > On the Subject of the Next Ayreton Town Carnivale
                            >
                            > Henry of Exeter, the brand-spanking new Seneschal of Rokkhealden
                            has graciously offered his group as the official sponsor. Exchequer
                            from his group will hopefully not faint. He may or may not be the
                            autocrat, but will take the point until one steps up, upon which
                            he'll assist. Any Takers?
                            > .

                          • David Roland
                            Message 13 of 13 , Sep 26, 2007
                              The question was raised. Confirmation is forthcoming.

                              Ian