Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [Ayreton] Greetings Good Citizens

Expand Messages
  • spdesroches@att.net
    Grreetings Good Citizens As it has been stated here in the past, the purpose of this private list is to further greater cooperation and communication between
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 17, 2007
    • 0 Attachment

      Grreetings Good Citizens

       

           As it has been stated here in the past, the purpose of this private list is to further greater cooperation and communication between the various groups in Chicagoland. Mature and constructive exchanges of opinion and  useful information is its sole purpose. Destructive and ill-considered posts are counter to its purpose. It with some concern that I have viewed this day's postings. The various opinions stated contained many valid points, and have for the most part, been constructively put forth by the members of this list. However one post today has contained an untrue accusation of falsehood. It is with regret that I have asked the moderators to put the person who made this statement on a non-posting status. This action has been taken because the individual in question has repeatedly made inflammatory statements here, and has previously been put in this status a number of times. Should this individual, after 90 days of suspension, wish to post a public apology for this disgression, their ability to make posts here will be re-considered. I do not take this action lightly, or out of any personal ill-will, but of the need to maintain the civility of this forum. 

       

      In Service to the Realm and Ayreton

      THL Etienne le Couteau des Roches

      Ayreton Lord Mayor 

    • Rob Hicks
      You Rock! spdesroches@att.net wrote: Grreetings Good Citizens As it has been stated here in the past, the purpose of this private list is to further greater
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 17, 2007
      • 0 Attachment
        You Rock!

        spdesroches@... wrote:
        Grreetings Good Citizens
         
             As it has been stated here in the past, the purpose of this private list is to further greater cooperation and communication between the various groups in Chicagoland. Mature and constructive exchanges of opinion and  useful information is its sole purpose. Destructive and ill-considered posts are counter to its purpose. It with some concern that I have viewed this day's postings. The various opinions stated contained many valid points, and have for the most part, been constructively put forth by the members of this list. However one post today has contained an untrue accusation of falsehood. It is with regret that I have asked the moderators to put the person who made this statement on a non-posting status. This action has been taken because the individual in question has repeatedly made inflammatory statements here, and has previously been put in this status a number of times. Should this individual, after 90 days of suspension, wish to post a public apology for this disgression, their ability to make posts here will be re-considered. I do not take this action lightly, or out of any personal ill-will, but of the need to maintain the civility of this forum. 
         
        In Service to the Realm and Ayreton
        THL Etienne le Couteau des Roches
        Ayreton Lord Mayor 


        Building a website is a piece of cake.
        Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.

      • jeffnaggie@aol.com
        Dunstan!!!!!!?? Email me personnaly please!!! Jeffnaggie@aol.com Thanks, Hillary ... From: Rob Hicks To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com Sent:
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 17, 2007
        • 0 Attachment
          Dunstan!!!!!!   Email me personnaly please!!!

          Jeffnaggie@...


          Thanks,

          Hillary


          -----Original Message-----
          From: Rob Hicks <darclan28@...>
          To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
          Sent: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 4:17 pm
          Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Greetings Good Citizens

          You Rock!

          spdesroches@... wrote:
          Grreetings Good Citizens
           
               As it has been stated here in the past, the purpose of this private list is to further greater cooperation and communication between the various groups in Chicagoland. Mature and constructive exchanges of opinion and  useful information is its sole purpose. Destructive and ill-considered posts are counter to its purpose. It with some concern that I have viewed this day's postings. The various opinions stated contained many valid points, and have for the most part, been constructively put forth by the members of this list. However one post today has contained an untrue accusation of falsehood. It is with regret that I have asked the moderators to put the person who made this statement on a non-posting status. This action has been taken because the individual in question has repeatedly made inflammatory statements here, and has previously been put in this status a number of times. Should this individual, after 90 days of suspension, wish to post a public apology for this disgression, their ability to make posts here will be re-considered. I do not take this action lightly, or out of any personal ill-will, but of the need to maintain the civility of this forum. 
           
          In Service to the Realm and Ayreton
          THL Etienne le Couteau des Roches
          Ayreton Lord Mayor 


          Building a website is a piece of cake.
          Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.

          Email and AIM finally together. You've gotta check out free AOL Mail!
        • spdesroches@att.net
          Thank You! Will you be at the Foxvale event this Saturday? Etienne ... You Rock! spdesroches@att.net wrote: Grreetings Good Citizens As it has been stated here
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 17, 2007
          • 0 Attachment

            Thank You!

             

            Will you be at the Foxvale event this Saturday?

             

            Etienne

            -------------- Original message from Rob Hicks <darclan28@...>: --------------

            You Rock!

            spdesroches@ att.net wrote:

            Grreetings Good Citizens
             
                 As it has been stated here in the past, the purpose of this private list is to further greater cooperation and communication between the various groups in Chicagoland. Mature and constructive exchanges of opinion and  useful information is its sole purpose. Destructive and ill-considered posts are counter to its purpose. It with some concern that I have viewed this day's postings. The various opinions stated contained many valid points, and have for the most part, been constructively put forth by the members of this list. However one post today has contained an untrue accusation of falsehood. It is with regret that I have asked the moderators to put the person who made this statement on a non-posting status. This action has been taken because the individual in question has repeatedly made inflammatory statements here, and has previously been put in this status a number of times. Should this individual, after 90 days o f suspension, wish to post a public apology for this disgression, their ability to make posts here will be re-considered. I do not take this action lightly, or out of any personal ill-will, but of the need to maintain the civility of this forum. 
             
            In Service to the Realm and Ayreton
            THL Etienne le Couteau des Roches
            Ayreton Lord Mayor 


            Building a website is a piece of cake.
            Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.

          • John Adams
            Lord Mayor, In keeping with your obvious desire to protect the (questionably) innocent, I shall follow in your footsteps. I have reviewed what I suspect to be
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 17, 2007
            • 0 Attachment
              Lord Mayor,
               
              In keeping with your obvious desire to protect the (questionably) innocent, I shall follow in your footsteps.
               
              I have reviewed what I suspect to be the post in question, and I fear that I find your decision questionable. In fact, I can find nothing in this Gentle Person #1's (the 'offender') reply to Gentle Person #2 (the 'offended') or any other posts this day which could be interpreted as 'false statements'.
               
              Gentle Person #2 indeed presumed upon the content of a posting regarding the results of the TGS poll, inferring that it reflected the opinion of the entire populace, which Gentle Person #1 rightly corrected. This observation was summarily seconded by myself, but only because Gentle Person #1's post arrived before my own.
               
              In his second paragraph, Gentle Person #1 only expressed well known facts.
               
              In his third paragraph, Gentle Person #1 then gave two well founded suggestions, and expressed an opinion based upon his own prior observation (as opinions go, your mileage may vary), and subsequently compared Gentle Person #2's current remarks to those previously observed. Certainly, opinions are not worthy of removing his privilege? And just because someone claims to be 'attacked' does not inherantly make it so.
               
              Few if any know better than I that Gentle Person #1 can be a contentious creature, and you may not like his tone. And I venture it safe to say that at some point while discussing these subjects, you will probably not care for mine either. However, it is you (and perhaps your associates) who have chosen to make this a forum for the discussion of what will invariably be found, long before its demise, a subject of great difference, one borne by those who are strong in thought and opinion. Clearly, to be perceived objective, you can ill afford to be 'thin skinned' about what is or is not 'civil', 'destructive' or 'ill-considered' now. Simply claiming that you are objective will not suffice, as you have an equally public opinion on the subject and are in control of this venue. To remove anyone's voice at this time, especially a vocal dissentor, will smack of censorship whether it is in fact, or not, and can guarantee you with relative certainty, that it will weigh heavily against your own espoused goals when an official accounting is made.
               
              While I am impressed that Gentle Person #2 saw fit to recuse himself as a moderator in this matter, I respectfully (and publicly) recommend you reconsider your decision.
               
              In Service,
               
              Lord Grimkirk ap Greymoor
              Province of Tre-Girt-Sea

              ----- Original Message ----
              From: "spdesroches@..." <spdesroches@...>
              To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
              Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 3:29:12 PM
              Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Greetings Good Citizens

              Grreetings Good Citizens

               

                   As it has been stated here in the past, the purpose of this private list is to further greater cooperation and communication between the various groups in Chicagoland. Mature and constructive exchanges of opinion and  useful information is its sole purpose. Destructive and ill-considered posts are counter to its purpose. It with some concern that I have viewed this day's postings. The various opinions stated contained many valid points, and have for the most part, been constructively put forth by the members of this list. However one post today has contained an untrue accusation of falsehood. It is with regret that I have asked the moderators to put the person who made this statement on a non-posting status. This action has been taken because the individual in question has repeatedly made inflammatory statements here, and has previously been put in this status a number of times. Should this individual, after 90 days of suspension, wish to post a public apology for this disgression, their ability to make posts here will be re-considered. I do not take this action lightly, or out of any personal ill-will, but of the need to maintain the civility of this forum. 

               

              In Service to the Realm and Ayreton

              THL Etienne le Couteau des Roches

              Ayreton Lord Mayor 

               


              Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!
            • Valerie
              The true issue lies not just in todays comments but other posts and comments on this list specifically made by the gentle in question. Said gentle was warned
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 17, 2007
              • 0 Attachment
                The true issue lies not just in todays comments but other posts and
                comments on this list specifically made by the gentle in question.
                Said gentle was warned about putting more thought and care into his
                posts previously and has failed to do so. I too found the post in
                question as put forth in a very rude and infamitory way. To get his
                point across he simply need say.

                I disagree reguarding the polling since not all the populace has been
                polled as of yet just those that attended said meet.

                instead said gentle decided to use certain phrases and by the end of
                his email it came across more as a personal attack rather then stating
                a well thought out oppinion.

                I've hope that everyone as always will think carefully what they are
                putting out on the list and be sure to read before you post. I've
                more then once written a post then deleted it and started over because
                my tone could be taken the wrong way. As always in a public forum I
                encourage everyone to act like an adult and remember that you are
                responsible for your own actions.

                Said gentle should still be able to read this list and stay informed
                as to the goings on in the area he will just be unable to post for 90
                days. After the suspension he can post again and I'd like to believe
                will learn to give more care to how his words affect others arround
                him and will be a much better person for the experiance.

                Cheers
                Moira O'Dorran

                P.S. The Barony of Rivenstar has been really great to me so far and I
                miss everyone up in chicago. I hope to come up for a practice and
                visit you guys soon. :)


                --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, John Adams <auldefarte@...> wrote:
                >
                > Lord Mayor,
                >
                > In keeping with your obvious desire to protect the (questionably)
                innocent, I shall follow in your footsteps.
                >
                > I have reviewed what I suspect to be the post in question, and I
                fear that I find your decision questionable. In fact, I can find
                nothing in this Gentle Person #1's (the 'offender') reply to Gentle
                Person #2 (the 'offended') or any other posts this day which could be
                interpreted as 'false statements'.
                >
                > Gentle Person #2 indeed presumed upon the content of a posting
                regarding the results of the TGS poll, inferring that it reflected the
                opinion of the entire populace, which Gentle Person #1 rightly
                corrected. This observation was summarily seconded by myself, but only
                because Gentle Person #1's post arrived before my own.
                >
                > In his second paragraph, Gentle Person #1 only expressed well known
                facts.
                >
                > In his third paragraph, Gentle Person #1 then gave two well founded
                suggestions, and expressed an opinion based upon his own prior
                observation (as opinions go, your mileage may vary), and subsequently
                compared Gentle Person #2's current remarks to those previously
                observed. Certainly, opinions are not worthy of removing his
                privilege? And just because someone claims to be 'attacked' does not
                inherantly make it so.
                >
                > Few if any know better than I that Gentle Person #1 can be a
                contentious creature, and you may not like his tone. And I venture it
                safe to say that at some point while discussing these subjects, you
                will probably not care for mine either. However, it is you (and
                perhaps your associates) who have chosen to make this a forum for the
                discussion of what will invariably be found, long before its demise, a
                subject of great difference, one borne by those who are strong in
                thought and opinion. Clearly, to be perceived objective, you can ill
                afford to be 'thin skinned' about what is or is not 'civil',
                'destructive' or 'ill-considered' now. Simply claiming that you are
                objective will not suffice, as you have an equally public opinion on
                the subject and are in control of this venue. To remove anyone's voice
                at this time, especially a vocal dissentor, will smack of censorship
                whether it is in fact, or not, and can guarantee you with relative
                certainty, that it will
                > weigh heavily against your own espoused goals when an official
                accounting is made.
                >
                > While I am impressed that Gentle Person #2 saw fit to recuse himself
                as a moderator in this matter, I respectfully (and publicly) recommend
                you reconsider your decision.
                >
                > In Service,
                >
                > Lord Grimkirk ap Greymoor
                > Province of Tre-Girt-Sea
                >
                >
                > ----- Original Message ----
                > From: "spdesroches@..." <spdesroches@...>
                > To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
                > Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 3:29:12 PM
                > Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Greetings Good Citizens
                >
                >
                > Grreetings Good Citizens
                >
                > As it has been stated here in the past, the purpose of this
                private list is to further greater cooperation and communication
                between the various groups in Chicagoland. Mature and constructive
                exchanges of opinion and useful information is its sole purpose.
                Destructive and ill-considered posts are counter to its purpose. It
                with some concern that I have viewed this day's postings. The various
                opinions stated contained many valid points, and have for the most
                part, been constructively put forth by the members of this list.
                However one post today has contained an untrue accusation of
                falsehood. It is with regret that I have asked the moderators to put
                the person who made this statement on a non-posting status. This
                action has been taken because the individual in question has
                repeatedly made inflammatory statements here, and has previously been
                put in this status a number of times. Should this individual, after 90
                days of suspension, wish to post a
                > public apology for this disgression, their ability to make posts
                here will be re-considered. I do not take this action lightly, or out
                of any personal ill-will, but of the need to maintain the civility of
                this forum.
                >
                > In Service to the Realm and Ayreton
                > THL Etienne le Couteau des Roches
                > Ayreton Lord Mayor
                >
                >
                >
                >
                ____________________________________________________________________________________
                > Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search
                > that gives answers, not web links.
                > http://mobile.yahoo.com/mobileweb/onesearch?refer=1ONXIC
                >
              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.