Demo July 29-need volunteers

  • the child
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 25, 2006
      Hello good gentles!
      The Shire of Vanished Wood has been asked to put on an A&S demo, but
      we need your help! Please read the following information given by Twm
      ap Twm for more details (no, there will NOT be any fighting.)We would
      like as many people as we can to be there for a Scribe/herald from the
      Daily Herald will be in attendance to take account of the events and
      may even "make portraits" for the inclusion of their historical
      accounts (ie: a reporter will be there and will take pictures!) The
      more that show up, the better it will look for all of our shires.
      Thank you,
      Isabella DeBolsa
      Senechal, Vanished Wood

      Hi everybody,
      OK there is a little less then a week until the demo for the West
      Chicago Public Library. The location for the demo is at Reed park
      located at National and Arbor Streets in West Chicago. The direction
      to get there are:

      From rt. 59 West on Washington, North on Arbor then west on National.

      Washington is located south of Hawthorne Lain and north or Roosevelt
      Road. The demo will run between 1:00pm and 3:30pm but please try to
      get there at 12:30 so we can go over who is speaking when and get
      stuff ready.

      Here is who I have commitments from so far:
      Tony is doing "something",
      Anthony will be there in a chatelain aspect, and an SCA info table.
      Kathy & Gavin will be focusing on house hold goods & foods.
      Elaine will be showing embroidery.
      Onnen wanted to show card weaving.
      Katerina scribing and calligraphy.

      Basically we still can use and need more people. So if you can make
      it please let me know. Specifically I am looking for people who can
      talk about children’s activities in the SCA, combat, page school,
      A&S, ect. but the more people talking about more topics the better for
      everyone. If you can make it please e-mail me and let me know.

      Dayle will there be people attending from the scribal guild and if so
      please post this information to the groups that they read. If anyone
      knows people outside the group who would be interested in helping
      please feel free to forward this.

      The West Chicago Library really liked our last demo and there is a
      new family now participating in local youth activities so this a great
      chance for recruitment for the area.

      Tim