Re: [Ayreton] Musical Instrument

  • Cerian Cantwr
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 13 12:03 PM
      Sounds like a bowed psaltery.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowed_psaltery

      Cerian

      ladyscribe07 wrote:
      > Hello everyone,
      >
      > Last event in Foxvale I saw a gentle play an instrument with two
      > little bow like sticks. Looked like a dulcimer was but was not. She
      > told me what it was but I forgot what she called it. I would like to
      > know.
      >
      > She said it is very easy to play. I would like this gentle to get in
      > touch with me and give me some info on it and a possible website.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Lady Eleanor (smile)
    • twlyon24
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 13 12:18 PM
        Try here...

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowed_psaltery

        Logos
        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Christian Fournier <cf@...> wrote:

        > > Last event in Foxvale I saw a gentle play an instrument with two
        > > little bow like sticks. Looked like a dulcimer was but was not.
        She
        > > told me what it was but I forgot what she called it. I would like
        > > know.
        >
        > Might have been a bowed psaltry.
        >
        > XF

      • Kyla
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 13 1:21 PM
          Greetings All,

          Yes, the instrument I was playing is called a bowed psaltery.
          I got in from Unicorn Strings:
          http://unicornstrings.com/

          According to further research I and others have done, it is not in fact a
          bowed psaltery, which was 'invented' in the 1930's, and has an arched bridge
          like a violin, but a bowed zither.
          As such it is a period instrument, played with one bow, it is played in a
          period manner.

          I'm sure, if they could have figured out how to hold the instrument, they
          would have played with 2 bows.

          I am planning to be at Fox Hunt again this year, and I will have my
          'psaltery' with me.
          If you would like to have a lesson on how to play, just ask.

          Kyla Pennywarden
          Ravenslake, Midlands,
          Middle Kingdom

          Last event in Foxvale I saw a gentle play an instrument with two
          little bow like sticks. Looked like a dulcimer was but was not. She
          told me what it was but I forgot what she called it. I would like to
          know.

          She said it is very easy to play. I would like this gentle to get in
          touch with me and give me some info on it and a possible website.

          Thanks,

          Lady Eleanor (smile)

          ~~~~~

          To view and add events to the calendar: