Musical Instrument

  • ladyscribe07
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 13, 2007
      Hello everyone,

      Last event in Foxvale I saw a gentle play an instrument with two
      little bow like sticks. Looked like a dulcimer was but was not. She
      told me what it was but I forgot what she called it. I would like to
      know.

      She said it is very easy to play. I would like this gentle to get in
      touch with me and give me some info on it and a possible website.

      Thanks,

      Lady Eleanor (smile)
    • Christian Fournier
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 13, 2007
        > Last event in Foxvale I saw a gentle play an instrument with two
        > little bow like sticks. Looked like a dulcimer was but was not. She
        > told me what it was but I forgot what she called it. I would like to
        > know.

        Might have been a bowed psaltry.

        XF
      • Cerian Cantwr
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 13, 2007
          Sounds like a bowed psaltery.
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowed_psaltery

          Cerian

          ladyscribe07 wrote:
          > Hello everyone,
          >
          > Last event in Foxvale I saw a gentle play an instrument with two
          > little bow like sticks. Looked like a dulcimer was but was not. She
          > told me what it was but I forgot what she called it. I would like to
          > know.
          >
          > She said it is very easy to play. I would like this gentle to get in
          > touch with me and give me some info on it and a possible website.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Lady Eleanor (smile)
        • twlyon24
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 13, 2007
            Try here...

            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowed_psaltery

            Logos
            --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Christian Fournier <cf@...> wrote:

            > > Last event in Foxvale I saw a gentle play an instrument with two
            > > little bow like sticks. Looked like a dulcimer was but was not.
            She
            > > told me what it was but I forgot what she called it. I would like
            > > know.
            >
            > Might have been a bowed psaltry.
            >
            > XF

          • Kyla
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 13, 2007
              Greetings All,

              Yes, the instrument I was playing is called a bowed psaltery.
              I got in from Unicorn Strings:
              http://unicornstrings.com/

              According to further research I and others have done, it is not in fact a
              bowed psaltery, which was 'invented' in the 1930's, and has an arched bridge
              like a violin, but a bowed zither.
              As such it is a period instrument, played with one bow, it is played in a
              period manner.

              I'm sure, if they could have figured out how to hold the instrument, they
              would have played with 2 bows.

              I am planning to be at Fox Hunt again this year, and I will have my
              'psaltery' with me.
              If you would like to have a lesson on how to play, just ask.

              Kyla Pennywarden
              Ravenslake, Midlands,
              Middle Kingdom

              Last event in Foxvale I saw a gentle play an instrument with two
              little bow like sticks. Looked like a dulcimer was but was not. She
              told me what it was but I forgot what she called it. I would like to
              know.

              She said it is very easy to play. I would like this gentle to get in
              touch with me and give me some info on it and a possible website.

              Thanks,

              Lady Eleanor (smile)

              ~~~~~

              To view and add events to the calendar: