Desperatly seeking hay

  • Vargas
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2007
      Hi all,
       Up from the depths of injury and down do I surface. I'm looking for some help or connections or something. We  need hay. We're desperate to get it. THERE IS NONE TO BE FOUND around here.  I've been calling as far as N.Y. (yes new york,)  looking for it. Oh yeah they got it, at anywhere from 3800 to 6000 grand a load. That's roughly 25 tons. That includes delivery of course) It breaks down to about 7.00 a bale  a bit too steep.
      So now the comes the help part, if anybody knows anyone that  knows anyone that has hay for sale, reasonbly priced  hay up to 5 dollars a bale, then please, please send me thier contact info. If they can deliver  5000 bales great, if we have to pick up 500 bales, then great!
      In any case thanks for the help.
      Vargas
      Who now will disappear into the obscurity of injury, and worry over feeding the horses.

      Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

    • amysnewstart07@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2007
        I might know where you can get hay.  Call Ben or Berniece at 815-648-4401, 815-790-4297 or 262-206-5692.  Or try Michael at 815-814-1214.  Amy

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7, 2007
          Sir Vargas,
          I have called the feed store area from our church and he
          confirmed that here is a die need for all and very short
          supply. He has heard rumor of someone in WI making
          deliveries into IL; however, he has no info on this person.
          He has recommended that you look North and West, although
          stated that the $7.00 a bale is about what to expect right
          now. As an alternative he says Hay Cubes from Canada and
          replacement pellets. I did find a few web sites: some have
          hay but their web sites have not been updated for this
          summer, some have inf on cubes and pellets (how to use and
          pro/cons), and some possible suppliers of pellets as well.
          I have not called any of them; however, I thought it might
          be a place to start IF you have not exhusted all of these
          links already. I wish you luck!
          YIS, Elen of Birchbrae

          http://www.darthay.com/Hay.htm

          http://freeburghay.com/history.html