Ayreton Area Activities

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 24, 2006
      SUNDAYS

      ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

        The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now due to much interest.   PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  There will be plenty of tables and chairs available and plug ins for your sewing machines!  People have even been making Gambeson's and are thinking of making fencing armor.  Come and Garb with us!

        This is designed to be a low key way for people to work on their sewing projects and to learn from each other.  It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.  However, anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to make garb is more than welcome!

        Of course other Arts and Sciences projects are welcome to come and share the copious amount of space on Sundays as well.

      MONDAYS

      ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption

      The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten, twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and related research to call me and join us on MONDAY evenings.

      Location: The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.
      Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.

      ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music

      Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

      TUESDAYS

      ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd 4th and 5th Tuesdays from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.

      This month that is July 25.

      WEDNESDAYS

      Wednesdays

      ** Heraldry Night – on Hiatus until September

      ** Vanished Woods Project Night

      We are hosting a Project Night every Wednesday Night.  Bring your sewing, bring your chainmail rings, bring your illumination project or any other project!  We have space, we have sturdy tables, we have fun!  We have a sewing machine to loan.  We also tend to have rather interesting discussions.  This is a laid back evening intended to encourage ALL A&S projects (that can be worked on in our home - sorry, we can't encourage welding).  We are not experts, but we are great cheerleaders!  This is a great opportunity to set aside time to work on those things that you want to get done but are having trouble with in terms of motivation and/or setting aside time.  If you are looking for a project to start, we even might have the resources to get you started.

      Directions are posted on the Yahoo Ayreton calendar.  Children are welcome - we have two little ones who love to play.  Our cat and two small dogs will be sequestered.

      Thanks!  Onnen and Meurig

      THURSDAYS

      ** The Pippins

      A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
      Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

      Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

      Thurs. July 27th (also moot)
      Thurs. August 3rd
      Thurs. August 24th (also moot)
      For more information, contact Lady Fiona svalentine_98@...
      CRYER'S NOTE

      I apologize if I have missed anyones announcements.  As always feel free to contact me and I will do my best to make all corrections.  Ayretontownecryer@...  As always I will be happy to make any announcements that I am asked to make that are open inviations and are SCA activity related.

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Ayreton Towne Cryer
      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 30, 2006
        SUNDAYS

        ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

        2 p.m. until the end of practice.

          The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now.  PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  The month of September the building is closed to us so it is recommended to bring projects you can work on by hand until the building is open again.

[...]

            No practice this week.  There will be practice on August 22 and August 29th.

        WEDNESDAYS

        There are currently no announced activities on Wednesday nights. Heraldry and the Vanished Woods Project night are on hiatus until after the Labor Day Weekend.

        THURSDAYS

        ** The Pippins

        A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
        Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

        ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

        Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

        Thursday, Sept. 7
        Thursday, Sept 28 (moot)
        Thursday, Oct. 5
        WEDNESDAY, Oct. 25 (moot)
        WEDNESDAY, Nov. 22
        Thursday, Nov. 30 (moot)

        Message 3 of 24 , Sep 5, 2006
          Announcements and activities!  There are a good number of people that have activities that I am announcing.   Please e-mail me to let me know if the announcements are up to date and current.

          Thank you!

[...]

            2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm. This month practice will be held on September 12th and September 26th.

          WEDNESDAYS

          Project Night:  Vanished Woods Project Night will be offered this Wednesday, the 6th, at 6:30ish...  After this week, we will move Project Night to every second and fourth Thursday of the month. Bring your project, tables will be provided as needed.  BYOB
          and a dish to share.

          While this is hosted by members of the Shire of Vanished Wood, we welcome everyone in the area - let's see what people are working on! We reside on the border of Vanished Wood and Ravenslake

          From the south, take your best route to the intersection of I290/I90/Rt 53.  Go north on Rt 53 until the expressway ends, then go East on Lake Cook Road.  Turn into the first apartment complex (Country Glen) and go straight into the complex.  Follow the signs to Bldg 2310 (turn before the 3rd speed bump).  Heraldry will be hanging on our balcony to help you identify us.  From the north, please email me at:

          onnen.bach@... or call me at (847) 483-5279 for directions.  Mapquest will put you in a different suburb....

          THURSDAYS

          ** The Pippins

          A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
          Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

          ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

          Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

          Thursday, Sept. 7
          Thursday, Sept 28 (moot)
          Thursday, Oct. 5
          WEDNESDAY, Oct. 25 (moot)
          WEDNESDAY, Nov. 22
          Thursday, Nov. 30 (moot)

          For more information, contact Lady Fiona svalentine_98@...

          SATURDAY

          Games Night:

          Starting Saturday, Sept 9 and continuing on the second Saturday of the month (will be rescheduled if there is an event that weekend within 100 miles), we would like to invite one and all for a Games Night.  Each month we will learn one or two medieval board
          games, appropriate for children and adults.  Cloth "boards" will be made up and available to take home.  Again, BYOB and a dish to share -

          Games night starts around 6:30ish.  For directions, see above.  We will post the week before which game(s) will be presented.  This week, we will focus on Fanorona and Alquerques (same board).

        • ayretontownecryer
          Message 4 of 24 , Sep 11, 2006
            Announcements and activities! There are a good number ofpeople that
            have activities that I am announcing. Pleasee-mail me to letme
            know if the announcements are up to dateand current.Thank you!

            SUNDAYS

            ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle2 p.m. until the end of practice. The
            Garb Circle is a continuing venture now. PLEASE bringany garb
            project you would like to work on.

            The month ofSeptember the building is closed to us so it is
            recommendedto bring projects you can work on by hand until the
            buildingis open again. This is designed to be a low key way for
[...]

            ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights
            from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-
            0125 to confirm.

            This month practice will be held on September 12th and September
            26th.

            WEDNESDAYS

            Currently there are no activities being announced for Wednesday.

            THURSDAYS

            ** Vanished Woods Project NightProject Night to every second and
            fourth Thursday of the month. Bring your project,tables will be
            provided as needed. BYOB and a dish to share.

            While this is hosted by members of the Shire of Vanished Wood, we
            welcome everyonein the area - let's see what people are working on!

            We reside on the border of VanishedWood and Ravenslake From the
            south, take your best route to the intersection of I290/I90/Rt 53.
            Go north onRt 53 until the expressway ends, then go East on Lake
            Cook Road. Turn into the firstapartment complex (Country Glen) and
            go straight into the complex. Follow the signsto Bldg 2310 (turn
            before the 3rd speed bump). Heraldry will be hanging on our
            balconyto help you identify us.

            From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@... or call me
            at (847) 483-5279 for directions. Mapquest will put you in a
            different suburb....

            ** The Pippins

            A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group Meets every
            Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza,located in
            Andersonville (north side of the city).Call 312-259-6688 for more
            information.

            ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium The Scriptorium is composed of all skill
            levels. The Scriptorium is open to anyone who is interested in any
            aspect of the scribal arts.

            You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in the
            Scriptorium. You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to
            paint. You don't have to draw.You don't even have to do
            calligraphy. Experiment and do what you like. You don't have to
            buy anything. We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of
            course, if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own
            supplies. From time to time we hold classes to teach various
            aspects of calligraphy and illumination. About the only request
            (per say) is you beactive, encouraging, positive to others and
            yourself.

[...]

            From the south, take your best route to the intersection of

            From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@... or call me
            at (847) 483-5279 for directions. Mapquest will put you in a
            different suburb....
          • Dayle Harding
            Message 5 of 24 , Sep 12, 2006
              Ian--
              The youth practice didn't get mentioned.  Did I miss it?

              ____________ _________ _________ _________ ____

              ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______

              From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@yahoo. com or call me

              svalentine_98@ yahoo.com
              ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______

              SATURDAY

              **Games Night:

              Starting Saturday, Sept 9 and continuing on the second Saturday of
              the month (will be rescheduled if there is an event that weekend
              within 100 miles), we would like to invite one and all for a Games
              Night. Each month we will learn one or two medieval board games,
              appropriate for children and adults. Cloth "boards" will be made up
              and available to take home. Again, BYOB and a dish to share -Games
              night starts around 6:30ish.

              We will post the week before which game(s) will be presented. This
              week, we will focus on Fanorona and Alquerques (same board).

              From the south, take your best route to the intersection of

              From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@yahoo. com or call me