Re: [Ayreton] Ayreton Arts Marshal Announcements

  • KCMalone3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4 1:32 PM
      Actually, for youth boffer, the practice schedule is not yet finalized.  I will post it within the week, hopefully.

      Anna

      **************************************
    • kevin purtrell
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 5 7:59 AM
        Hi,
           I was contacted by a couple of Scaians who are visiting from Drachenwald.
        Being the perfect host I invited them to Thieves Of Hearts practice on Sept. 11th
        without asking Warder Anton.
        So, if there is practice next Tues, there will be people from Drachenwald there.
        They will need to borrow everything. I have some extra stuff.
        Does anyone know if the directions listed below work from Darien?

        -Kevin Ambrozijwski

        Ayreton Towne Cryer <ayretontownecryer@...> wrote:
        Oyez, oyez!  Here are the martial activities known to be happening in Ayreton this week.  Thanks everyone for the corrections, please let me know if there are any other changes or updates.

        -- Gianetta, Deputy Towne Cryer

        YOUTH BOFFER

        Please contact Acelina, the marshal in charge, for the current schedule. Any questions for her can go to DJC137@....

        SUNDAY PRACTICES

        AYRETON FIGHTER PRACTICE
        The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles and Shire of Vanished Woods all officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles site every Sunday of the month.  We call this the Ayreton Fighter Practice.

        This practice is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. every Sunday.  By about 2 p.m. there are other people to play with almost always.

        Directions to the Grey Gargoyles Site

            Be Warned that the Dan Ryan (90/94) is subject to construction.  You may wish to take an alternate route.  Alternate directions can be found at :

        Please be aware that if you do take Lake Shore Drive as your alternate route Class "B" License Plates are NOT allowed on Lake Shore Drive.

          Ida Noyes Hall - 59th St. and Woodlawn Ave., Chicago, IL 60637

        - Find the best route to I-90/I-94 in South Chicago
        . Take I-90/I-90 and exit
        at
        Garfield Blvd. (55th St.)

        - Turn east immediately (first light) and proceed past 5 stoplights.

        - Cross Martin Luther King drive and enter park.

        - At the Y in the road go right. This will lead you onto the Midway Plaisance (
        59th St.)

        - Go to Woodlawn Avenue, Turn left and park. Ida Noyes Hall is on the northeast corner of Woodlawn and Midway. See map for details

          Map Link
        http://grey- gargoyles. uchicago. edu/calendar/ #IDANOYES

        TUESDAY PRACTICES

        Foxvale Fighther Practice/A&S Night

        On Tuesdays there is a fighter practice/A&S night in Aurora. We are at the Root Street campus, and this is hosted by the incipient shire of Foxvale. If you need directions or more information you also may contact Foxvale's website.

        Thieves of Hearts Practice

        Heavy fighters and Rapier fighters both attend this practice.  All levels of skill are welcomed and wanted.  Rapier and aspiring rapier practitioners will find group as well as one on one instructions in rapier combat for both singles and melee.

        Practices are held Tuesday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the Glenbroom North High School.  Address: 2300 Shermer Road, Northbrook, IL

        Directions to the Thieves of Hearts Practice, including a very useful and helpful overhead map can be found at: http://thieves. ayreton.org/

        Text Directions are:

        - Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.

        - Exit Willow Road to the East.  Follow to Shermer.

        - Turn Left onto Shermer road.  Follow Shermer 4 blocks to the last driveway into the
          school and turn left.

        - Go past the stop sign, turn left into the next parking lot and then turn right behind the
           tennis courts.  The parking lot will be on your left.  Look for the propped open door.

        The Cryer can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@ yahoo.com

        If you wish to be taken off of the announcement please send an e-mail to the AyretonTowneCryer@ yahoo.com and put in the body that you are requesting to be removed from the announcement list.

      • David Roland
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 5 10:14 AM
          Yes, the Direction do work from Darien as long as they know how to
          get to I-294 and understand that it is a toll road.

          Also the link provided in the Announcement gives a very good
          overhead map with highlights that are very understandable.

          The Thieves of Hearts Practice is an SCA practice and as such is
          open to everyone of all skill levels including that of the complete
          newcomer to fencing. There is loaner equipment that is available at
          all practices and like all loaner equipment it is first come, first
          serve.

          Ian the Green

          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, kevin purtrell <krpurtell@...> wrote:

> [...]
          instructions in rapier combat for both singles and melee.

          > Practices are held Tuesday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the Glenbroom
          North High School. Address: 2300 Shermer Road, Northbrook, IL

          > Directions to the Thieves of Hearts Practice, including a very
          useful and helpful overhead map can be found at:
          http://thieves.ayreton.org/

          > Text Directions are:
          >
          > - Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.
          >
          > - Exit Willow Road to the East. Follow to Shermer.
          >
          > - Turn Left onto Shermer road. Follow Shermer 4 blocks to the
          last driveway into the
          > school and turn left.
          >
          > - Go past the stop sign, turn left into the next parking lot and
          then turn right behind the
          > tennis courts. The parking lot will be on your left. Look
          for the propped open door.

          > This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Towne Cryer. If
          you wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get
          together announced feel free to contact me and request an
          announcement be made. After all the more people playing nice
          together, the more fun it is for everyone! Corrections can also be
          made but only if you help me find them.

          mail to the AyretonTowneCryer@... and put in the body that you are
          requesting to be removed from the announcement list.
          > ---------------------------------
          user panel and lay it on us.

          > ---------------------------------
          > Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your
          pocket: mail, news, photos & more.

        • Ayreton Chronicler
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2010

                Oyez, oyez!  Here are the martial activities known to be happening in Ayreton and surrounding area this week.

            YOUTH BOFFER PRACTICE

            Youth boffer practices are being organized right now.  Watch this space for dates and times, or contact Anna (KCMalone3@...) for details.

            SUNDAY PRACTICES

            AYRETON FIGHTER PRACTICE

            The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles, Shire of Rokkhealdon, and Shire of Vanished Woods all officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles nearly every Sunday of the month.

            This practice is scheduled to start at 2 p.m. every Sunday.

[...]

            MONDAY PRACTICES

            THIEVES OF HEARTS PRACTICE

            This practice is open to everyone.  Newcomers are welcome, and there is loaner gear available for fencers.  Heavy fighters and Rapier fighters both attend this practice.  All levels of skill are welcomed and wanted.  Rapier and aspiring rapier practitioners will find group as well as one on one instructions in rapier combat for both singles and melee.

            Practices are held Monday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the Glenbrook North High SchoolAddress: 2300 Shermer Road, Northbrook , IL

            Directions to the Thieves of Hearts Practice, including a very useful and helpful overhead map can be found at: http://thieves.ayreton.org/

            Text Directions are:

            - Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.

            - Exit Willow Road to the East.  Follow to Shermer.

            - Turn Left onto Shermer road.  Follow Shermer 4 blocks to the last driveway into the

              school and turn left.

            - Go past the stop sign, turn left into the next parking lot and then turn right behind the

               tennis courts.  The parking lot will be on your left.  Look for the propped open door.

            WEDNESDAY PRACTICES

            AYRETON ARCHERY PRACTICE

            The Ayreton weekly practice is every Wednesday.  Everyone is welcome -- please come out!

            Date: Every Wednesday unless specified.
            Time:
            7:00 pm - 9:00 pm

            7240 West
            Madison
            Forest Park , Illinois 60130
            Range Phone: 708 366 4864

            $8.00 / hr range fee. $0.50 per target.
            $12 for rental gear.
            http://www.archerycustomshop.com/

            All are welcome!

            This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Chronicler. If you wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get together announced feel free to contact me and request an announcement be made. If you find any errors in this message please send me corrections.

            The Chronicler can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@...

          • dfvalenta
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 9, 2010
              There is NO PRACTICE at Ida Noyes this Sunday.
              The building is being used for the 50th Annual University of Chicago Folk Festival.

              Guy Dawkins