Ayreton Arts Marshal Announcements

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 4 1:11 PM
      Oyez, oyez!  Here are the martial activities known to be happening in Ayreton this week.  Thanks everyone for the corrections, please let me know if there are any other changes or updates.

      -- Gianetta, Deputy Towne Cryer

      YOUTH BOFFER

      Please contact Acelina, the marshal in charge, for the current schedule. Any questions for her can go to DJC137@....

      SUNDAY PRACTICES

      AYRETON FIGHTER PRACTICE
      The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles and Shire of Vanished Woods all officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles site every Sunday of the month.  We call this the Ayreton Fighter Practice.

      This practice is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. every Sunday.  By about 2 p.m. there are other people to play with almost always.

      Directions to the Grey Gargoyles Site

          Be Warned that the Dan Ryan (90/94) is subject to construction.  You may wish to take an alternate route.  Alternate directions can be found at :

      Please be aware that if you do take Lake Shore Drive as your alternate route Class "B" License Plates are NOT allowed on Lake Shore Drive.

        Ida Noyes Hall - 59th St. and Woodlawn Ave., Chicago, IL 60637

      - Find the best route to I-90/I-94 in South Chicago
      . Take I-90/I-90 and exit
      at
      Garfield Blvd. (55th St.)

      - Turn east immediately (first light) and proceed past 5 stoplights.

      - Cross Martin Luther King drive and enter park.

      - At the Y in the road go right. This will lead you onto the Midway Plaisance (
      59th St.)

      - Go to Woodlawn Avenue, Turn left and park. Ida Noyes Hall is on the northeast corner of Woodlawn and Midway. See map for details

        Map Link
      http://grey-gargoyles.uchicago.edu/calendar/#IDANOYES

      TUESDAY PRACTICES

      Foxvale Fighther Practice/A&S Night

      On Tuesdays there is a fighter practice/A&S night in Aurora. We are at the Root Street campus, and this is hosted by the incipient shire of Foxvale. If you need directions or more information you also may contact Foxvale's website.

      Thieves of Hearts Practice

      Heavy fighters and Rapier fighters both attend this practice.  All levels of skill are welcomed and wanted.  Rapier and aspiring rapier practitioners will find group as well as one on one instructions in rapier combat for both singles and melee.

      Practices are held Tuesday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the Glenbroom North High School.  Address: 2300 Shermer Road, Northbrook, IL

      Directions to the Thieves of Hearts Practice, including a very useful and helpful overhead map can be found at: http://thieves.ayreton.org/

      Text Directions are:

      - Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.

      - Exit Willow Road to the East.  Follow to Shermer.

      - Turn Left onto Shermer road.  Follow Shermer 4 blocks to the last driveway into the
        school and turn left.

      - Go past the stop sign, turn left into the next parking lot and then turn right behind the
         tennis courts.  The parking lot will be on your left.  Look for the propped open door.

    • KCMalone3@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4 1:32 PM
        Actually, for youth boffer, the practice schedule is not yet finalized.  I will post it within the week, hopefully.

        Anna

        **************************************
      • kevin purtrell
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 5 7:59 AM
          Hi,
             I was contacted by a couple of Scaians who are visiting from Drachenwald.
          Being the perfect host I invited them to Thieves Of Hearts practice on Sept. 11th
          without asking Warder Anton.
          So, if there is practice next Tues, there will be people from Drachenwald there.
          They will need to borrow everything. I have some extra stuff.
          Does anyone know if the directions listed below work from Darien?

          -Kevin Ambrozijwski

          Ayreton Towne Cryer <ayretontownecryer@...> wrote:
[...]

          The Cryer can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@ yahoo.com

          If you wish to be taken off of the announcement please send an e-mail to the AyretonTowneCryer@ yahoo.com and put in the body that you are requesting to be removed from the announcement list.

        • David Roland
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 5 10:14 AM
            Yes, the Direction do work from Darien as long as they know how to
            get to I-294 and understand that it is a toll road.

            Also the link provided in the Announcement gives a very good
            overhead map with highlights that are very understandable.

            The Thieves of Hearts Practice is an SCA practice and as such is
            open to everyone of all skill levels including that of the complete
            newcomer to fencing. There is loaner equipment that is available at
            all practices and like all loaner equipment it is first come, first
            serve.

            Ian the Green

            --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, kevin purtrell <krpurtell@...> wrote:

> [...]
            instructions in rapier combat for both singles and melee.

            > Practices are held Tuesday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the Glenbroom
            North High School. Address: 2300 Shermer Road, Northbrook, IL

            > Directions to the Thieves of Hearts Practice, including a very
            useful and helpful overhead map can be found at:
            http://thieves.ayreton.org/

            > Text Directions are:
            >
            > - Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.
            >
            > - Exit Willow Road to the East. Follow to Shermer.
            >
            > - Turn Left onto Shermer road. Follow Shermer 4 blocks to the
            last driveway into the
            > school and turn left.
            >
            > - Go past the stop sign, turn left into the next parking lot and
            then turn right behind the
            > tennis courts. The parking lot will be on your left. Look
            for the propped open door.

            > This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Towne Cryer. If
            you wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get
            together announced feel free to contact me and request an
            announcement be made. After all the more people playing nice
            together, the more fun it is for everyone! Corrections can also be
            made but only if you help me find them.

            mail to the AyretonTowneCryer@... and put in the body that you are
            requesting to be removed from the announcement list.
            > ---------------------------------
            user panel and lay it on us.

            > ---------------------------------
            > Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your
            pocket: mail, news, photos & more.

          • Ayreton Chronicler
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2010

                  Oyez, oyez!  Here are the martial activities known to be happening in Ayreton and surrounding area this week.

              YOUTH BOFFER PRACTICE

              Youth boffer practices are being organized right now.  Watch this space for dates and times, or contact Anna (KCMalone3@...) for details.

              SUNDAY PRACTICES

              AYRETON FIGHTER PRACTICE

              The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles, Shire of Rokkhealdon, and Shire of Vanished Woods all officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles nearly every Sunday of the month.

              This practice is scheduled to start at 2 p.m. every Sunday.

[...]

              MONDAY PRACTICES

              THIEVES OF HEARTS PRACTICE

              This practice is open to everyone.  Newcomers are welcome, and there is loaner gear available for fencers.  Heavy fighters and Rapier fighters both attend this practice.  All levels of skill are welcomed and wanted.  Rapier and aspiring rapier practitioners will find group as well as one on one instructions in rapier combat for both singles and melee.

              Practices are held Monday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the Glenbrook North High SchoolAddress: 2300 Shermer Road, Northbrook , IL

              Directions to the Thieves of Hearts Practice, including a very useful and helpful overhead map can be found at: http://thieves.ayreton.org/

              Text Directions are:

              - Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.

              - Exit Willow Road to the East.  Follow to Shermer.

              - Turn Left onto Shermer road.  Follow Shermer 4 blocks to the last driveway into the

                school and turn left.

              - Go past the stop sign, turn left into the next parking lot and then turn right behind the

                 tennis courts.  The parking lot will be on your left.  Look for the propped open door.

              WEDNESDAY PRACTICES

              AYRETON ARCHERY PRACTICE

              The Ayreton weekly practice is every Wednesday.  Everyone is welcome -- please come out!

              Date: Every Wednesday unless specified.
              Time:
              7:00 pm - 9:00 pm

              7240 West
              Madison
              Forest Park , Illinois 60130
              Range Phone: 708 366 4864

              $8.00 / hr range fee. $0.50 per target.
              $12 for rental gear.
              http://www.archerycustomshop.com/

              All are welcome!

              This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Chronicler. If you wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get together announced feel free to contact me and request an announcement be made. If you find any errors in this message please send me corrections.

              The Chronicler can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@...

            • dfvalenta
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 9, 2010
                There is NO PRACTICE at Ida Noyes this Sunday.
                The building is being used for the 50th Annual University of Chicago Folk Festival.

                Guy Dawkins