Re: [Ayreton] Re: Ayreton Activity Announcements

  • jeffnaggie@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 4, 2007
      Yes, yes it is.   You may have to ask Jim (our maintainance guy)  to open it up for you tonight as many of the heavys can't be there this evening.   But the space is offically available again.  Stab each other at will.

      Also, I have another individual who is a modern strip fencer, that would love to play SCA.  May I bring him around in a week or two?

      Hillary

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 4, 2007
        Sure, bring whomever. I'm not sure we'll be there tonight, however.

        L.

        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, jeffnaggie@... wrote:

        > Yes, yes it is.?? You may have to ask Jim (our maintainance guy) ?
        to open it up for you tonight as many of the heavys can't be there
        this evening.?? But the space is offically available again.? Stab
        each other at will.

        > Also, I have another individual who is a modern strip fencer, that
        would love to play SCA.? May I bring him around in a week or two?

        > Hillary

        __
        Mail! - http://mail.aol.com

      • David Roland
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 4, 2007
          The Thieves of Hearts practice is open to everyone and newcomers are
          not only welcome but they have loaner gear as well for Fencers.

          Just a reminder, Heavies are welcome as well.

          Ian

          _
          > __
          > > Email and AIM finally together. You've gotta check out free AOL
          > Mail! - http://mail.aol.com

        • mandy lemke
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 4, 2007
            Yep ;).... Summer is now over and all the stuff that was in the room is no longer there so we are back there until next summer at least. Hope to see lots there.

            wrote:

            > Good gentles,
            > On Tuesdays there is also a fighter practice/A&S night in aurora.
            We are at the root street campus, and this is hosted by the incipient
            shire of Foxvale. If you need directions or more information you also
            may contact our website....www. foxvale.org.
            > Francesca
            >
            > Ayreton Towne Cryer <ayretontownecryer@ ...> wrote:
            > Greetings unto the populace of the hearty lands of
            Ayreton, from Mistress Gianetta, your Deputy Towne Cryer!

            > Below are the weekly activitie that we know of to date. If you
            have any changes or additions, please let us know and we will send
            them out next week.

            > Yours in service,
            >
            > --Gianetta
            >

            > MONDAY ACTIVITIES
            >
            > Baron Noyes
            >
            > Monday Nights from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Robbyan and Fern's. Any
            instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed and Robbyan is
            willing to learn. Absolute beginners please call first as some sight
            reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

            > Phone Number: (773) 764-1920
            >
            > Address: 2506 W. Morse Ave., Chicago, IL 60645

            _

            > THURSDAY ACTIVITIES
            >
            > Rokkhealden Scriptorium
            >
            > The Scriptorium is composed of all skill levels. The Scriptorium
            is open to anyone who is interested in any aspect of the scribal
            arts. You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in
            the Scriptorium. You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to
            paint. You don't have to draw. You don't even have to do
            calligraphy. Experiment and do what you like. You don't have to buy
            anything. We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of course,
            if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own supplies.
            From time to time we hold classes to teach various aspects of
            calligraphy and illumination. About the only request (per say) is
            you be active, encouraging, positive to others and yourself.

            > http://www.midrealm .org/rokkehealde n/
            >
            > Thur. Sept. 6
            > Thur. Sept. 20 (moot)
            > Thur. Oct. 4
            > Thur. Oct. 25 (moot)
            > Thur. Nov. 8 (NOTE: NOT the normal 1st Thursday of the month)
            > Thur. Nov. 29 (moot) NOTE: NOT the normal 4th Thursday of the
            month)

            > The Pippins -- Tree Girt Sea
            >
            > The Pippins are an a capella singing group performing medieval
            and renaissance choral music both in the SCA and for modern
            Chicagoland audiences. We meet on the north side of Chicago
            (Andersonville) every Thursday, from 7:45 - 10 pm. Please call for
            more information: 312-259-6688.

            > This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Towne Cryer. If you
            wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get
            together announced feel free to contact me and request an
            announcement be made. After all the more people playing nice
            together, the more fun it is for everyone! Corrections can also be
            made but only if you help me find them.

            > The Cryer can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@ ...
            >
            > If you wish to be taken off of the announcement please send an e-
            mail to the AyretonTowneCryer@ ... and put in the body that you are
            requesting to be removed from the announcement list.
            > ------------ --------- --------- ---
            > Got a little couch potato?

          • Ayreton Towne Cryer
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 9, 2007
              Greetings unto the populace of Ayreton, from Mistress Gianetta, your Deputy Towne Cryer!

              Below are the weekly activities.  If you have any changes or additions, please let us know and we will send them out next week.

              Yours in service,

              --Gianetta

              MONDAY ACTIVITIES

              Baron Noyes

              Monday Nights from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Robbyan and Fern's.  Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed and Robbyan is willing to teach.  Absolute beginners please call first as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 16, 2007
                Greetings unto the populace of Ayreton, from Mistress Gianetta, your Deputy Towne Cryer!

                Below are the weekly activities.  If you have any changes or additions, please let us know and we will send them out next week.

                Yours in service,

                --Gianetta

                MONDAY ACTIVITIES

                Barons Noyes

[...]

                Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
              • Ayreton Towne Cryer
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 26, 2007
                  Greetings unto the populace of Ayreton, from Mistress Gianetta, your Deputy Towne Cryer!

                  Below are the weekly activities.  If you have any changes or additions, please let us know and we will send them out next week.

                  Yours in service,

                  --Gianetta

                  MONDAY ACTIVITIES

                  Barons Noyes

                  Monday Nights from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Robbyan and Fern's.  Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed and Robbyan is willing to teach.  Absolute beginners please call first as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

                  Phone Number: (773) 764-1920

                  Address: 2506 W. Morse Ave., Chicago, IL 60645

                  WEDNESDAY ACTIVITIES

                  TREE GIRT SEA SCRIBAL NIGHT

                  As many might know, Magdalena von der Plesse and Peter the Goldsmith are relocating to the Kingdom of Atlantia. We wish them well in their new endeavors.

                  Therefore, I would like to announce the Province of Tree Girt Sea Scribal nights have been changed, beginning October 3rd, 2007.

                  Who: THL Jocelyn of Lutterworth
                  (mka Vickie Rayhill)

                  When: 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesdays of the month.

                  Where: 978 Walter Avenue, Des Plaines, IL 60016

                  Time: 7:30 pm to 10 pm

                  More info: 847-824-3814

                  The new schedule will begin Wednesday, October 3.

                  Scribe Night is open to anyone in the Ayreton region who is interested in calligraphy and
                  illumination.

                  THURSDAY ACTIVITIES

                  Rokkhealden Scriptorium

                  Thur. Sept. 20 (moot)
                  Thur. Oct. 4
                  Thur. Oct. 25 (moot)
                  Thur. Nov. 8 (NOTE: NOT the normal 1st Thursday of the month)
                  Thur. Nov. 29 (moot) NOTE: NOT the normal 4th Thursday of the month)

                  The Pippins -- Tree Girt Sea

                  The Pippins are an a capella singing group performing medieval and renaissance choral music both in the SCA and for modern Chicagoland audiences.  We meet on the north side of Chicago (Andersonville) every Thursday, from 7:45 - 10 pm.  Please call for more information: 312-259-6688.

                • Ayreton Chronicler
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 1, 2008

                    Greetings unto the populace of Ayreton and surrounding areas, from the Ayreton Chronicler!  Please check these listings for accuracy and send me any changes.  Thank you!

                    MONDAY ACTIVITIES

                    BARONS NOYSE

                    Monday Nights from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Robbyan and Fern's.  Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed and Robbyan is willing to teach.  Absolute beginners please call first as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

                    Phone Number: (773) 764-1920

                    Address: 2506 W. Morse Ave. , Chicago , IL 60645

                    SILVER THIMBLE GUILD FOR CONSPICUOUS CONSUMPTION

                    Join the Guild on Monday nights for sewing and garb research.  The Silver Thimble Guild meets on Monday nights at Mistress Juliana's house, just Northwest of downtown--call before coming- 773-750-2180.

                    TUESDAY ACTIVITIES

                    NORTHBROOK DANCE PRACTICE

                    We have started a bi-monthly dance practice every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at Glenbrook-North High School in Northbrook .   I hope that this endeavor will flourish and more people will join us.  Contact Kristiana for more details, or the Thieves of Hearts.

                    WEEKLY PROJECT NIGHT

                    Everyone is welcome to bring current sewing projects or just an idea with them on Tuesday nights at Sarafina’s place in Des Plaines . Project night will be from 7:30pm - 10:00 pm every Tuesday night.

                    Address: 1496 E. Algonquin Rd in Des Plaines . The apartment is on the NW corner of Algonquin and Cora. Phone number is 312-493-2255. Call if you have any questions.

                    Sewers of all abilities encouraged to attend.

                    --------------------------

                    WEDNESDAY ACTIVITIES

                    TREE GIRT SEA SCRIBAL NIGHT

                    Scribe Night is open to anyone in the Ayreton region who is interested in calligraphy and
                    illumination.

                    Who: THL Jocelyn of Lutterworth (mka Vickie Rayhill)
                    When: M
                    eetings held the 1st, 3rd and 5th Wednesdays of the month at 7:30.

                    Time: 7:30 pm to 10 pm
                    More info: 847-824-3814

                    AYRETON DANCE PRACTICE

                    Practice is open to any and all who wish to dance.

                    Who: Quintius de Folo (mka Chris Quinn), Alex Carter
                    When: Every Wednesday
                    Where: University of Chicago , Ida Noyes Hall 1212 East 59th street Chicago IL 60637
                    The theatre on the 3rd floor
                    Time: 7:00PM to 9PM
                    More Info (773)576-4600 or (614)354-5062

                    THURSDAY ACTIVITIES

                    ROKKHEALDEN SCRIPTORIUM

                    The Scriptorium is composed of all skill levels.  The Scriptorium is open to anyone who is interested in any aspect of the scribal arts. You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in the Scriptorium.  You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to paint.  You don't have to draw.  You don't even have to do calligraphy.  Experiment and do what you like.  You don't have to buy anything.  We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of course, if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own supplies.  From time to time we hold classes to teach various aspects of calligraphy and illumination.  About the only request (per se) is you be active, encouraging, positive to others and yourself.

                    For more information, go to: http://www.midrealm.org/rokkehealden/

                    THE PIPPINS

                    The Pippins are an a capella singing group performing medieval and renaissance choral music both in the SCA and for modern Chicagoland audiences.  We meet on the north side of Chicago ( Andersonville ) every Thursday, from 7:45 - 10 pm.  Please call for more information: 312-259-6688.

                    VANISHED WOOD SEWING GUILD

                    The Vanished Wood sewing guild is open to all comers. For further information contact Acelina

                    FRIDAY ACTIVITIES

                    NEEDLEWORK/FIBER ARTS NIGHT

                    Every third Friday of the month, 6 pm - 10 pm

                    Bring a project to work on or the willingness to learn something new.

                    For more information, email: gschneid@....

                    SUNDAY ACTIVITIES

                    HERALDS AT HOME

                    Phebe and Kevin will be hosting heraldry at their home on the last Sunday of each month:

                    3935 N. Kostner Chi, IL 60641.

                    Phone 773-286-5952.

                    All area heralds, and any clients who wish to attend are welcome. Heraldic services for name and device researches will be available at this "one stop". Exact time in each afternoon to follow soon.

                    SCIENCE! NIGHT

                    Alternating Sunday Nights from 5:00 to 10:00 p.m. at Angus and Rosaline's

                    Phone Number: (630) 963-9128

                    Address: 5224 Pennywood Drive , Lisle , IL   60532-2030

                    Bring a Science project to show off, work on, get help with, your science projects. We have facilities for working in wood, leather, paper, food, cloth and light metal. Bring your own safety equipment!

                    GREY GARGOYLES/AYRETON A&S AFTERNOONS

                    For the past several months, we've had a growing number of people showing up at Ayreton combined fighter practice on Sundays at Ida Noyes to do casual A&S, gab, et cetera. We hope to begin introducing some beginners tutorials in various arts and sciences during these meets soon, and I think many of these will be of great interest to the Ayreton populace as a whole.   Timing coincides with the Ayreton fighter practices.

                    ______

                    This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Chronicler. If you wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get together announced feel free to contact me and request an announcement be made. If you find any errors in this message please send me corrections.

                    The Chronicler can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@...

                    This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Cryer. If you wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get together announced feel free to contact me and request an announcement be made. If you find any errors in this message please send me corrections.