Re: [Ayreton] Ayreton Activity Announcements

  • mandy lemke
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 3, 2007
      Good gentles,
      On Tuesdays there is also a fighter practice/A&S night in aurora. We are at the root street campus, and this is hosted by the incipient shire of Foxvale. If you need directions or more information you also may contact our website....www.foxvale.org.
      Francesca

      Ayreton Towne Cryer <ayretontownecryer@...> wrote:
      Greetings unto the populace of the hearty lands of Ayreton, from Mistress Gianetta, your Deputy Towne Cryer!

      Below are the weekly activitie that we know of to date.  If you have any changes or additions, please let us know and we will send them out next week.

      Yours in service,

      --Gianetta

      MONDAY ACTIVITIES

      Baron Noyes

      Monday Nights from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Robbyan and Fern's.  Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed and Robbyan is willing to learn.  Absolute beginners please call first as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

      Phone Number: (773) 764-1920

      Address: 2506 W. Morse Ave., Chicago, IL 60645
      ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _____

      THURSDAY ACTIVITIES

      Rokkhealden Scriptorium

      Thur. Sept. 6
      Thur. Sept. 20 (moot)
      Thur. Oct. 4
      Thur. Oct. 25 (moot)
      Thur. Nov. 8 (NOTE: NOT the normal 1st Thursday of the month)
      Thur. Nov. 29 (moot) NOTE: NOT the normal 4th Thursday of the month)

      The Pippins -- Tree Girt Sea

      The Pippins are an a capella singing group performing medieval and renaissance choral music both in the SCA and for modern Chicagoland audiences.  We meet on the north side of Chicago (Andersonville) every Thursday, from 7:45 - 10 pm.  Please call for more information: 312-259-6688.

      The Cryer can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@ yahoo.com

      If you wish to be taken off of the announcement please send an e-mail to the AyretonTowneCryer@ yahoo.com and put in the body that you are requesting to be removed from the announcement list.

      Got a little couch potato?

    • twlyon24
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 4, 2007
        Does this announcement mean that the regular practice site on Root
        and University in Aurora is available again?

        Logos
        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, mandy lemke <seaprincess527@...>

        _

        > THURSDAY ACTIVITIES
        >
        > Rokkhealden Scriptorium
        >
        > The Scriptorium is composed of all skill levels. The Scriptorium
        is open to anyone who is interested in any aspect of the scribal
        arts. You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in
        the Scriptorium. You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to
        paint. You don't have to draw. You don't even have to do
        calligraphy. Experiment and do what you like. You don't have to buy
        anything. We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of course,
        if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own supplies.
        From time to time we hold classes to teach various aspects of
        calligraphy and illumination. About the only request (per say) is
        you be active, encouraging, positive to others and yourself.

        > http://www.midrealm.org/rokkehealden/
        >
        > Thur. Sept. 6
        > Thur. Sept. 20 (moot)
        > Thur. Oct. 4
        > Thur. Oct. 25 (moot)
        > Thur. Nov. 8 (NOTE: NOT the normal 1st Thursday of the month)
        > Thur. Nov. 29 (moot) NOTE: NOT the normal 4th Thursday of the
        month)

        > The Pippins -- Tree Girt Sea
        >
        > The Pippins are an a capella singing group performing medieval
        and renaissance choral music both in the SCA and for modern
        Chicagoland audiences. We meet on the north side of Chicago
        (Andersonville) every Thursday, from 7:45 - 10 pm. Please call for
        more information: 312-259-6688.

        > This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Towne Cryer. If you
        wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get
        together announced feel free to contact me and request an
        announcement be made. After all the more people playing nice
        together, the more fun it is for everyone! Corrections can also be
        made but only if you help me find them.

        mail to the AyretonTowneCryer@... and put in the body that you are

      • jeffnaggie@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 4, 2007
          Yes, yes it is.   You may have to ask Jim (our maintainance guy)  to open it up for you tonight as many of the heavys can't be there this evening.   But the space is offically available again.  Stab each other at will.

          Also, I have another individual who is a modern strip fencer, that would love to play SCA.  May I bring him around in a week or two?

          Hillary

          ______________________________________________________________________ _
          > > THURSDAY ACTIVITIES > > Rokkhealden Scriptorium > > The Scriptorium is composed of all skill levels. The Scriptorium
          is open to anyone who is interested in any aspect of the scribal arts. You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in the Scriptorium. You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to paint. You don't have to draw. You don't even have to do calligraphy. Experiment and do what you like. You don't have to buy anything. We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of course, if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own supplies. From time to time we hold classes to teach various aspects of calligraphy and illumination. About the only request (per say) is you be active, encouraging, positive to others and yourself.
          mail to the AyretonTowneCryer@... and put in the body that you are requesting to be removed from the announcement list.
          > --------------------------------- > Got a little couch potato? > Check out fun summer activities for kids. >
          ~~~~~ To view and add events to the calendar: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ayreton/cal/ To discontinue receiving discussion, but still receive announcements, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ayreton/join and change your subscription to "Special Notices". Activities coordinators, to get access to post Special Notices, send a request to <Ayreton-owner@yahoogroups.com>. Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ayreton/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ayreton/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:Ayreton-digest@yahoogroups.com mailto:Ayreton-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: Ayreton-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • twlyon24
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 4, 2007
            Sure, bring whomever. I'm not sure we'll be there tonight, however.

            L.

            --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, jeffnaggie@... wrote:

            > Yes, yes it is.?? You may have to ask Jim (our maintainance guy) ?
            to open it up for you tonight as many of the heavys can't be there
            this evening.?? But the space is offically available again.? Stab
            each other at will.

            > Also, I have another individual who is a modern strip fencer, that
            would love to play SCA.? May I bring him around in a week or two?

            > Hillary

            __
            Mail! - http://mail.aol.com

          • David Roland
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 4, 2007
              The Thieves of Hearts practice is open to everyone and newcomers are
              not only welcome but they have loaner gear as well for Fencers.

              Just a reminder, Heavies are welcome as well.

              Ian

              _
              > __
              > > Email and AIM finally together. You've gotta check out free AOL
              > Mail! - http://mail.aol.com

            • mandy lemke
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 4, 2007
                Yep ;).... Summer is now over and all the stuff that was in the room is no longer there so we are back there until next summer at least. Hope to see lots there.

                wrote:

                > Good gentles,
                > On Tuesdays there is also a fighter practice/A&S night in aurora.
                We are at the root street campus, and this is hosted by the incipient
                shire of Foxvale. If you need directions or more information you also
                may contact our website....www. foxvale.org.
                > Francesca
                >
                > Ayreton Towne Cryer <ayretontownecryer@ ...> wrote:
                > Greetings unto the populace of the hearty lands of
                Ayreton, from Mistress Gianetta, your Deputy Towne Cryer!

                > Below are the weekly activitie that we know of to date. If you
                have any changes or additions, please let us know and we will send
                them out next week.

                > Yours in service,
                >
                > --Gianetta
                >

                > MONDAY ACTIVITIES
                >
                > Baron Noyes
                >
                > Monday Nights from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Robbyan and Fern's. Any
                instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed and Robbyan is
                willing to learn. Absolute beginners please call first as some sight
                reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

                > Phone Number: (773) 764-1920
                >
                > Address: 2506 W. Morse Ave., Chicago, IL 60645

                _

                > THURSDAY ACTIVITIES
                >
                > Rokkhealden Scriptorium
                >
                > The Scriptorium is composed of all skill levels. The Scriptorium
                is open to anyone who is interested in any aspect of the scribal
                arts. You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in
                the Scriptorium. You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to
                paint. You don't have to draw. You don't even have to do
                calligraphy. Experiment and do what you like. You don't have to buy
                anything. We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of course,
                if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own supplies.
                From time to time we hold classes to teach various aspects of
                calligraphy and illumination. About the only request (per say) is
                you be active, encouraging, positive to others and yourself.

                > http://www.midrealm .org/rokkehealde n/
                >
                > Thur. Sept. 6
                > Thur. Sept. 20 (moot)
                > Thur. Oct. 4
                > Thur. Oct. 25 (moot)
                > Thur. Nov. 8 (NOTE: NOT the normal 1st Thursday of the month)
                > Thur. Nov. 29 (moot) NOTE: NOT the normal 4th Thursday of the
                month)

                > The Pippins -- Tree Girt Sea
                >
                > The Pippins are an a capella singing group performing medieval
                and renaissance choral music both in the SCA and for modern
                Chicagoland audiences. We meet on the north side of Chicago
                (Andersonville) every Thursday, from 7:45 - 10 pm. Please call for
                more information: 312-259-6688.

                > This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Towne Cryer. If you
                wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get
                together announced feel free to contact me and request an
                announcement be made. After all the more people playing nice
                together, the more fun it is for everyone! Corrections can also be
                made but only if you help me find them.

                > The Cryer can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@ ...
                >
                > If you wish to be taken off of the announcement please send an e-
                mail to the AyretonTowneCryer@ ... and put in the body that you are
                requesting to be removed from the announcement list.
                > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                > Got a little couch potato?

              • Ayreton Towne Cryer
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 9, 2007
                  Greetings unto the populace of Ayreton, from Mistress Gianetta, your Deputy Towne Cryer!

                  Below are the weekly activities.  If you have any changes or additions, please let us know and we will send them out next week.

                  Yours in service,

                  --Gianetta

                  MONDAY ACTIVITIES

                  Baron Noyes

                  Monday Nights from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Robbyan and Fern's.  Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed and Robbyan is willing to teach.  Absolute beginners please call first as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 16, 2007
                    Greetings unto the populace of Ayreton, from Mistress Gianetta, your Deputy Towne Cryer!

                    Below are the weekly activities.  If you have any changes or additions, please let us know and we will send them out next week.

                    Yours in service,

                    --Gianetta

                    MONDAY ACTIVITIES

                    Barons Noyes

[...]

                    Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
                  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 26, 2007
                      Greetings unto the populace of Ayreton, from Mistress Gianetta, your Deputy Towne Cryer!

                      Below are the weekly activities.  If you have any changes or additions, please let us know and we will send them out next week.

                      Yours in service,

                      --Gianetta

                      MONDAY ACTIVITIES

                      Barons Noyes

                      Monday Nights from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Robbyan and Fern's.  Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed and Robbyan is willing to teach.  Absolute beginners please call first as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

                      Phone Number: (773) 764-1920

                      Address: 2506 W. Morse Ave., Chicago, IL 60645

                      WEDNESDAY ACTIVITIES

                      TREE GIRT SEA SCRIBAL NIGHT

                      As many might know, Magdalena von der Plesse and Peter the Goldsmith are relocating to the Kingdom of Atlantia. We wish them well in their new endeavors.

                      Therefore, I would like to announce the Province of Tree Girt Sea Scribal nights have been changed, beginning October 3rd, 2007.

                      Who: THL Jocelyn of Lutterworth
                      (mka Vickie Rayhill)

                      When: 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesdays of the month.

                      Where: 978 Walter Avenue, Des Plaines, IL 60016

                      Time: 7:30 pm to 10 pm

                      More info: 847-824-3814

                      The new schedule will begin Wednesday, October 3.

                      Scribe Night is open to anyone in the Ayreton region who is interested in calligraphy and
                      illumination.

                      THURSDAY ACTIVITIES

                      Rokkhealden Scriptorium

                      Thur. Sept. 20 (moot)
                      Thur. Oct. 4
                      Thur. Oct. 25 (moot)
                      Thur. Nov. 8 (NOTE: NOT the normal 1st Thursday of the month)
                      Thur. Nov. 29 (moot) NOTE: NOT the normal 4th Thursday of the month)

                      The Pippins -- Tree Girt Sea

                      The Pippins are an a capella singing group performing medieval and renaissance choral music both in the SCA and for modern Chicagoland audiences.  We meet on the north side of Chicago (Andersonville) every Thursday, from 7:45 - 10 pm.  Please call for more information: 312-259-6688.

                    • Ayreton Chronicler
                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 1, 2008

                        Greetings unto the populace of Ayreton and surrounding areas, from the Ayreton Chronicler!  Please check these listings for accuracy and send me any changes.  Thank you!

                        MONDAY ACTIVITIES

                        BARONS NOYSE

                        Monday Nights from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Robbyan and Fern's.  Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed and Robbyan is willing to teach.  Absolute beginners please call first as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

                        Phone Number: (773) 764-1920

                        Address: 2506 W. Morse Ave. , Chicago , IL 60645

                        SILVER THIMBLE GUILD FOR CONSPICUOUS CONSUMPTION

                        Join the Guild on Monday nights for sewing and garb research.  The Silver Thimble Guild meets on Monday nights at Mistress Juliana's house, just Northwest of downtown--call before coming- 773-750-2180.

                        TUESDAY ACTIVITIES

                        NORTHBROOK DANCE PRACTICE

                        We have started a bi-monthly dance practice every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at Glenbrook-North High School in Northbrook .   I hope that this endeavor will flourish and more people will join us.  Contact Kristiana for more details, or the Thieves of Hearts.

                        WEEKLY PROJECT NIGHT

                        Everyone is welcome to bring current sewing projects or just an idea with them on Tuesday nights at Sarafina’s place in Des Plaines . Project night will be from 7:30pm - 10:00 pm every Tuesday night.

                        Address: 1496 E. Algonquin Rd in Des Plaines . The apartment is on the NW corner of Algonquin and Cora. Phone number is 312-493-2255. Call if you have any questions.

                        Sewers of all abilities encouraged to attend.

                        --------------------------

                        WEDNESDAY ACTIVITIES

                        TREE GIRT SEA SCRIBAL NIGHT

                        Scribe Night is open to anyone in the Ayreton region who is interested in calligraphy and
                        illumination.

                        Who: THL Jocelyn of Lutterworth (mka Vickie Rayhill)
                        When: M
                        eetings held the 1st, 3rd and 5th Wednesdays of the month at 7:30.

                        Time: 7:30 pm to 10 pm
                        More info: 847-824-3814

                        AYRETON DANCE PRACTICE

                        Practice is open to any and all who wish to dance.

                        Who: Quintius de Folo (mka Chris Quinn), Alex Carter
                        When: Every Wednesday
                        Where: University of Chicago , Ida Noyes Hall 1212 East 59th street Chicago IL 60637
                        The theatre on the 3rd floor
                        Time: 7:00PM to 9PM
                        More Info (773)576-4600 or (614)354-5062

                        THURSDAY ACTIVITIES

                        ROKKHEALDEN SCRIPTORIUM

                        The Scriptorium is composed of all skill levels.  The Scriptorium is open to anyone who is interested in any aspect of the scribal arts. You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in the Scriptorium.  You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to paint.  You don't have to draw.  You don't even have to do calligraphy.  Experiment and do what you like.  You don't have to buy anything.  We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of course, if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own supplies.  From time to time we hold classes to teach various aspects of calligraphy and illumination.  About the only request (per se) is you be active, encouraging, positive to others and yourself.

                        For more information, go to: http://www.midrealm.org/rokkehealden/

                        THE PIPPINS

                        The Pippins are an a capella singing group performing medieval and renaissance choral music both in the SCA and for modern Chicagoland audiences.  We meet on the north side of Chicago ( Andersonville ) every Thursday, from 7:45 - 10 pm.  Please call for more information: 312-259-6688.

                        VANISHED WOOD SEWING GUILD

                        The Vanished Wood sewing guild is open to all comers. For further information contact Acelina

                        FRIDAY ACTIVITIES

                        NEEDLEWORK/FIBER ARTS NIGHT

                        Every third Friday of the month, 6 pm - 10 pm

                        Bring a project to work on or the willingness to learn something new.

                        For more information, email: gschneid@....

                        SUNDAY ACTIVITIES

                        HERALDS AT HOME

                        Phebe and Kevin will be hosting heraldry at their home on the last Sunday of each month:

                        3935 N. Kostner Chi, IL 60641.

                        Phone 773-286-5952.

                        All area heralds, and any clients who wish to attend are welcome. Heraldic services for name and device researches will be available at this "one stop". Exact time in each afternoon to follow soon.

                        SCIENCE! NIGHT

                        Alternating Sunday Nights from 5:00 to 10:00 p.m. at Angus and Rosaline's

                        Phone Number: (630) 963-9128

                        Address: 5224 Pennywood Drive , Lisle , IL   60532-2030

                        Bring a Science project to show off, work on, get help with, your science projects. We have facilities for working in wood, leather, paper, food, cloth and light metal. Bring your own safety equipment!

                        GREY GARGOYLES/AYRETON A&S AFTERNOONS

                        For the past several months, we've had a growing number of people showing up at Ayreton combined fighter practice on Sundays at Ida Noyes to do casual A&S, gab, et cetera. We hope to begin introducing some beginners tutorials in various arts and sciences during these meets soon, and I think many of these will be of great interest to the Ayreton populace as a whole.   Timing coincides with the Ayreton fighter practices.

                        ______

                        This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Chronicler. If you wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get together announced feel free to contact me and request an announcement be made. If you find any errors in this message please send me corrections.

                        The Chronicler can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@...

                        This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Cryer. If you wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get together announced feel free to contact me and request an announcement be made. If you find any errors in this message please send me corrections.