Ayreton Area Activities

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 24, 2006
      SUNDAYS

      ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

        The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now due to much interest.   PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  There will be plenty of tables and chairs available and plug ins for your sewing machines!  People have even been making Gambeson's and are thinking of making fencing armor.  Come and Garb with us!

        This is designed to be a low key way for people to work on their sewing projects and to learn from each other.  It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.  However, anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to make garb is more than welcome!

        Of course other Arts and Sciences projects are welcome to come and share the copious amount of space on Sundays as well.

      MONDAYS

      ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption

      The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten, twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and related research to call me and join us on MONDAY evenings.

      Location: The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.
      Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.

      ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music

      Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

      TUESDAYS

      ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd 4th and 5th Tuesdays from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.

      This month that is July 25.

      WEDNESDAYS

      Wednesdays

      ** Heraldry Night – on Hiatus until September

      ** Vanished Woods Project Night

      We are hosting a Project Night every Wednesday Night.  Bring your sewing, bring your chainmail rings, bring your illumination project or any other project!  We have space, we have sturdy tables, we have fun!  We have a sewing machine to loan.  We also tend to have rather interesting discussions.  This is a laid back evening intended to encourage ALL A&S projects (that can be worked on in our home - sorry, we can't encourage welding).  We are not experts, but we are great cheerleaders!  This is a great opportunity to set aside time to work on those things that you want to get done but are having trouble with in terms of motivation and/or setting aside time.  If you are looking for a project to start, we even might have the resources to get you started.

      Directions are posted on the Yahoo Ayreton calendar.  Children are welcome - we have two little ones who love to play.  Our cat and two small dogs will be sequestered.

      Thanks!  Onnen and Meurig

      THURSDAYS

      ** The Pippins

      A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
      Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

      Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

      Thurs. July 27th (also moot)
      Thurs. August 3rd
      Thurs. August 24th (also moot)
      For more information, contact Lady Fiona svalentine_98@...
      CRYER'S NOTE

      I apologize if I have missed anyones announcements.  As always feel free to contact me and I will do my best to make all corrections.  Ayretontownecryer@...  As always I will be happy to make any announcements that I am asked to make that are open inviations and are SCA activity related.

      Open multiple messages at once with the all new Yahoo! Mail Beta.
    • Ayreton Towne Cryer
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 24, 2006
[...]

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Ayreton Towne Cryer
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 30, 2006
          SUNDAYS

          ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

          2 p.m. until the end of practice.

            The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now.  PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  The month of September the building is closed to us so it is recommended to bring projects you can work on by hand until the building is open again.

[...]

              No practice this week.  There will be practice on August 22 and August 29th.

          WEDNESDAYS

          There are currently no announced activities on Wednesday nights. Heraldry and the Vanished Woods Project night are on hiatus until after the Labor Day Weekend.

          THURSDAYS

          ** The Pippins

          A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
          Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

          ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

          Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

          Thursday, Sept. 7
          Thursday, Sept 28 (moot)
          Thursday, Oct. 5
          WEDNESDAY, Oct. 25 (moot)
          WEDNESDAY, Nov. 22
          Thursday, Nov. 30 (moot)

          Message 4 of 24 , Sep 5 10:29 AM
            Announcements and activities!  There are a good number of people that have activities that I am announcing.   Please e-mail me to let me know if the announcements are up to date and current.

            Thank you!

[...]

              2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm. This month practice will be held on September 12th and September 26th.

            WEDNESDAYS

            Project Night:  Vanished Woods Project Night will be offered this Wednesday, the 6th, at 6:30ish...  After this week, we will move Project Night to every second and fourth Thursday of the month. Bring your project, tables will be provided as needed.  BYOB
            and a dish to share.

            While this is hosted by members of the Shire of Vanished Wood, we welcome everyone in the area - let's see what people are working on! We reside on the border of Vanished Wood and Ravenslake

            From the south, take your best route to the intersection of I290/I90/Rt 53.  Go north on Rt 53 until the expressway ends, then go East on Lake Cook Road.  Turn into the first apartment complex (Country Glen) and go straight into the complex.  Follow the signs to Bldg 2310 (turn before the 3rd speed bump).  Heraldry will be hanging on our balcony to help you identify us.  From the north, please email me at:

            onnen.bach@... or call me at (847) 483-5279 for directions.  Mapquest will put you in a different suburb....

            THURSDAYS

            ** The Pippins

            A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
            Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

            ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

            Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

            Thursday, Sept. 7
            Thursday, Sept 28 (moot)
            Thursday, Oct. 5
            WEDNESDAY, Oct. 25 (moot)
            WEDNESDAY, Nov. 22
            Thursday, Nov. 30 (moot)

            For more information, contact Lady Fiona svalentine_98@...

            SATURDAY

            Games Night:

            Starting Saturday, Sept 9 and continuing on the second Saturday of the month (will be rescheduled if there is an event that weekend within 100 miles), we would like to invite one and all for a Games Night.  Each month we will learn one or two medieval board
            games, appropriate for children and adults.  Cloth "boards" will be made up and available to take home.  Again, BYOB and a dish to share -

            Games night starts around 6:30ish.  For directions, see above.  We will post the week before which game(s) will be presented.  This week, we will focus on Fanorona and Alquerques (same board).

          • ayretontownecryer
            Message 5 of 24 , Sep 11 6:26 PM
              Announcements and activities! There are a good number ofpeople that
              have activities that I am announcing. Pleasee-mail me to letme
              know if the announcements are up to dateand current.Thank you!

              SUNDAYS

              ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle2 p.m. until the end of practice. The
              Garb Circle is a continuing venture now. PLEASE bringany garb
              project you would like to work on.

              The month ofSeptember the building is closed to us so it is
              recommendedto bring projects you can work on by hand until the
              buildingis open again. This is designed to be a low key way for
[...]

              ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights
              from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-
              0125 to confirm.

              This month practice will be held on September 12th and September
              26th.

              WEDNESDAYS

              Currently there are no activities being announced for Wednesday.

              THURSDAYS

              ** Vanished Woods Project NightProject Night to every second and
              fourth Thursday of the month. Bring your project,tables will be
              provided as needed. BYOB and a dish to share.

              While this is hosted by members of the Shire of Vanished Wood, we
              welcome everyonein the area - let's see what people are working on!

              We reside on the border of VanishedWood and Ravenslake From the
              south, take your best route to the intersection of I290/I90/Rt 53.
              Go north onRt 53 until the expressway ends, then go East on Lake
              Cook Road. Turn into the firstapartment complex (Country Glen) and
              go straight into the complex. Follow the signsto Bldg 2310 (turn
              before the 3rd speed bump). Heraldry will be hanging on our
              balconyto help you identify us.

              From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@... or call me
              at (847) 483-5279 for directions. Mapquest will put you in a
              different suburb....

              ** The Pippins

              A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group Meets every
              Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza,located in
              Andersonville (north side of the city).Call 312-259-6688 for more
              information.

              ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium The Scriptorium is composed of all skill
              levels. The Scriptorium is open to anyone who is interested in any
              aspect of the scribal arts.

              You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in the
              Scriptorium. You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to
              paint. You don't have to draw.You don't even have to do
              calligraphy. Experiment and do what you like. You don't have to
              buy anything. We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of
              course, if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own
              supplies. From time to time we hold classes to teach various
              aspects of calligraphy and illumination. About the only request
              (per say) is you beactive, encouraging, positive to others and
              yourself.

[...]

              From the south, take your best route to the intersection of

              From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@... or call me
              at (847) 483-5279 for directions. Mapquest will put you in a
              different suburb....
            • Dayle Harding
              Message 6 of 24 , Sep 12 2:35 PM
                Ian--
                The youth practice didn't get mentioned.  Did I miss it?

                ____________ _________ _________ _________ ____

                ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______

                From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@yahoo. com or call me

                svalentine_98@ yahoo.com
                ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______

                SATURDAY

                **Games Night:

                Starting Saturday, Sept 9 and continuing on the second Saturday of
                the month (will be rescheduled if there is an event that weekend
                within 100 miles), we would like to invite one and all for a Games
                Night. Each month we will learn one or two medieval board games,
                appropriate for children and adults. Cloth "boards" will be made up
                and available to take home. Again, BYOB and a dish to share -Games
                night starts around 6:30ish.

                We will post the week before which game(s) will be presented. This
                week, we will focus on Fanorona and Alquerques (same board).

                From the south, take your best route to the intersection of

                From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@yahoo. com or call me