Ayreton Activity Announcements

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 3, 2007
      Greetings unto the populace of the hearty lands of Ayreton, from Mistress Gianetta, your Deputy Towne Cryer!

      Below are the weekly activitie that we know of to date.  If you have any changes or additions, please let us know and we will send them out next week.

      Yours in service,

      --Gianetta

      MONDAY ACTIVITIES

      Baron Noyes

      Monday Nights from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Robbyan and Fern's.  Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed and Robbyan is willing to learn.  Absolute beginners please call first as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

      Phone Number: (773) 764-1920

      Address: 2506 W. Morse Ave., Chicago, IL 60645

      THURSDAY ACTIVITIES

      Rokkhealden Scriptorium

      Thur. Sept. 6
      Thur. Sept. 20 (moot)
      Thur. Oct. 4
      Thur. Oct. 25 (moot)
      Thur. Nov. 8 (NOTE: NOT the normal 1st Thursday of the month)
      Thur. Nov. 29 (moot) NOTE: NOT the normal 4th Thursday of the month)

      The Pippins -- Tree Girt Sea

      The Pippins are an a capella singing group performing medieval and renaissance choral music both in the SCA and for modern Chicagoland audiences.  We meet on the north side of Chicago (Andersonville) every Thursday, from 7:45 - 10 pm.  Please call for more information: 312-259-6688.

      Got a little couch potato?
    • mandy lemke
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 3, 2007
        Good gentles,
        On Tuesdays there is also a fighter practice/A&S night in aurora. We are at the root street campus, and this is hosted by the incipient shire of Foxvale. If you need directions or more information you also may contact our website....www.foxvale.org.
        Francesca

        ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _____

        THURSDAY ACTIVITIES

        Rokkhealden Scriptorium

        Thur. Sept. 6
        Thur. Sept. 20 (moot)
        Thur. Oct. 4
        Thur. Oct. 25 (moot)
        Thur. Nov. 8 (NOTE: NOT the normal 1st Thursday of the month)
        Thur. Nov. 29 (moot) NOTE: NOT the normal 4th Thursday of the month)

        The Pippins -- Tree Girt Sea

        The Pippins are an a capella singing group performing medieval and renaissance choral music both in the SCA and for modern Chicagoland audiences.  We meet on the north side of Chicago (Andersonville) every Thursday, from 7:45 - 10 pm.  Please call for more information: 312-259-6688.

        The Cryer can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@ yahoo.com

        If you wish to be taken off of the announcement please send an e-mail to the AyretonTowneCryer@ yahoo.com and put in the body that you are requesting to be removed from the announcement list.

        Got a little couch potato?

      • twlyon24
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 4, 2007
          Does this announcement mean that the regular practice site on Root
          and University in Aurora is available again?

          Logos
          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, mandy lemke <seaprincess527@...>

          _

          > THURSDAY ACTIVITIES
          >
          > Rokkhealden Scriptorium
          >
          > The Scriptorium is composed of all skill levels. The Scriptorium
          is open to anyone who is interested in any aspect of the scribal
          arts. You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in
          the Scriptorium. You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to
          paint. You don't have to draw. You don't even have to do
          calligraphy. Experiment and do what you like. You don't have to buy
          anything. We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of course,
          if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own supplies.
          From time to time we hold classes to teach various aspects of
          calligraphy and illumination. About the only request (per say) is
          you be active, encouraging, positive to others and yourself.

          > http://www.midrealm.org/rokkehealden/
          >
          > Thur. Sept. 6
          > Thur. Sept. 20 (moot)
          > Thur. Oct. 4
          > Thur. Oct. 25 (moot)
          > Thur. Nov. 8 (NOTE: NOT the normal 1st Thursday of the month)
          > Thur. Nov. 29 (moot) NOTE: NOT the normal 4th Thursday of the
          month)

          > The Pippins -- Tree Girt Sea
          >
          > The Pippins are an a capella singing group performing medieval
          and renaissance choral music both in the SCA and for modern
          Chicagoland audiences. We meet on the north side of Chicago
          (Andersonville) every Thursday, from 7:45 - 10 pm. Please call for
          more information: 312-259-6688.

          > This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Towne Cryer. If you
          wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get
          together announced feel free to contact me and request an
          announcement be made. After all the more people playing nice
          together, the more fun it is for everyone! Corrections can also be
          made but only if you help me find them.

          mail to the AyretonTowneCryer@... and put in the body that you are

        • jeffnaggie@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 4, 2007
            Yes, yes it is.   You may have to ask Jim (our maintainance guy)  to open it up for you tonight as many of the heavys can't be there this evening.   But the space is offically available again.  Stab each other at will.

            Also, I have another individual who is a modern strip fencer, that would love to play SCA.  May I bring him around in a week or two?

            Hillary

            ______________________________________________________________________ _
            > > THURSDAY ACTIVITIES > > Rokkhealden Scriptorium > > The Scriptorium is composed of all skill levels. The Scriptorium
            is open to anyone who is interested in any aspect of the scribal arts. You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in the Scriptorium. You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to paint. You don't have to draw. You don't even have to do calligraphy. Experiment and do what you like. You don't have to buy anything. We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of course, if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own supplies. From time to time we hold classes to teach various aspects of calligraphy and illumination. About the only request (per say) is you be active, encouraging, positive to others and yourself.
            mail to the AyretonTowneCryer@... and put in the body that you are requesting to be removed from the announcement list.
            > --------------------------------- > Got a little couch potato? > Check out fun summer activities for kids. >
            ~~~~~ To view and add events to the calendar: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ayreton/cal/ To discontinue receiving discussion, but still receive announcements, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ayreton/join and change your subscription to "Special Notices". Activities coordinators, to get access to post Special Notices, send a request to <Ayreton-owner@yahoogroups.com>. Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ayreton/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ayreton/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:Ayreton-digest@yahoogroups.com mailto:Ayreton-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: Ayreton-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • twlyon24
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 4, 2007
              Sure, bring whomever. I'm not sure we'll be there tonight, however.

              L.

              --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, jeffnaggie@... wrote:

              > Yes, yes it is.?? You may have to ask Jim (our maintainance guy) ?
              to open it up for you tonight as many of the heavys can't be there
              this evening.?? But the space is offically available again.? Stab
              each other at will.

              > Also, I have another individual who is a modern strip fencer, that
              would love to play SCA.? May I bring him around in a week or two?

              > Hillary

              __
              Mail! - http://mail.aol.com

            • David Roland
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 4, 2007
                The Thieves of Hearts practice is open to everyone and newcomers are
                not only welcome but they have loaner gear as well for Fencers.

                Just a reminder, Heavies are welcome as well.

                Ian

                _
                > __
                > > Email and AIM finally together. You've gotta check out free AOL
                > Mail! - http://mail.aol.com

              • mandy lemke
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 4, 2007
                  Yep ;).... Summer is now over and all the stuff that was in the room is no longer there so we are back there until next summer at least. Hope to see lots there.

                  wrote:

                  > Good gentles,
                  > On Tuesdays there is also a fighter practice/A&S night in aurora.
                  We are at the root street campus, and this is hosted by the incipient
                  shire of Foxvale. If you need directions or more information you also
                  may contact our website....www. foxvale.org.
                  > Francesca
                  >
                  > Ayreton Towne Cryer <ayretontownecryer@ ...> wrote:
                  > Greetings unto the populace of the hearty lands of
                  Ayreton, from Mistress Gianetta, your Deputy Towne Cryer!

                  > Below are the weekly activitie that we know of to date. If you
                  have any changes or additions, please let us know and we will send
                  them out next week.

                  > Yours in service,
                  >
                  > --Gianetta
                  >

                  > MONDAY ACTIVITIES
                  >
                  > Baron Noyes
                  >
                  > Monday Nights from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Robbyan and Fern's. Any
                  instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed and Robbyan is
                  willing to learn. Absolute beginners please call first as some sight
                  reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

                  > Phone Number: (773) 764-1920
                  >
                  > Address: 2506 W. Morse Ave., Chicago, IL 60645

                  _

                  > THURSDAY ACTIVITIES
                  >
                  > Rokkhealden Scriptorium
                  >
                  > The Scriptorium is composed of all skill levels. The Scriptorium
                  is open to anyone who is interested in any aspect of the scribal
                  arts. You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in
                  the Scriptorium. You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to
                  paint. You don't have to draw. You don't even have to do
                  calligraphy. Experiment and do what you like. You don't have to buy
                  anything. We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of course,
                  if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own supplies.
                  From time to time we hold classes to teach various aspects of
                  calligraphy and illumination. About the only request (per say) is
                  you be active, encouraging, positive to others and yourself.

                  > http://www.midrealm .org/rokkehealde n/
                  >
                  > Thur. Sept. 6
                  > Thur. Sept. 20 (moot)
                  > Thur. Oct. 4
                  > Thur. Oct. 25 (moot)
                  > Thur. Nov. 8 (NOTE: NOT the normal 1st Thursday of the month)
                  > Thur. Nov. 29 (moot) NOTE: NOT the normal 4th Thursday of the
                  month)

                  > The Pippins -- Tree Girt Sea
                  >
                  > The Pippins are an a capella singing group performing medieval
                  and renaissance choral music both in the SCA and for modern
                  Chicagoland audiences. We meet on the north side of Chicago
                  (Andersonville) every Thursday, from 7:45 - 10 pm. Please call for
                  more information: 312-259-6688.

                  > This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Towne Cryer. If you
                  wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get
                  together announced feel free to contact me and request an
                  announcement be made. After all the more people playing nice
                  together, the more fun it is for everyone! Corrections can also be
                  made but only if you help me find them.

                  > The Cryer can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@ ...
                  >
                  > If you wish to be taken off of the announcement please send an e-
                  mail to the AyretonTowneCryer@ ... and put in the body that you are
                  requesting to be removed from the announcement list.
                  > ------------ --------- --------- ---
                  > Got a little couch potato?

                • Ayreton Towne Cryer
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 9, 2007
                    Greetings unto the populace of Ayreton, from Mistress Gianetta, your Deputy Towne Cryer!

                    Below are the weekly activities.  If you have any changes or additions, please let us know and we will send them out next week.

                    Yours in service,

                    --Gianetta

                    MONDAY ACTIVITIES

                    Baron Noyes

                    Monday Nights from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Robbyan and Fern's.  Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed and Robbyan is willing to teach.  Absolute beginners please call first as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 16, 2007
                      Greetings unto the populace of Ayreton, from Mistress Gianetta, your Deputy Towne Cryer!

                      Below are the weekly activities.  If you have any changes or additions, please let us know and we will send them out next week.

                      Yours in service,

                      --Gianetta

                      MONDAY ACTIVITIES

                      Barons Noyes

[...]

                      Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
                    • Ayreton Towne Cryer
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 26, 2007
                        Greetings unto the populace of Ayreton, from Mistress Gianetta, your Deputy Towne Cryer!

                        Below are the weekly activities.  If you have any changes or additions, please let us know and we will send them out next week.

                        Yours in service,

                        --Gianetta

                        MONDAY ACTIVITIES

                        Barons Noyes

                        Monday Nights from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Robbyan and Fern's.  Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed and Robbyan is willing to teach.  Absolute beginners please call first as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

                        Phone Number: (773) 764-1920

                        Address: 2506 W. Morse Ave., Chicago, IL 60645

                        WEDNESDAY ACTIVITIES

                        TREE GIRT SEA SCRIBAL NIGHT

                        As many might know, Magdalena von der Plesse and Peter the Goldsmith are relocating to the Kingdom of Atlantia. We wish them well in their new endeavors.

                        Therefore, I would like to announce the Province of Tree Girt Sea Scribal nights have been changed, beginning October 3rd, 2007.

                        Who: THL Jocelyn of Lutterworth
                        (mka Vickie Rayhill)

                        When: 1st, 3rd, and 5th Wednesdays of the month.

                        Where: 978 Walter Avenue, Des Plaines, IL 60016

                        Time: 7:30 pm to 10 pm

                        More info: 847-824-3814

                        The new schedule will begin Wednesday, October 3.

                        Scribe Night is open to anyone in the Ayreton region who is interested in calligraphy and
                        illumination.

                        THURSDAY ACTIVITIES

                        Rokkhealden Scriptorium

                        Thur. Sept. 20 (moot)
                        Thur. Oct. 4
                        Thur. Oct. 25 (moot)
                        Thur. Nov. 8 (NOTE: NOT the normal 1st Thursday of the month)
                        Thur. Nov. 29 (moot) NOTE: NOT the normal 4th Thursday of the month)

                        The Pippins -- Tree Girt Sea

                        The Pippins are an a capella singing group performing medieval and renaissance choral music both in the SCA and for modern Chicagoland audiences.  We meet on the north side of Chicago (Andersonville) every Thursday, from 7:45 - 10 pm.  Please call for more information: 312-259-6688.

                      • Ayreton Chronicler
                        Message 11 of 11 , Dec 1, 2008

                          Greetings unto the populace of Ayreton and surrounding areas, from the Ayreton Chronicler!  Please check these listings for accuracy and send me any changes.  Thank you!

                          MONDAY ACTIVITIES

                          BARONS NOYSE

                          Monday Nights from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Robbyan and Fern's.  Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed and Robbyan is willing to teach.  Absolute beginners please call first as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

                          Phone Number: (773) 764-1920

                          Address: 2506 W. Morse Ave. , Chicago , IL 60645

                          SILVER THIMBLE GUILD FOR CONSPICUOUS CONSUMPTION

                          Join the Guild on Monday nights for sewing and garb research.  The Silver Thimble Guild meets on Monday nights at Mistress Juliana's house, just Northwest of downtown--call before coming- 773-750-2180.

                          TUESDAY ACTIVITIES

                          NORTHBROOK DANCE PRACTICE

                          We have started a bi-monthly dance practice every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at Glenbrook-North High School in Northbrook .   I hope that this endeavor will flourish and more people will join us.  Contact Kristiana for more details, or the Thieves of Hearts.

                          WEEKLY PROJECT NIGHT

                          Everyone is welcome to bring current sewing projects or just an idea with them on Tuesday nights at Sarafina’s place in Des Plaines . Project night will be from 7:30pm - 10:00 pm every Tuesday night.

                          Address: 1496 E. Algonquin Rd in Des Plaines . The apartment is on the NW corner of Algonquin and Cora. Phone number is 312-493-2255. Call if you have any questions.

                          Sewers of all abilities encouraged to attend.

                          --------------------------

                          WEDNESDAY ACTIVITIES

                          TREE GIRT SEA SCRIBAL NIGHT

                          Scribe Night is open to anyone in the Ayreton region who is interested in calligraphy and
                          illumination.

                          Who: THL Jocelyn of Lutterworth (mka Vickie Rayhill)
                          When: M
                          eetings held the 1st, 3rd and 5th Wednesdays of the month at 7:30.

                          Time: 7:30 pm to 10 pm
                          More info: 847-824-3814

                          AYRETON DANCE PRACTICE

                          Practice is open to any and all who wish to dance.

                          Who: Quintius de Folo (mka Chris Quinn), Alex Carter
                          When: Every Wednesday
                          Where: University of Chicago , Ida Noyes Hall 1212 East 59th street Chicago IL 60637
                          The theatre on the 3rd floor
                          Time: 7:00PM to 9PM
                          More Info (773)576-4600 or (614)354-5062

                          THURSDAY ACTIVITIES

                          ROKKHEALDEN SCRIPTORIUM

                          The Scriptorium is composed of all skill levels.  The Scriptorium is open to anyone who is interested in any aspect of the scribal arts. You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in the Scriptorium.  You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to paint.  You don't have to draw.  You don't even have to do calligraphy.  Experiment and do what you like.  You don't have to buy anything.  We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of course, if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own supplies.  From time to time we hold classes to teach various aspects of calligraphy and illumination.  About the only request (per se) is you be active, encouraging, positive to others and yourself.

                          For more information, go to: http://www.midrealm.org/rokkehealden/

                          THE PIPPINS

                          The Pippins are an a capella singing group performing medieval and renaissance choral music both in the SCA and for modern Chicagoland audiences.  We meet on the north side of Chicago ( Andersonville ) every Thursday, from 7:45 - 10 pm.  Please call for more information: 312-259-6688.

                          VANISHED WOOD SEWING GUILD

                          The Vanished Wood sewing guild is open to all comers. For further information contact Acelina

                          FRIDAY ACTIVITIES

                          NEEDLEWORK/FIBER ARTS NIGHT

                          Every third Friday of the month, 6 pm - 10 pm

                          Bring a project to work on or the willingness to learn something new.

                          For more information, email: gschneid@....

                          SUNDAY ACTIVITIES

                          HERALDS AT HOME

                          Phebe and Kevin will be hosting heraldry at their home on the last Sunday of each month:

                          3935 N. Kostner Chi, IL 60641.

                          Phone 773-286-5952.

                          All area heralds, and any clients who wish to attend are welcome. Heraldic services for name and device researches will be available at this "one stop". Exact time in each afternoon to follow soon.

                          SCIENCE! NIGHT

                          Alternating Sunday Nights from 5:00 to 10:00 p.m. at Angus and Rosaline's

                          Phone Number: (630) 963-9128

                          Address: 5224 Pennywood Drive , Lisle , IL   60532-2030

                          Bring a Science project to show off, work on, get help with, your science projects. We have facilities for working in wood, leather, paper, food, cloth and light metal. Bring your own safety equipment!

                          GREY GARGOYLES/AYRETON A&S AFTERNOONS

                          For the past several months, we've had a growing number of people showing up at Ayreton combined fighter practice on Sundays at Ida Noyes to do casual A&S, gab, et cetera. We hope to begin introducing some beginners tutorials in various arts and sciences during these meets soon, and I think many of these will be of great interest to the Ayreton populace as a whole.   Timing coincides with the Ayreton fighter practices.

                          ______

                          This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Chronicler. If you wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get together announced feel free to contact me and request an announcement be made. If you find any errors in this message please send me corrections.

                          The Chronicler can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@...

                          This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Cryer. If you wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get together announced feel free to contact me and request an announcement be made. If you find any errors in this message please send me corrections.