Passing of a Scadian

  • ayretontownecryer
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28 10:42 AM
      [Mid] contact info for TRM

      Bess,

      Reed and Cathy Harrig
      9043 Ripon Ct
      Indianapolis, IN 46268

      Siobhan (his Chiv page had the info)

      From: Middlebridge moderator <middlebridge@...>
      its
      body.

      ------------------------------

      Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:44:23 -0400 (EDT)
      From: Middlebridge moderator <middlebridge@...>
      Subject: [Mid] Solomon ben Jacob (of Maiden Mongolia) has pass away

      Hello,

      As of 4 AM this morning, Master Solomon ben Jacob, m.k.a. Sherwin
      Kader, passed away. An early member of the Barony of Caer Anterth, a
      kind leader, founder of the Baronial Brewers and Vintners Guild,
      wondrous storyteller, and teller of multitudinous jokes and puns. He
      and his beloved wife Priscilka ("Pete") were Maiden Mongolia,
      well-known SCA merchants. A number of years ago Solly had a heart
      transplant, so in many ways, he wore out two strong hearts. And will
      greatly be missed by many more. He is mourned by Priscilka, by his 4
      children and many grandchildren, and by his many friends. We loved
      him.

      Andrey Mikhailovich Rostov
      m.k.a. Timothy A. Kozinski

      P.S.: Following is the notice Pete sent out earlier today.

      Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 05:17:27 -0500
      From: Pete Kucik <pkucik@...>
      Subject: Sherwin Kader passed away this morning at 4 AM

      He came home from the hospital Sat., went to a hospice Sun. evening,
      and passed away quietly in his sleep this morning. Please pass this
      information on to people I might have missed.

      Funeral information, when available, will be on the answering machine
      at (414)332-6537. Since I'm not home, the current recording is
      outdated. Jews tend to bury people very quickly (it's a tradition
      that comes from a desert peoplewhere the climate is hot) so the
      funeral should be soon.

      Pete will let you know if and when she needs help. But if you're
      wondering "What can I do?" The answer is "Nothing. You did
      everything for him when he was alive and that is what's important."
      She'll be unable to return most telephone calls for a while.

      - --

      Priscilla ("Pete") Kucik
      pkucik@...
    • ayretontownecryer
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 28 10:45 AM
        Funeral Information

        Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 15:34:06 -0400 (EDT)
        From: Middlebridge moderator <middlebridge@...>
        Subject: [Mid] Funeral Information for Sherwin Kader (Solomon ben
        Jacob)

        Forwarded with permission--Siobhan

        *********
        =46rom: Pete Kucik <pkucik@...>
        Date: Aug 27, 2007 1:28 PM
        Subject: Sherwin Kader funeral, Tues. Aug. 28, 10 AM=20
        To:=20

        There will be a graveside service at Mound Zion Cemetery on 145th
        and North.
        There will be a bagpiper and a Masonic Lodge of Mourning. More
        information (shiva, etc.) will be in tomorrow's newspaper and at:=20

        www.blanegoodmanfunerals.com (262) 241-4444

        Priscilla ("Pete") Kucik
        pkucik@...=20