Re: [Ayreton] Upcoming Events

  • Drew Nicholson
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 24, 2007
      MKAOD is in a week.

      On 8/23/07, spdesroches@... <spdesroches@... > wrote:

      Greetings Good Citizens of Ayreton

           I, your Lord Mayor, am here to remind all that we have several events to discuss here in the coming days. Closest is the next Ayreton Carnivale, hopefully soon enough that an orderly succession may be arranged for my replacement. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but now is the time to begin planning. Even more important, the Kingdom is in need of bids for Spring Coronation, as well as Spring Crown Tourney. Finally we have been asked to host the Rose Tourney in 2009.

           The first two require almost immediate attention to begin planning, the last would be comforting to the organizers to at least have a comittment from us soon. I know that we have the means to accomplish these important upcoming events in a timely fashion, and show the Kingdom our spiff!

      In Service to The Midrealm and Ayreton

      THL Etienne le Couteau des Roches

      Your Lord Mayor

      -------------- Original message from John Railing <malkinius@...>: --------------

      Greetings all.....

      Political Correctness is not period. It won't be invented for more
      than 350 years after the SCA cut off date. Hurting the feelings of
      and calling other groups various insulting names is perfectly period.
      It extends from before SCA period to well afterwards. Therefore call
      whoever you want whatever you want. However, in good period fashion,
      be prepared to defend your words with your body. <grins>

      I, for one, will call the mundanes mundane, as I have been doing for 30 years.

      Now...back to your mundane world and 'modern' forms of communication.

      Be well all....

      John Malkin aMalkin

      --
      John Railing aka Malkin
      1041 Nerge Rd., Apt. 104 * Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 * 812-320-1447

      --
      Qui Tacet Consentit
    • John Adams
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 24, 2007
        Hmm... He's right. Maybe he should become Mayor?

        -- G

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 24, 2007

          Good Gentles and Ladies,
          Fox Hunt 3 is upon us soon as well. It is on Sept. 22 starting at 9 am. We will have heavy, rapier, youth combat, archery, thrown weapons, classes, the silken petals, and a REAL WORKING FORGE!!!. Our feastocrat has agreed to come back from the previous two years, so that means come hungry. We will have merchants to shop at, kids activities...including the almost famous FOX HUNT. This is a lot of fun for children and kids a like. Please see our website for more details and to submit questions.
          Francesca del Mar of FoxVale
        • ayretontownecryer
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 24, 2007
            --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, spdesroches@... wrote:

            If I may remind the Honorable Lord Mayor of Ayreton that there are
            no Meetings at the Middle Kingdom Academy of Defense. It is a long
            held tradition.

            At what event then would we like to hold an Ayreton Towne Meeting.
            There are several event occuring in the Ayreton Area and were happy
            to have a Towne meeting last year.

            Ian the Green
            Ayreton Towne Cryer

            > Greetings Good Citizens of Ayreton
            >
            > I, your Lord Mayor, am here to remind all that we have
            several events to discuss here in the coming days. Closest is the
            next Ayreton Carnivale, hopefully soon enough that an orderly
            succession may be arranged for my replacement. Don't get me wrong, I
            love my job, but now is the time to begin planning. Even more
            important, the Kingdom is in need of bids for Spring Coronation, as
            well as Spring Crown Tourney. Finally we have been asked to host the
            Rose Tourney in 2009.
            > The first two require almost immediate attention to begin
            planning, the last would be comforting to the organizers to at least
            have a comittment from us soon. I know that we have the means to
            accomplish these important upcoming events in a timely fashion, and
            show the Kingdom our spiff!

            > In Service to The Midrealm and Ayreton
            > THL Etienne le Couteau des Roches
            > Your Lord Mayor
          • mandy lemke
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 24, 2007
              Speaking as an autocrat of the event, FoxVale is more than happy to have the meeting at our event. It has been held here previously, and I believe everyone enjoyed it.
              Francesca

              ayretontownecryer <ayretontownecryer@...> wrote:
              --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups .com, spdesroches@ ... wrote:

              If I may remind the Honorable Lord Mayor of Ayreton that there are
              no Meetings at the Middle Kingdom Academy of Defense. It is a long
              held tradition.

              At what event then would we like to hold an Ayreton Towne Meeting.
              There are several event occuring in the Ayreton Area and were happy
              to have a Towne meeting last year.

              Ian the Green
              Ayreton Towne Cryer

              > Greetings Good Citizens of Ayreton
              >
              > I, your Lord Mayor, am here to remind all that we have
              several events to discuss here in the coming days. Closest is the
              next Ayreton Carnivale, hopefully soon enough that an orderly
              succession may be arranged for my replacement. Don't get me wrong, I
              love my job, but now is the time to begin planning. Even more
              important, the Kingdom is in need of bids for Spring Coronation, as
              well as Spring Crown Tourney. Finally we have been asked to host the
              Rose Tourney in 2009.
              > The first two require almost immediate attention to begin
              planning, the last would be comforting to the organizers to at least
              have a comittment from us soon. I know that we have the means to
              accomplish these important upcoming events in a timely fashion, and
              show the Kingdom our spiff!

              > In Service to The Midrealm and Ayreton
              > THL Etienne le Couteau des Roches
              > Your Lord Mayor

            • auldefarte
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 28, 2007
                Ah well. It was funnier when I wrote it last Friday...