RE: [Ayreton] Semantics - how mundane

  • John Railing
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 22, 2007
      Greetings Folo....

      > >As I recall, they tried to do away with "Autocrat", "Feastocrat", "Troll",
      >>etc. That's also had very mixed success.
      >
      >No. *I* tried to get rid of the crat abominations, but like the Christians
      >in eleventh century Scandinavia, some heathens have backslid. I remain
      >confident that everyone in the SCA will come to their senses and subscribe
      >to the One True Faith in time :) But then I tried to substitute term that
      >described the same thing but, unfortunately just weren't as cute. "Mundane"
      >isn't cute, but nothing else conveys the same meaning!

      Actually....there is another word that says the same thing, but we
      really don't want to use that term in this context. It would cause
      too many problems because of its associations with other groups.

      >Personally, I prefer the term "farb," but its meaning is not the same as
      >"mundane."

      I thought "farb" only referred to faux garb? I.e., looks sorta period
      but isn't.

      >Cheers, Folo

      Be well......

      John Malkin aMalkin

      --
      John Railing aka Malkin
      1041 Nerge Rd., Apt. 104 * Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 * 812-320-1447
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 23, 2007
        Well said!

        Hillary of Langeforde