Picture of the day...

  • nadezda_zezastrizl
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 16, 2007
      For all you fans of Chinese art out there, check out wikipedia's
      picture of the day for today
      http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Along_the_River_7-119-3.jpg
      It's a panorama of Along the River During Qingming Festival, 18th
      century remake of a 12th century original by Chinese artist Zhang
      Zeduan; 50% resolution. It's so long that it scrolls, but is beautiful.
      Enjoy!
      -Nadezda
    • KCMalone3@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 16, 2007
        Thanks, Nadezda!  My daughter is a Chinese persona and loves anything Chinese.  She thought it was really cool!

        Anna

        **************************************
      • Wendy Pastrick
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 16, 2007
          Aw man, now I'm not getting ANYTHING done today...

          Smiles,
          Jale
        • Wolfram von Waldersbach
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 16, 2007
            Thanks for the link. This is incredible.

            I do recall seeing similar artworks at both the Forbidden City exhibit at
            the Field Museum a couple of years ago, along with the Taoism exhibit at the
            Art Institute a few years ago. But it always great to see more of these
            works.

            In Service,

            -Wolfram von Waldersbach
            Archery Marshal of the Shire of the Grey Gargoyles

            >From: "nadezda_zezastrizl" <nadezda_z@...>
            >To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [Ayreton] Picture of the day...
            >Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 13:42:17 -0000
            >
            >For all you fans of Chinese art out there, check out wikipedia's
            >picture of the day for today
            >http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Along_the_River_7-119-3.jpg
            >It's a panorama of Along the River During Qingming Festival, 18th
            >century remake of a 12th century original by Chinese artist Zhang
            >Zeduan; 50% resolution. It's so long that it scrolls, but is beautiful.
            >Enjoy!
            >-Nadezda

            Messenger Caf� � open for fun 24/7. Hot games, cool activities served daily.
            Visit now. http://cafemessenger.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_AugHMtagline
          • spdesroches@att.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 16, 2007

              Thanks Nadezda

              I'd been wanting to take another trip today, now it feels like I have, even while the last of Pennsic laundry is drying!

              Etienne

              .