Ayreton Announcements - Pennsic XXXVI Edition

  • ayretontownecryer
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2007
      Greetings and well met unto you my friends and fellow Ayretonites.  It had been my pleasure to serve you as the Ayreton Towne Cryer from Mayor Cerrian, through Mayor Acelina and now with Mayor Etienne.  Due to my mundane life I shall be stepping down from being the Ayreton Towne Cryer.  This will not be an immediate occurance.  I would like very much to take on a Deputy Ayreton Town Cryer who would then be taking over from me.  I hope to be stepping down with a replacement by the end of September and to have a Deputy Cryer before the end of August.

      Interested persons should contact me directly at my personal e-mail of

      Basic qualifications for those interested would be to have a reliable and working computer at home that is connected to the internet and have consistent and reliable internet service.  They must have at least good (for everyone knows I don't have excellent), writing skills as well as a solid basic understanding of the SCA in general and the Ayreton Area specifically.

      They must also be able to seperate their personal opinions for that of the neutral position of Ayreton Towne Cryer.  Also they must be willing to laugh at themselves and to poke gentle fun at our Honorable Lord Mayor.  Having a good projective voice is bonus.

      Most importantly the qualified idividual(s) must care and have an interest in promoting communication of activities of the SCA in the Ayreton Area and between the groups and populace of the Ayreton Area.  This also means that they must work well others in an amicable manner.

      MONDAY ACTIVITIES

      Baron Noyes

      The Baron's Noyse may very well meet on Monday, Aug 6, but if it does, it'll be somewhere at Pennsic.

      TUESDAY ACTIVITIES

      Calligraphy and Illumination

      Being taught on the 2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights of every month from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston.  Mistress Magdalena von der Plesse and THLord Peter the Goldsmith are hosting and teaching.  Please call to confirm.

      For month of August these dates are: August 14 & 18.

      Telepone Number: (847)-864-0125

      THURSDAY ACTIVITIES

      Rokkehealden Scriptorium

      Thurs. August 23rd (moot)
      Thurs. September 6th
      Thurs. September 20th (moot) Note: NOT the 4th Thursday of the month as is usually the case)

      We still meet 6:30p (or whenever) to 8:45pm at the Oak Brook Library.  (All nights have A&S and Scribal, even the moot nights)