Re: [Ayreton] Dancing at Glenbrook North Fighter Practice tomorrow

  • Wendy Pastrick
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 16, 2007
      If you're referring to the middle eastern isolations,
      as long as the person doesn't wear constrictive
      clothing, they should be fine.

      For court dances, anything folks want to wear that
      they can manuever in is fine. Yes, i've seen guys
      dance in full armor.

      Regardless of style, we will begin with a few minutes
      of stretching first and everyone is welcome even if
      you're not planning to dance!

      Jale

    • kateslists@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 16, 2007
        ahem.  I've done middle eastern isolations IN my armor on the way to Pennsic battles

        Bojei

        From: Wendy Pastrick <trybl_dance@...>

        --- Drew Nicholson <drewishdrewid@ gmail.com> wrote:

        > if a new person showed up, with no experience with
        > such things whatsoever,
        > what should they wear?

      • David Roland
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 16, 2007
          I would be terribly amused to see a demonstration of such from you
          at any event or practice you would care to name...

          Ian the immensely curious Green

          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, kateslists@... wrote:

          > ahem. I've done middle eastern isolations IN my armor on the way
          to Pennsic battles

          > Bojei

          > From: Wendy Pastrick <trybl_dance@...>
          > If you're referring to the middle eastern isolations,
          > as long as the person doesn't wear constrictive
          > clothing, they should be fine.
          >
          > For court dances, anything folks want to wear that
          > they can manuever in is fine. Yes, i've seen guys
          > dance in full armor.
          >
          > Regardless of style, we will begin with a few minutes
          > of stretching first and everyone is welcome even if
          > you're not planning to dance!
          >
          > Jale
          >
          > --- Drew Nicholson <drewishdrewid@...> wrote:
          >
          > > if a new person showed up, with no experience with
          > > such things whatsoever,
          > > what should they wear?

        • Johannes Machiavelli
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 17, 2007
            I remember one field battle where there where we were waiting for the battle to start or there was a really LONG hold. Some fighters started to do drum work on their shields.  a female fighter from one side started dancing and was joined / challenged by a fighter from the other side or another group.  I must say it was just a bit surreal.  Even the marshals seemed reluctant to stop it.

            One of the most interesting battles I have been in.

            Johannes