Ayreton Activities and Announcements

  • ayretontownecryer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2007
      Greetings and well met unto you my friends and fellow Ayretonites.  It had been my pleasure to serve you as the Ayreton Towne Cryer from Mayor Cerrian, through Mayor Acelina and now with Mayor Etienne.  Due to my mundane life I shall be stepping down from being the Ayreton Towne Cryer.  This will not be an immediate occurance.  I would like very much to take on a Deputy Ayreton Town Cryer who would then be taking over from me.

      Interested persons should contact me directly at my personal e-mail of Mystborne@...

      Basic qualifications for those interested would be to have a reliable and working computer at home that is connected to the internet and have consistent and reliable internet service.  They must have at least good (for everyone knows I don't have excellent), writing skills as well as a solid basic understanding of the SCA in general and the Ayreton Area specifically.

      They must also be able to set aside their personal opinions for that of the neutral position of Ayreton Towne Cryer.  Also they must be willing to laugh at themselves and to poke gentle fun at our Honorable Lord Mayor.  Having a good projective voice is bonus but not required.

      Most importantly the qualified idividual(s) must care and have an interest in promoting communication of activities of the SCA in the Ayreton Area and between the groups and populace of the Ayreton Area.  This also means that they must work well others in an amicable manner.

      MONDAY ACTIVITIES

      Baron Noyes

      Monday Nights from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Robbyan and Fern's.  Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed and Robbyan is willing to learn.  Absolute beginners please call first as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

      Phone Number: (773) 764-1920

      Address: 2506 W. Morse Ave., Chicago, IL 60645

      TUESDAY ACTIVITIES

      Calligraphy and Illumination

      Being taught on the 2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights of every month from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston.  Mistress Magdalena von der Plesse and THLord Peter the Goldsmith are hosting and teaching.  Please call to confirm.

      Telepone Number: (847)-864-0125

      THURSDAY ACTIVITIES

      Rokkehealden Scriptorium

      Thurs. July 26th (moot) Note: NOT the 19th as may have been noted in a different email)
      Thurs. August 2nd
      Thurs. August 23rd (moot)
      Thurs. September 6th
      Thurs. September 20th (moot) Note: NOT the 4th Thursday of the month as is usually the case)

      We still meet 6:30p (or whenever) to 8:45pm at the Oak Brook Library.  (All nights have A&S and Scribal, even the moot nights)