Head count for war

  • Clint Anderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2007

      Harkin well as great storm clouds gather in the east and the rumblings of war send tremors through the very ground!  It seems war is inevitable now so it is up to all good Kings men to polish their steel and prepare for battle.  As such it has fallen to me to muster the rapier troops of the Midlands and report our strength to our Lt General.  I've been asked to assemble a list of the fine warriors that will take the field under the Midlands banner and to get a head count for how many fighters we will field this year.  If you are planning on going to war and fighting in the rapier battles please let me know by July 20th at the latest.  Also, please indicate if you are planning on crossing over and fighting both heavy and light as we have special hospitality tents set up for our crossover fighters with snacks and entertainment to give us a place to cool off and relax between battles.  Please plan on bringing your rapier gear to the field with you to prevent unneeded effort going back to camp to switch armor between battles.  If you are not a crossover, please help those who are, they've got a lot of gear to get to the field and back to camp and an extra pair of hands or two can really make a difference!  As always your help on this is greatly appreciated.  If you would, please forward this message on to your local groups as I would spread these words as far as possible.  I have traveled much this season and I want to tell you all how proud I am to have seen all the hard work going into preparing for this war.  I've seen new melee groups being formed, a new dedication to better melee practices, and warm invitations to crossovers going both ways.  I fully expect to stand on the field amid a great host of midlands warriors!

      So please baronial/household/group leaders contact me off list with your unit numbers.  If you do not already fight with a unit please contact me directly.  You can reach me at rapier-anton@....  Thanks again and I look forward to taking the field with each of you.

      Draco Invictus!
      Anton du Marais
      Midlands Regional Rapier Commander

      Local listings, incredible imagery, and driving directions - all in one place! Find it!