Ayreton Arts Martial

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 35 , Jul 11, 2006
      The Ayreton Fighter Practices

      YOUTH BOFFER

      6:30-dark
      Thursday the 13th and the 20th.
      Monday July 31st

      For those not going to Pennsic:

      Youth Boffer in August is on the 7th, 14th, 21st, and the 28th.  These are Monday dates.  **the 28th may be moved to Sunday for a potluck fun get together.

      If it is raining, we will not have practice.  I do not have indoor fighting space.  Acelina DJC137@... is the marshall contact and you can contact me (Kellee) at 630-527-7041 or at KCMalone3@... for direction/rain out questions.

      Naperville at 6s054 Country Glen Dr. which is located between Eola and Route 59 off of North Aurora.  There is a good map on the Rokkehealden website calendar http://www.midrealm.org/rokkehealden/.

        SUNDAY

      ** Grey Gargoyles

      AYRETON FIGHTER PRACTICE AND GARB CIRCLE

      Hoobah!  Annette is graciously bringing refreshments for all those that come the Ayreton Fighter Practice and Garb Circle.  She brings Pickles, Oranges. Pretzels and other stuff as well.  She does this out of her own pocket.  After speaking with many of the fighters at the practice it was commonly agreed that it would be wonderful if people who come would be able to give Annette just $1 so that she can keep bringing the refreshments.  BY NO MEANS IS THIS A REQUIREMENT.  If you can that is great!  If not, that's okay.  (It is a college campus folks.)

      The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles and Shire of Vanished Woods all officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles site every Sunday of the month.  We call this the Ayreton Fighter Practice.  Practices have been starting at 1p

      Group Rapier Marshall, Companion of the Cavendish Knot Moira O'Dorran is teaching a novice fencers class.  This class is good for those just interested, not yet authorized and those needing to, "get back to basics."  This Class runs from 2:30 to 4:00

      Lord Talib leading a book reading with students of the sword with Tom Leoni's new English translation.  This is a more cerebral class starting off by discussing the assigned readings and then stepping into practical application.  This Class runs from 1:00 to 2:30

          Directions to the Grey Gargoyles Site

          Be Warned that the Dan Ryan (90/94) Is Subject to construction.  You may wish to take an alternate route.  Alternate directions can be found at :

        Ida Noyes Hall - 59th Street and Woodlawn Ave., Chicago IL 60637.

      Find the best route to I-90/I-94 in
      South Chicago. Take I-90/I-90 and exit
      at
      Garfield Blvd. (55th St.)

      Turn east immediately (first light) and proceed past 5 stoplights.

      Cross Martin Luther King drive and enter park.

      At the Y in the road go right. This will lead you onto the Midway Plaisance (
      59th St.)

      Go to Woodlawn Ave, turn left and park. Ida Noyes Hall is on the northeast corner of Woodlawn and Midway. See map for details

        LINK

        http://grey-gargoyles.uchicago.edu/calendar/#IDANOYES

        If you choose to take an alternate route that includes the
      Lake Shore Drive please be aware that vehicles with Class B plates are not allowed on the Lake Shore Drive.

        This is not the only practice on Sunday in Ayreton.

      ** Raven's Lake

      Fighter Practice starts at 1 pm on Sundays (except the 1st of every month). We will focus on training new fighters and melee practice.  This practice is also a rapier, archery and thrown weapons practice as well !!!

      Here is the location:

      The Church of the Holy Family
      25291 Lehmann Blvd
      Lake Villa, IL 60046.
      One block south of 132 on rte 59.

       TUESDAY PRACTICES

      **  Thieves of Heart

        This is currently only a Rapier practice however it is open to heavy fighters as well.  If you are a heavy fighter interested in this practice please contact the Ravenslake Knights Marshall Gintaras at gintarasthetaura@...

       The season of War is upon us!  And with the season of war come the need to not only improve one's individual skills but improve how they interact with their friends to defeat their enemies on the field of Battle.

        And so the Thieves of Heart have begun Melee practice learning from all sources and teaching what they learn to those that practice with them.  Everyone is welcome to attend!

        Directions to the Thieves of Heart Practice!!

        Practices are held Tuesday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the
      Glenbrook North High School.  Address: 2300 Shermer Road, Northbrook IL.

        Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.

        Exit Willow road to the EAST.  Aprox 1.9 miles to Shermer Road.

        Turn Left onto Shermer road.  Follow Shermer 4 blocks to the last driveway into the school and turn left.

        Go past the stop sign, turn left into the next parking lot and then turn right behind the tennis courts.  The parking lot will be on your left.  Look for the propped open door to the gym that will be on your left as you enter the parking lot.

      **  Foxvale

        The Incipient Shire of Foxvale is currently not having fighter practices due to construction around the site.  As this changes I will happily keep you updated.  If you know a place in the Foxvale area that can host a fighter practice please let them know.
        http://www.foxvale.org/

      **  Tree Girt Sea

      Tree-Girt-Sea will hold fencing practice on Tues evening at the meeting site starting @ 7:00.  Tree-Girt-Sea fencing practice will be cancelled until July 18th.  On July 18th, we would like to have a mini-demo at the church from 7-9. The Pastor asked if people could watch us fence & Tom decided a mini-demo would be in order. Dancing will also be a part of this Demo!

      The meeting site is: United Church Of Christ, 5320 West Giddings, Chicago, IL, 60630 (one block south & west of Milwaukee/Lawrence, near the blue line & Jefferson Park Station).  Note, the church is continuing their pantry charity, so any canned goods or other non-perishable items will be accepted as donations.

      Questions can be Directed to the Tree Girt Sea Marshal of Fence Kevin Ambrozjewski.  His e-mail is kevinp9523@...

      WEDNESDAYS

      Sorcha's House - Heavy and Rapier Practice will run from 6:30 ish to 9pm.

      Practice is weather dependent as it is outdoors in the large back yard.  Cancellations due to weather will be posted as soon as known.  Phone calls are welcome if you are unsure.

      Location:  2351 Emerson Avenue -- Melrose Park, IL  60164
      Phone:  847 288 1106

      Conveniently located off just about every major highway, and less than 5min from O'Hare.  Mapquest or call for directions.

        TOWNE CRYERS NOTE

        If anyone else would like any Arts Martial practice announced that takes place in the Ayreton Area please let me know.  I will happily announce it.

      Thank you everyone!

        Ian the Green
        Ayreton Towne Cryer

      Open multiple messages at once with the all new Yahoo! Mail Beta.
    • ayretontownecryer
      Message 35 of 35 , Jul 14, 2007
        There is Archery practice going on in the area.  I do apologize I can't seem to find the announcement request with the Schedule.

        YOUTH BOFFER

        Here is the summer schedule for youth boffer.....It takes place at 2 different spots.
        The months of June and July have the same 1st and 3rd Mondays that we always try to maintain.  Please note the other dates are different days of the week.  For Sunday practices: Sibeal and her family have a pool and have offered its use after the fighting sessions are over.  So, please bring your swim suit and enjoy!  The only requirement is that the parents must stay and supervise their children

        July: 16th (Mon), 22 (Sun)
        August:
        12th (Sun) and *26th ( Sun)
        *the 26th is our end of the summer potluck.  Our fighters enjoy each others company (and the parents like to chat as well!) and this gives them a relaxed chance to spend the last summer practice together!

        Two Places:
        1)
        Monday and Thursdays: these are all at Anna's house (same place as last years youth practices)
        630-527-7041
        (
        KCMalone3@...) if you have questions
        6:00-9:00 or dark
        address:
        6s054 Country Glen Dr.
        Naperville, IL  60563

        Just north and west of the Route 59 train station.  The first house on the right, facing Country Glen Dr.  You will see the chairs and fighters in the front as we use the side yard to fight in.

        2)
        Sundays: these are all at Sibeal's house
        630-364-2514
        (
        sibeal63@...)  if you have any questions
        1:30-until "tired"....fighting will probably go until about 3:30 or 4 and then swimming
        address:
        10S060 Alago Road
        Naperville, Il 60564

        Just off of 87th Street on the south side of the Springbrook Prairie preserve.  The house is on the west side of the street.  Fighting will be in the back yard.

        Acelina is the marshall in charge. Any questions for her can go to DJC137@....

        SUNDAY PRACTICES

        SHIRE OF GREY GARGOYLES

         AYRETON FIGHTER PRACTICE
          The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles and Shire of Vanished Woods all officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles site every Sunday of the month.  We call this the Ayreton Fighter Practice.

        FOXVALE PRACTICES HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.  THIS PRACTICE IS ONE OF TWO SUGGESTED ALTERNATIVE FIGHTER PRACTICES.

        This practice is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. every Sunday.  By about 2 p.m. there are other people to play with almost always.

        Directions to the Grey Gargoyles Site

            Be Warned that the Dan Ryan (90/94) is subject to construction.  You may wish to take an alternate route.  Alternate directions can be found at :

        Please be aware that if you do take Lake Shore Drive as your alternate route Class "B" License Plates are NOT allowed on Lake Shore Drive.

          Ida Noyes Hall - 59th St. and Woodlawn Ave., Chicago, IL 60637

        - Find the best route to I-90/I-94 in South Chicago
        . Take I-90/I-90 and exit
        at
        Garfield Blvd. (55th St.)

        - Turn east immediately (first light) and proceed past 5 stoplights.

        - Cross Martin Luther King drive and enter park.

        - At the Y in the road go right. This will lead you onto the Midway Plaisance (
        59th St.)

        - Go to Woodlawn Avenue, Turn left and park. Ida Noyes Hall is on the northeast corner of Woodlawn and Midway. See map for details

          Map Link
        http://grey-gargoyles.uchicago.edu/calendar/#IDANOYES

        TUESDAY PRACTICES

           Thieves of Hearts Practice

        Heavy fighters and Rapier fighters both attend this practice.  All levels of skill are welcomed and wanted.  Rapier and aspiring rapier practitioners will find group as well as one on one instructions in rapier combat for both singles and melee.

        FOXVALE PRACTICES HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.  THIS PRACTICE IS ONE OF TWO SUGGESTED ALTERNATIVE FIGHTER PRACTICES.

        Practices are held Tuesday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the Glenbroom North High School.  Address: 2300 Shermer Road, Northbrook, IL

        Directions to the Thieves of Hearts Practice, including a very useful and helpful overhead map can be found at: http://thieves.ayreton.org/

        Text Directions are:

        - Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.

        - Exit Willow Road to the East.  Follow to Shermer.