RE: [Ayreton] Capt Martini

  • Clint Anderson
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 6, 2007
      Try him here:
      Captain" <captinliammartini@...>;

      Or since he doesn't read his emails very often, just shoot me a note, I see him almost every night.

      Anton

      Anton du Marais

      To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      From: james_j_ingram@...
      Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 10:27:04 -0500
      Subject: [Ayreton] Capt Martini

      Sorry for the general post but does anyone have Capt Martini's contact
      information?

      Thanks!

      http://im.live. com/messenger/ im/home/? source=hmtextlin kjuly07

      Missed the show?  Watch videos of the Live Earth Concert on MSN. See them now!
    • pennsic_ulf
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 6, 2007
        "When is a realistic date to set for group's to decide if we'd like
        to move forward?"
        With Pennsic coming up fast for those who are going I'm not sure if
        most groups will be able to have a serious continuous discussion
        until after war is over. After the individual groups have had a
        chance to discuss the different options among themselves then the
        different group ideas will need to be form into an Ayreton area
        consensus. This may take some time. Upcoming event where there is
        a chance for people to meet and discuss are:

        August 31-2 - Middle Kingdom Academy of Defense 10 {Ravenslake}
        [Lakemoor, IL]

        September 22- Foxhunt 3 {Foxvale (Rokkehealden)} [Yorkville, IL]

        November 3 - All Soul's Liberate Jerusalem: One Man's Infidel
        is Another Man's Martyr {Vanished Wood} [Elgin, IL]

        In addition to these events would people be interested in picking a
        Saturday or Sunday in September or October when there isn't a local
        event going on and meeting and finding a large open place where
        people can meet to discuss this idea so we don't either over run the
        scheduled programming at an event or cause interested people to miss
        the meeting because of their duties at an event.

        To this effect I feel October 1st is an optimistic date and 12th
        Night in January would be a more realistic date to have the groups
        decisions due by. From there if enough groups are in support then
        we move forward with asking for the official polling process to
        begin.

        "How many groups do we need to move forward? 4? 5? 6? Is it all or
        nothing?
        This would depend on what form we decide on. The major rule is that
        the land are must be continuous. So if Vanished Wood and Tree-Grit-
        Sea say no that effectively would cut the area in half, while if
        Ravenslake and FoxVale were to opt out the other groups would still
        be connected. Also could depend on hot the vote itself is
        structured if it is set as all the groups have their own polls or is
        it one poll for the entire area with the same outcome for all
        groups.

        "If the area decides to remain as is, what is the time frame for
        asking the question again?"
        If history holds it would be at least 5 to 10 years before it would
        be tried again.

        One other though is how long will it us to acquire the basic regalia
        for a Baron and Baroness if the proposal goes through? It would be
        a little embarrassing to send the new Baron and Baroness up to the
        Crown with nothing but good intentions in their hearts.

        Tim Dinan
        Tcd3125@...

        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Sarafina Sinclair"
        <Sarafina.Sinclair@...> wrote:

        > Hi Everyone,
        >
        > After having read the documents about the group transition
        process, I
        > believe that the next official step in the process would be for the
        > seneschals of all the groups interested in forming a barony
        > (or principality) to complete a petition and send it to the Crown
        (via the
        > Transititions Office).
        >
        > So, at this point, hopefully all of the groups will have this
        discussion in
        > person at the next several business meetings. Take a vote (however
        the
        > groups decides is fair) and decide if your shire/province wants to
        advance
        > to a barony. Have your seneschal confer with the other seneschals.
        There are
        > 8 steps to be followed for baronial advancement and they are quite
        detailed.
        > Please, please, please go and read how it all works so we can be
        armed with
        > knowledge.
        >
        > Here is the link again:
        > http://www.midrealm.org/seneschal/BaronialAdvancement.pdf
        >
        > What would probably also be useful is for us to send our questions
        to the
        > Transitions Officer and have them addressed fully. I am more than
        happy to
        > compile a list of questions and forward them on and then send the
        reply back
        > to the list.
        > When is a realistic date to set for group's to decide if we'd like
        to move
        > forward? Oct 1? I would humbly suggest that the seneschals talk
        after
        > whatever date we set as a group and figure out how many groups
        voted in the
        > affirmative. How many groups do we need to move forward? 4? 5? 6?
        Is it all
        > or nothing? If the area decides to remain as is, what is the time
        frame for
        > asking the question again. 6 months? 1 year? 2 years?
        >
        > Also, make sure you're sharing this with those members not on the
        internet.
        > We need to hear everyone's voice on this issue.
        >
        > Thanks for listening.
        >
        > Sarafina
        > --
        > The Honourable Lady Sarafina Sinclair, CDH,CE
        > http://ladysarafina.home.att.net

      • Metylda
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 6, 2007
          I would not count on a meeting at MKAOD. I was told
          by those having more wisdom than I, that having the
          Ayretown meeting was an exception and that the rule of
          Ravenslake has been no meetings are to take place at
          our events.

          Metylda

          --- pennsic_ulf <TCD3125@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > be connected. Also could depend on hot the vote
          > itself is
          > structured if it is set as all the groups have their
          > own polls or is
          > it one poll for the entire area with the same
          > outcome for all
          > groups.
          >

          > "If the area decides to remain as is, what is the
          > time frame for
          > asking the question again?"
          > If history holds it would be at least 5 to 10 years
          > before it would
          > be tried again.
          >
          > One other though is how long will it us to acquire
          > the basic regalia
          > for a Baron and Baroness if the proposal goes
          > through? It would be
          > a little embarrassing to send the new Baron and
          > Baroness up to the
          > Crown with nothing but good intentions in their

          There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

          *****

          Me þæt wyrd gewæf

        • David Roland
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 6, 2007
            Having been there last year at the gathering it wasn't an Ayreton
            Towne Meeting. It was an Ayreton Towne Gathering as meetings were
            not allowed.

            Ian the Green
            Just some guy from the SCA

            _______________
            > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's
            updated for today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.

          • ayretontownecryer
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 7, 2007

              Status Dates to Report on Meetings Regarding Advancement

              At the Border Skirmish Towne Meeting it was determined that the next Towne Meeting at an event would be at Vanished Woods Event All Souls on November 3, 2007.  That said, that meeting is to cover the Ayreton Carnival stuff as well as anything else.   We can certainly have meetings at other events prior to that as well as meetings at times other than events as it has been requested.  I shall speak with the Mayor about such dated and we shall try to come up with a series of dates that folks can vote on and whatever date(s) get the most response here on this list we will try to do.

              I will remind everyone that we still have a total of three other things we are hoping to hear from the populace about both here and at the meetings.

                   1. The next Ayreton event. Should we have another Carnivale at the same site, or should we offer the site as a Spring Crown Tourney bid, and hold the Carnivale at another location?  Currently the Crown has no viable bid. We need to get cracking on this ASAP.

                   2. Ayreton symbols and regalia. Those who attended the meeting saw on the banner the segmented ring. You can also see it on the (fuzzy) photo I posted of my medallion on the Ayreton website. Is this good or shall we try something else? Submit here your ideas and pictures, and in the near post-Pennsic future, we'll vote. There is also the possibility of having an A&S display at the next Carnivale of regalia created with the winning symbol.

                   3. Mayoral Selection. In my opinion we should make the process more accountable. Suggestions?

              I will start another message thread so that these can be discussed somewhat seperately though just as publicly.