Finding Fabris and at times the Cinquedea

  • Leopoldo Lastre
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2006
      Talib's Grey Gargoyles Report on Sunday, July 2, 2006
      No Book Reading
      Attended the Gallowglass Academy Cinquedea Seminar with Scott Wilson (of
      Darkwood Armoury). It was staggering. Plenty of martial concepts intersect
      in the use of the rapier and the cinquedea. I will be happy to go over the
      material. In addition, I have two Darkwood Armory practice cinquedeas.

      NEXT TIME
      Sunday, July 9, 2006, at 1PM, No Group Reading with me.
      I am at Warriors and Warlords XIII
      http://www.warriorsandwarlords.org/
      Let us shoot for July 16, 2006, at 1PM. Call me or contact me offline
      should you wish to discuss or meet at any other time or just to discuss the
      material.

      Open Invite:
      As always, anyone is invited to join the discussion at any point. Please
      just read up to page 31.

      Text:
      The Art of Dueling: 17th Century Rapier
      as Taught by Salvatore Fabris
      by Tomasso Leoni
      http://www.chivalrybookshelf.com/titles/fabris/artofdueling.htm
      Some articles & a WWW site for fun:
      http://salvatorfabris.com/Articles.shtml

      Current Place in the Text:
      Seems we┬╣re all read up to page 31, and it is plenty.
      Will see if I can compile respectable notes from the cinquedea class for
      review.

      Arrivederci,
      Leopoldo

      --