Re: Barony/canton question

  • ayretontownecryer
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2007
      My understanding from what I have gathered and my, not vast,
      experience on this matter is, Yes.

      Yes, individual groups that become Cantons of a Shell Barony will
      still be able to operate individually including to the point of
      holding their own events.

      Ian the Green
      Ayreton Towne Cryer

      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Scribesquire@... wrote:

      > This question came up at our moot and I thought I would ask it
      here as it could be a question others have.

      > If the shell barony idea became a reality and a shire became a
      canton, would they still be able to plan and organize events
      independently? I assume the answer is yes as long as they were
      referred to the event as being sponsored by Canton X. If they
      wanted to do a baronial level event then they would have to get
      baronial approval, correct?

    • AlexdeSet@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2007
        Greetings!
             A Canton is a geo-political unit capable of spoksoring it's own events. A Barony is also a geo-political unit capable of sponsoring it's own events. That is, there can be Canton events, and there can be Baronial events.
        Is mise le meas,
        Alexander