Barony/canton question

  • Scribesquire@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2007
          This question came up at our moot and I thought I would ask it here as it could be a question others have.

      If the shell barony idea became a reality and a shire became a canton, would they still be able to plan and organize events independently?  I assume the answer is yes as long as they were referred to the event as being sponsored by Canton X.  If they wanted to do a baronial level event then they would have to get baronial approval, correct?

      Henry
    • ayretontownecryer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2007
        My understanding from what I have gathered and my, not vast,
        experience on this matter is, Yes.

        Yes, individual groups that become Cantons of a Shell Barony will
        still be able to operate individually including to the point of
        holding their own events.

        Ian the Green
        Ayreton Towne Cryer

      • AlexdeSet@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3, 2007
          Greetings!
               A Canton is a geo-political unit capable of spoksoring it's own events. A Barony is also a geo-political unit capable of sponsoring it's own events. That is, there can be Canton events, and there can be Baronial events.
          Is mise le meas,
          Alexander