Re: [Ayreton] Re: Questions about baronies

  • James Ingram
    Message 1 of 77 , Jul 3 5:03 AM
      I think it's been said on multiple other postings, including just very
      recently by our Lord Mayor, that the principality idea, while interesting ,
      is a longshot at best. That both the BOD and I'm sure more than likely the
      rest of our Kingdom would be very against the idea of our becoming a
      principality. Particularly if we do not intend to go the full course and
      forming our own kingdom, which I feel everyone here agrees would very be a
      bad idea. Instead of spending valuable time and energy on something that
      from what I've read is all but assured to NOT happen or be allowed by the
      BOD, let's spend that time and energy on something that does have a strong
      chance of becoming a reality. That being a Barony.
      As for the comments on politics and whatnot. We are all adults or at
      least are at the legal age of being one. The only politics in this game we
      play are those we bring into it, and if some find political manuevering more
      enjoyable than getting along then it's on them and not the rest of us. This
      should not be held as a "con" of there being a barony because these kinds of
      people will always find something to complain about or try to control or
      pretty much be kill joys.
      I have heard from multiple people that they fealt it would be nice if more
      people from Ayreton received recognition, at least at the kingdom level.
      Here is a way to achieve that. To have someone champion the merits of those
      in this area and highlight our achievements.
      If we go the shell barony route in my eyes the vast majority of the
      populace wins and gets what they want. More unity, kingdom level awards for
      those who I'm sure long ago earned them, someone who at the end of the day
      can cut through any political red tape and end squables, and canton autonomy
      on most things. Also, as Ian has pointed out the various groups have
      already done multiple things together and we all play nice.

      http://newlivehotmail.com
    • AlexdeSet@aol.com
      Message 77 of 77 , Jul 3 8:56 PM
        Greetings!
             Note! The following is MY OPINION ONLY, and is, in fact, only a suggestion.

             I respectfully request that persons who hold a title (like, say, "Regional Seneschal"...I'll use that example because I hold that office) refrain from using it for purposes of this discussion.

             That is to say, I might post that The Regional Seneschal says...this or that...or The Regional Seneschal thinks...this or that. In my experience, such comments might lead folks to believe that an Official Declaration or Official Comment was being made.

             You will note that unless I am speaking as the Regional Seneschal, I speak as Alexander, some guy from Ravenslake. In that way, Alexander can make his opinions known, and the Regional Seneschal's opinion on the matter (whatever it may be) is not mixed in. Sometimes I speak as the Regional Seneschal, and have been invited to some group meetings in that role. Normally, I kick in my two cents with everyone else.

             I hope that others who hold offices, unless they are specifically speaking as the officeholder, will make any advice, comments, suggestions, etc. as themselves, not from their office.

             Once again, this is Just My Opinion and suggestion.
        Is mise le meas,
        Alexander de Seton,
        some guy from Ravenslake