Re: [Ayreton] Re: Questions about baronies

  • Steven Krause
    Message 1 of 77 , Jul 2, 2007
      At the risk of there being a later reponse than this.....

      Some years ago there were serious conversations at the Kingdom curia
      level about whether one of the ways to make the Midlands a bit more
      'workable' (my term, not theirs) was to create it as a principality, one
      never intended to become a kingdom. It's not a heretical thought, but I
      suspect you'll only find support for it as the entire Midlands, not just
      everything North of I-80.

      Dietrich von Andernach

      --
      Steven Krause Dietrich von Andernach
      Harried Engineer Captain of the Red Company
      Message 77 of 77 , Jul 3, 2007
        Greetings!
             Note! The following is MY OPINION ONLY, and is, in fact, only a suggestion.

             I respectfully request that persons who hold a title (like, say, "Regional Seneschal"...I'll use that example because I hold that office) refrain from using it for purposes of this discussion.

             That is to say, I might post that The Regional Seneschal says...this or that...or The Regional Seneschal thinks...this or that. In my experience, such comments might lead folks to believe that an Official Declaration or Official Comment was being made.

             You will note that unless I am speaking as the Regional Seneschal, I speak as Alexander, some guy from Ravenslake. In that way, Alexander can make his opinions known, and the Regional Seneschal's opinion on the matter (whatever it may be) is not mixed in. Sometimes I speak as the Regional Seneschal, and have been invited to some group meetings in that role. Normally, I kick in my two cents with everyone else.

             I hope that others who hold offices, unless they are specifically speaking as the officeholder, will make any advice, comments, suggestions, etc. as themselves, not from their office.

             Once again, this is Just My Opinion and suggestion.
        Is mise le meas,
        Alexander de Seton,
        some guy from Ravenslake