Re: Questions about baronies

  • ayretontownecryer
    Message 1 of 77 , Jun 30, 2007

      Groups playing well together and events

      It has been my observation that yes, we have had two large area events where things went very well.  These however aren't the only events where groups from the Ayreton Area pitched in and helped each other out.  They also aren't the only way groups interact.

      Ayreton Event.  Went very well.  Put on by all the groups of Ayreton lots of folks pitching in and helping and from different groups.

      Last 2 All Souls Feasts.  Went very well.  Put on by Vanished Woods, many other folks pitching in and helping from different groups.

      Last 2 TGS 12th nights.  Went very well.  Put on by TGS, many other folks pitching ina nd helping from different groups.

      Combined Fighter Practices.  Been going on since before I started being the Ayreton Towne Cryer and was fairly well attended.  Afer I started making e-mails and finally Lord Tedesco created this list, Even better attended.

      Ayreton Archery.  When I started Crying there wasn'ta practice that was known well.  Now it is well known and folks from various groups attend.

      Dance.  People from all over Ayreton Attend the Dance Practice.

      Ayreton Towne Meetings.  Held at a variety of events and were well attended by people from every group.

      Yes, large area events are one way to test the mettle of the cooperation in the area but they certainly aren't the only way, nor I dare say the most important way.  It is the day to day interactions that are very telling and also very important.

      What is most important and how you balance that is entirely up to you.  I wish to open up alternate perspectives and insights so that all sides may be viewed and discussed.

      Ian the Green

      Ayreton Towne Cryer

    • AlexdeSet@aol.com
      Message 77 of 77 , Jul 3, 2007
        Greetings!
             Note! The following is MY OPINION ONLY, and is, in fact, only a suggestion.

             I respectfully request that persons who hold a title (like, say, "Regional Seneschal"...I'll use that example because I hold that office) refrain from using it for purposes of this discussion.

             That is to say, I might post that The Regional Seneschal says...this or that...or The Regional Seneschal thinks...this or that. In my experience, such comments might lead folks to believe that an Official Declaration or Official Comment was being made.

             You will note that unless I am speaking as the Regional Seneschal, I speak as Alexander, some guy from Ravenslake. In that way, Alexander can make his opinions known, and the Regional Seneschal's opinion on the matter (whatever it may be) is not mixed in. Sometimes I speak as the Regional Seneschal, and have been invited to some group meetings in that role. Normally, I kick in my two cents with everyone else.

             I hope that others who hold offices, unless they are specifically speaking as the officeholder, will make any advice, comments, suggestions, etc. as themselves, not from their office.

             Once again, this is Just My Opinion and suggestion.
        Is mise le meas,
        Alexander de Seton,
        some guy from Ravenslake