Re: Questions about baronies

  • Robin Goldman
    Message 1 of 77 , Jun 30, 2007
      I agree with the voluntary aspect as well until there is indeed enough evidence that we all work and play well together.  A few more years (at least 2) to see if a Barony would work for the two groups (TGS/Gargoyles) in the area, plus any others that might come and play.

      I think now would be too soon.  Let's work the Ayreton thing for a while and see how that goes, and then maybe in a year or two we can look at how the Barony would work.  Let's keep it simple for awhile, just for now.

      My 2 Cents worth.

      Eleanor

    • AlexdeSet@aol.com
      Message 77 of 77 , Jul 3, 2007
        Greetings!
             Note! The following is MY OPINION ONLY, and is, in fact, only a suggestion.

             I respectfully request that persons who hold a title (like, say, "Regional Seneschal"...I'll use that example because I hold that office) refrain from using it for purposes of this discussion.

             That is to say, I might post that The Regional Seneschal says...this or that...or The Regional Seneschal thinks...this or that. In my experience, such comments might lead folks to believe that an Official Declaration or Official Comment was being made.

             You will note that unless I am speaking as the Regional Seneschal, I speak as Alexander, some guy from Ravenslake. In that way, Alexander can make his opinions known, and the Regional Seneschal's opinion on the matter (whatever it may be) is not mixed in. Sometimes I speak as the Regional Seneschal, and have been invited to some group meetings in that role. Normally, I kick in my two cents with everyone else.

             I hope that others who hold offices, unless they are specifically speaking as the officeholder, will make any advice, comments, suggestions, etc. as themselves, not from their office.

             Once again, this is Just My Opinion and suggestion.
        Is mise le meas,
        Alexander de Seton,
        some guy from Ravenslake