Re: [Ayreton] Re: Questions about baronies

  • Metylda
    Message 1 of 77 , Jun 29, 2007
      I guess I prefer the voluntary thing. That way, if
      people don't want to play they don't have to.

      I say we strengthen the voluntary aspect for another
      few years THEN figure out if we play well enough
      together to do this baronial stuff. People keep
      saying how well we worked together for Carnival. I
      only worked the Ravenslake half of the event - and
      most of that was behind the scenes - so I don't know
      what the other groups did. Other than that, the
      coronation a few years ago, every one pitched in and
      it went well. But those are only TWO EVENTS. That
      doesn't mean we all play well together. It means we
      did twice in ... four or five years.

      Again, I want to see us work together for a few more
      events before we all agree what a great a wondrous
      thing this is going to be. If we can handle another
      three or four events, then yeah. I would agree. I just
      haven't seen ENOUGH evidence that we work together to
      warrant moving it to another level.

      Metylda

      --- kateslists@... wrote:

      > My main reason is that the Aryeton structure would
      > be formalized. Right now it's a fragile, voluntary
      > thing. ... Picking
      > people to run an Areyton event would be easier.
      > Rather than being miffed at some other shire/people
      > for back room cloaked negotiations we could all just
      > be pissed at the baronial officers :) And the
      > baronial exchequer would handle the checks for a
      > baronial level event rather than attempting the
      > accounting mess that using multiple groups bank
      > accounts can be.
      > The chicago area is finally playing nice. I want it
      > to stay that way and think that a barony would help.
      > I'm also afraid that polling for a baron/barronness
      > would be really messy.
      > BTW, could someone explain to me the difference
      > between a shire, a province, and a canton? Is there
      > any practical difference? What's in a name?
      >
      > Bojei

      There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

      *****

      Me þæt wyrd gewæf

      that gives answers, not web links.
    • AlexdeSet@aol.com
      Message 77 of 77 , Jul 3, 2007
        Greetings!
             Note! The following is MY OPINION ONLY, and is, in fact, only a suggestion.

             I respectfully request that persons who hold a title (like, say, "Regional Seneschal"...I'll use that example because I hold that office) refrain from using it for purposes of this discussion.

             That is to say, I might post that The Regional Seneschal says...this or that...or The Regional Seneschal thinks...this or that. In my experience, such comments might lead folks to believe that an Official Declaration or Official Comment was being made.

             You will note that unless I am speaking as the Regional Seneschal, I speak as Alexander, some guy from Ravenslake. In that way, Alexander can make his opinions known, and the Regional Seneschal's opinion on the matter (whatever it may be) is not mixed in. Sometimes I speak as the Regional Seneschal, and have been invited to some group meetings in that role. Normally, I kick in my two cents with everyone else.

             I hope that others who hold offices, unless they are specifically speaking as the officeholder, will make any advice, comments, suggestions, etc. as themselves, not from their office.

             Once again, this is Just My Opinion and suggestion.
        Is mise le meas,
        Alexander de Seton,
        some guy from Ravenslake