Re: [Ayreton] Barony Question

  • Tedesco da Venezia
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 29 10:53 AM
      That is what is supposed to happen as per the town meeting that was held at Border Skirmish...

      ~Tedesco~

      On 6/29/07, Scribesquire@... <Scribesquire@...> wrote:

      One of the appealing ideas of a shell barony is that the overall barony would in theory have the input of all the groups (in the way of baronial officers and what not).

      Anything with a particular group becoming a barony/crown province/grand poo bah would have the issue of the other area groups than being beneath that group.

      Again, it is up to each group to decide if thay want to go the baronial route or not.  My suggestion is that at the July meetings for all the 6 area groups, the topic be brought up and dicussed.  Then at the August meetings, each individual group can vote on it.  The seneschals of each group can then either appoint someone to be the laison from thier group to the mayor for this or the seneschal can do it themselves.

      Henry

    • Wendy Pastrick
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 29 10:54 AM
        I seem to recall somewhere that previous Crowns had
        determined there will be no more principalities in the
        Middle Kingdom, *unless* each state (midlands,
        constellation, etc) were to become a principality,
        thusly making the Middle Kingdom a collection of
        principalities.

        I don't remember where I heard that previously, but it
        was around the time Northshield went Kingdom.

        Your mileage may vary...

        Smiles,
        Jale

        --- ayretontownecryer <ayretontownecryer@...>
        wrote:

        > Principality Requirements (shortened but good
        > summary due to being
        > at work)
        >
        > From Corpora http://www.sca.org/docs/govdocs.pdf
        >
        > Pg 18 of the .pdf Pg. 7 of the document III C 4.
        >
        > 100 members
        >
        > Canditates for great officers are acceptable
        >
        > Name and device registered with College of Heralds.
        >
        > Concensus favoring advancement
        >
        > Record of well attended events.
        >
        > Sufficient members of Orders confering patents to
        > foster development
        > in the appropriate areas
        >
        > Sufficient fighters as to provide competition for
        > Coronet
        >
        > A body of principality law.
        >
        > IN short we have the raw number of members for
        > supporting a
        > Principality. We have many Peers (orders confering
        > patents) but I
        > don't know the exact numbers or if they would be
        > sufficient.
        >
        > Ian the Green
        > Ayreton Towne Cryer

      • Dougal MacAlister
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 29 11:04 AM
          Thanks Ian for the look-up.  Saves me some time here at the office.

          Lord Dougal MacAlister the Tardy
          Archery Marshal for the Province of Tree-Girt-Sea
          Drop-Dead Deputy Midlands Regional Archery Marshal

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 29 11:06 AM
            >There was some discussion of the Midlands becoming principality, but
            >it went nowhere because many felt that as the original core of the
            >Middle Kingdom, why should it become a principality? Of course there
            >are many in Michigan who dispute that Illinois and TGS are the
            >original core and founding group of the Midrealm. (It's a friendly
            >dispute.) Some hold the view that if either Illinois or Michigan go
            >Principality, they would concede away their claim as the core of the
            >kingdom. I realize it's goofy, but it's out there.

            You can talk about the North Woods and the first of Treegirtsea.
            They're the founders of the Midrealm, on that we all agree.
            But when you cross that Wabash River, hoss, that just don't mean a thing.
            Cuz once you're talkin' Riven, Ole Moonwulf's still the king!

            Cheers, Folo
          • twlyon24
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 29 11:15 AM
              Great... now I'm having post-revel flashbacks.

              L.

            • Scribesquire@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 29 11:31 AM
                Exactly.  I just reiterated it here for those who did not make the meeting.

                Henry