Re: [Ayreton] Re: Asking the Question

  • Tedesco da Venezia
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 29, 2007
      Kenwrec-- don't forget, the baron and baroness are representatives of the crown, and are therefore CHOSEN BY THE CROWN.  Now that doesn't mean they don't listen to the populace's choices, and from what I've seen/heard the appointed baron and baroness are often the populace's top pick-- but ideally you give the crown a number of nominees and they will choose from them.

      On 6/29/07, Kenwrec Wulfe <kenwrecwulfe@...> wrote:

      Greetings everyone,

      I have heard the word Barony floating about pretty much since I
      joined the area almost 6 years ago.

      The pros and cons of such an idea have been discussed ad nauseum and
      I am sure everyone is familiar with them, so I would rehash.

      I think that having an Ayreton Barony is a fabulous idea, overall.
      To alleviate the cons, to some degree at least, when taking the
      steps forward to do this, I think we should consider implementing a
      few things in the process of selection and election. (obviously this
      will be if the choice to go Barony is made.)
      Some ideas:
      - Use and nomination process where each nominee must be seconded and
      thirded(?) to be considered in the running.
      - Independent election for each office
      - Have a Baron and Baroness who are from different groups within
      Ayreton (A Baron from Vanished Wood and Baroness from Tree-Girt, for
      example)

      I think these might he alleviate a number of the issues that might
      arise, be they actual or perceived issues.

      Just my two bits. Take them for what they are worth.

      Kenwrec Wulfe