Corrections! Set up

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2006
      The one sure thing about being human is making mistakes.  I certainly make my share.  Please find the corrections below

      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

      ** Foxvale Demo

      Rokkehealden Scriptorium

      I seemed to have made many mistakes in my posting about the Scriptorium.  The root of this problem has been resolved so I hope to have eliminated future repeats.

      The correct information for March is:

       This month, Rokkehealden had to book our 2nd meeting at the library for
      WEDNESDAY MARCH 22.

      Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

      For more information, contact Lady Fiona svalentine_98@...

      Foxvale Demo

      I knew there was a Demo I was supposed to be announcing and here it is!

      The Incipient Shire of Foxvale has been asked to provide a demo on medieval life for a home-school group in Joliet.  The date of the demo is Thursday, April 27th.  The timeframe they have given us is 10:20 am - 12:15 pm.

      This is a church-based group; the first part of the time block is their devotional period, during which they suggested we do a segment on church history.  The remainder of the time will be class and lunch.  The class we will be addressing is about 20 students in the 3rd-4th grade range; the more 'hands on' the presentation, the better.

      We will be demonstrating armor (construction, at least, and perhaps a bit of actual fighting if a marshall is available), dancing and games.  We hope to have a variety of arts, crafts and sciences as well, depending on the skills of the good gentles who join us.  Heraldry would be most welcome, as the students will be doing their own coat of arms projects.  We have inquired about archery, and may do some cooking in conjunction with lunch.

      Anyone interested in participating in this demo should contact Berngard (called Moose), Coordinator of Demos & Displays for the Incipient Shire of Foxvale at danceswithwords42@....  (mka Dori Becker) and are urged to attend Foxvale Moot on March 21st (www.foxvale.org for details and directions).

      Information about the school group and their location is available at www.jaccinc.org

      Yahoo! Mail