Ayreton Area Activities - Some changes

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2006
      SUNDAYS

      ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

      Yes we are open for the summer

        The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now due to much interest.   PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  There will be plenty of tables and chairs available and plug ins for your sewing machines!  People have even been making Gambeson's and are thinking of making fencing armor.  Come and Garb with us!

        This is designed to be a low key way for people to work on their sewing projects and to learn from each other.  It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.  However, anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to make garb is more than welcome!

        Of course other Arts and Sciences projects are welcome to come and share the space on Sundays as well.

      MONDAYS

      ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music
          Monday night music will not be happening on July 3, 10, or 17.  Back to
          regular schedule on the 24th.
      Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

      TUESDAYS

      ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd 4th and 5th Tuesdays from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.

      This month that is May 23 AND 30th.

      WEDNESDAYS

      Wednesdays

      ** Heraldry Night – Alternating Wednesdays at 7:00 in Naperville at Thorvald’s.  The address is 1673 Cove Ct. , Naperville , IL   (630) 416-8721.

      Experienced and new heralds are welcomed.  If you have any interest in heraldry, this is a great opportunity to learn about armory and the submission process.  We will be commenting on the Midrealm Internal Letters of Intent to practice and learn.

      ** Vanished Woods Project Night

      We are hosting a Project Night every Wednesday Night.  Bring your sewing, bring your chainmail rings, bring your illumination project or any other project!  We have space, we have sturdy tables, we have fun!  We have a sewing machine to loan.  We also tend to have rather interesting discussions.  This is a laid back evening intended to encourage ALL A&S projects (that can be worked on in our home - sorry, we can't encourage welding).  We are not experts, but we are great cheerleaders!  This is a great opportunity to set aside time to work on those things that you want to get done but are having trouble with in terms of motivation and/or setting aside time.  If you are looking for a project to start, we even might have the resources to get you started.

      Directions are posted on the Yahoo Ayreton calendar.  Children are welcome - we have two little ones who love to play.  Our cat and two small dogs will be sequestered.

      Thanks!  Onnen and Meurig

      ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption

      The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten, twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and related research to call me and join us on Wednesday evenings.

      Location: The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.
      Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.

      THURSDAYS

      ** The Pippins

      A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
      Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

      Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

      Thurs. July 6th
      Thurs. July 27th (also moot)
      Thurs. August 3rd
      Thurs. August 24th (also moot)
      For more information, contact Lady Fiona svalentine_98@...
      CRYER'S NOTE

      I apologize if I have missed anyones announcements.  As always feel free to contact me and I will do my best to make all corrections.  Ayretontownecryer@...  As always I will be happy to make any announcements that I am asked to make that are open inviations and are SCA activity related.

      Open multiple messages at once with the all new Yahoo! Mail Beta.