Ayreton Area Activities

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 24 , Jun 26, 2006
      SUNDAYS

      ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

        The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now due to much interest.   PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  There will be plenty of tables and chairs available and plug ins for your sewing machines!  People have even been making Gambeson's and are thinking of making fencing armor.  Come and Garb with us!

        This is designed to be a low key way for people to work on their sewing projects and to learn from each other.  It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.  However, anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to make garb is more than welcome!

        Of course other Arts and Sciences projects are welcome to come and share the space on Sundays as well.

      MONDAYS

      ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music
      Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

      TUESDAYS

      ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd 4th and 5th Tuesdays from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.

      This month that is June 27.

      WEDNESDAYS

      Wednesdays

      ** Heraldry Night – Alternating Wednesdays at 7:00 in Naperville at Thorvald’s.  The address is 1673 Cove Ct. , Naperville , IL   (630) 416-8721.

      Experienced and new heralds are welcomed.  If you have any interest in heraldry, this is a great opportunity to learn about armory and the submission process.  We will be commenting on the Midrealm Internal Letters of Intent to practice and learn.

      ** Vanished Woods Project Night

      We are hosting a Project Night every Wednesday Night.  Bring your sewing, bring your chainmail rings, bring your illumination project or any other project!  We have space, we have sturdy tables, we have fun!  We have a sewing machine to loan.  We also tend to have rather interesting discussions.  This is a laid back evening intended to encourage ALL A&S projects (that can be worked on in our home - sorry, we can't encourage welding).  We are not experts, but we are great cheerleaders!  This is a great opportunity to set aside time to work on those things that you want to get done but are having trouble with in terms of motivation and/or setting aside time.  If you are looking for a project to start, we even might have the resources to get you started.

      Directions are posted on the Yahoo Ayreton calendar.  Children are welcome - we have two little ones who love to play.  Our cat and two small dogs will be sequestered.

      Thanks!  Onnen and Meurig

      THURSDAYS

      ** The Pippins

      A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
      Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

      Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

      Thurs. June 29th (also moot)  *NOTE: This is 5th Friday of the month,
      not the usual 4th Friday*
      Thurs. July 6th
      Thurs. July 27th (also moot)
      Thurs. August 3rd
      Thurs. August 24th (also moot)
      For more information, contact Lady Fiona svalentine_98@...
      CRYER'S NOTE

      I apologize if I have missed anyones announcements.  As always feel free to contact me and I will do my best to make all corrections.  Ayretontownecryer@...  As always I will be happy to make any announcements that I am asked to make that are open inviations and are SCA activity related.

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Ayreton Towne Cryer
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 4, 2006
        SUNDAYS

        ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

          The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now due to much interest.   PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  There will be plenty of tables and chairs available and plug ins for your sewing machines!  People have even been making Gambeson's and are thinking of making fencing armor.  This past week at least two under dresses were cut out as well as other projects.  Come and Garb with us!

          This is designed to be a low key way for people to work on their sewing projects and to learn from each other.  It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.  However, anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to make garb is more than welcome!

          Of course other Arts and Sciences projects are welcome to come and share the space on Sundays as well.

        MONDAYS

        ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music
            Monday night music will not be happening on July 10, or 17.  Back to
            regular schedule on the 24th.
        Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

        TUESDAYS

        ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd 4th and 5th Tuesdays from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.

        This month that is May 23 AND 30th.

[...]

        ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption

        The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten, twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and related research to call me and join us on Wednesday evenings.

        Location: The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.
        Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.

        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 11, 2006
[...]

          This month that is July 11 and 25

          July 11th is a field trip so CALL FIRST please

[...]

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Ayreton Towne Cryer
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 17, 2006
            SUNDAYS

            ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

              The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now due to much interest.   PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  There will be plenty of tables and chairs available and plug ins for your sewing machines!  People have even been making Gambeson's and are thinking of making fencing armor.  Come and Garb with us!

              This is designed to be a low key way for people to work on their sewing projects and to learn from each other.  It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.  However, anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to make garb is more than welcome!

              Of course other Arts and Sciences projects are welcome to come and share the copious amount of space on Sundays as well.

            MONDAYS

            ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music
                Monday night music will not be happening on July 10, or 17.  Back to
                regular schedule on the 24th.
            Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

            TUESDAYS

            ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd 4th and 5th Tuesdays from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.

            This month that is July 25.

            WEDNESDAYS

            Wednesdays

            ** Heraldry Night – Alternating Wednesdays at 7:00 in Naperville at Thorvald’s.  The address is 1673 Cove Ct. , Naperville , IL   (630) 416-8721.  Next Heraldry night is July 18

[...]

            The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten, twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and related research to call me and join us on MONDAY evenings.

[...]

            Open multiple messages at once with the all new Yahoo! Mail Beta.
          • Ayreton Towne Cryer
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 24, 2006
[...]

              ** Heraldry Night – on Hiatus until September

                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 30, 2006
                  SUNDAYS

                  ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

                  2 p.m. until the end of practice.

                    The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now.  PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  The month of September the building is closed to us so it is recommended to bring projects you can work on by hand until the building is open again.

[...]

                      No practice this week.  There will be practice on August 22 and August 29th.

                  WEDNESDAYS

                  There are currently no announced activities on Wednesday nights. Heraldry and the Vanished Woods Project night are on hiatus until after the Labor Day Weekend.

                  THURSDAYS

                  ** The Pippins

                  A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
                  Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

                  ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

                  Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

                  Thursday, Sept. 7
                  Thursday, Sept 28 (moot)
                  Thursday, Oct. 5
                  WEDNESDAY, Oct. 25 (moot)
                  WEDNESDAY, Nov. 22
                  Thursday, Nov. 30 (moot)

                  Message 8 of 24 , Sep 5, 2006
                    Announcements and activities!  There are a good number of people that have activities that I am announcing.   Please e-mail me to let me know if the announcements are up to date and current.

                    Thank you!

[...]

                      2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm. This month practice will be held on September 12th and September 26th.

                    WEDNESDAYS

                    Project Night:  Vanished Woods Project Night will be offered this Wednesday, the 6th, at 6:30ish...  After this week, we will move Project Night to every second and fourth Thursday of the month. Bring your project, tables will be provided as needed.  BYOB
                    and a dish to share.

                    While this is hosted by members of the Shire of Vanished Wood, we welcome everyone in the area - let's see what people are working on! We reside on the border of Vanished Wood and Ravenslake

                    From the south, take your best route to the intersection of I290/I90/Rt 53.  Go north on Rt 53 until the expressway ends, then go East on Lake Cook Road.  Turn into the first apartment complex (Country Glen) and go straight into the complex.  Follow the signs to Bldg 2310 (turn before the 3rd speed bump).  Heraldry will be hanging on our balcony to help you identify us.  From the north, please email me at:

                    onnen.bach@... or call me at (847) 483-5279 for directions.  Mapquest will put you in a different suburb....

                    THURSDAYS

                    ** The Pippins

                    A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
                    Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

                    ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

                    Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

                    Thursday, Sept. 7
                    Thursday, Sept 28 (moot)
                    Thursday, Oct. 5
                    WEDNESDAY, Oct. 25 (moot)
                    WEDNESDAY, Nov. 22
                    Thursday, Nov. 30 (moot)

                    For more information, contact Lady Fiona svalentine_98@...

                    SATURDAY

                    Games Night:

                    Starting Saturday, Sept 9 and continuing on the second Saturday of the month (will be rescheduled if there is an event that weekend within 100 miles), we would like to invite one and all for a Games Night.  Each month we will learn one or two medieval board
                    games, appropriate for children and adults.  Cloth "boards" will be made up and available to take home.  Again, BYOB and a dish to share -

                    Games night starts around 6:30ish.  For directions, see above.  We will post the week before which game(s) will be presented.  This week, we will focus on Fanorona and Alquerques (same board).

                  • ayretontownecryer
                    Message 9 of 24 , Sep 11, 2006
                      Announcements and activities! There are a good number ofpeople that
                      have activities that I am announcing. Pleasee-mail me to letme
                      know if the announcements are up to dateand current.Thank you!

                      SUNDAYS

                      ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle2 p.m. until the end of practice. The
                      Garb Circle is a continuing venture now. PLEASE bringany garb
                      project you would like to work on.

                      The month ofSeptember the building is closed to us so it is
                      recommendedto bring projects you can work on by hand until the
                      buildingis open again. This is designed to be a low key way for
                      people to work ontheir sewing projects and to learn from each other.

                      It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.
                      However,anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to
                      makegarb is more than welcome!

                      MONDAYS

                      ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music

                      Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse
                      Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and
                      Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first,
                      as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

                      Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

                      ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous ConsumptionThe Silver
                      Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten,
                      twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is
                      waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and
                      related research to call me and join us on MONDAY evenings.Location:
                      The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.

                      Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.

                      TUESDAYS

                      ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights
                      from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-
                      0125 to confirm.

                      This month practice will be held on September 12th and September
                      26th.

                      WEDNESDAYS

                      Currently there are no activities being announced for Wednesday.

                      THURSDAYS

                      ** Vanished Woods Project NightProject Night to every second and
                      fourth Thursday of the month. Bring your project,tables will be
                      provided as needed. BYOB and a dish to share.

                      While this is hosted by members of the Shire of Vanished Wood, we
                      welcome everyonein the area - let's see what people are working on!

                      We reside on the border of VanishedWood and Ravenslake From the
                      south, take your best route to the intersection of I290/I90/Rt 53.
                      Go north onRt 53 until the expressway ends, then go East on Lake
                      Cook Road. Turn into the firstapartment complex (Country Glen) and
                      go straight into the complex. Follow the signsto Bldg 2310 (turn
                      before the 3rd speed bump). Heraldry will be hanging on our
                      balconyto help you identify us.

                      From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@... or call me
                      at (847) 483-5279 for directions. Mapquest will put you in a
                      different suburb....

                      ** The Pippins

                      A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group Meets every
                      Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza,located in
                      Andersonville (north side of the city).Call 312-259-6688 for more
                      information.

                      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium The Scriptorium is composed of all skill
                      levels. The Scriptorium is open to anyone who is interested in any
                      aspect of the scribal arts.

                      You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in the
                      Scriptorium. You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to
                      paint. You don't have to draw.You don't even have to do
                      calligraphy. Experiment and do what you like. You don't have to
                      buy anything. We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of
                      course, if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own
                      supplies. From time to time we hold classes to teach various
                      aspects of calligraphy and illumination. About the only request
                      (per say) is you beactive, encouraging, positive to others and
                      yourself.

[...]

                      From the south, take your best route to the intersection of

                      From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@... or call me
                      at (847) 483-5279 for directions. Mapquest will put you in a
                      different suburb....
                    • Dayle Harding
                      Message 10 of 24 , Sep 12, 2006
                        Ian--
                        The youth practice didn't get mentioned.  Did I miss it?

                        ____________ _________ _________ _________ ____

                        ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______

                        From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@yahoo. com or call me

                        svalentine_98@ yahoo.com
                        ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______

                        SATURDAY

                        **Games Night:

                        Starting Saturday, Sept 9 and continuing on the second Saturday of
                        the month (will be rescheduled if there is an event that weekend
                        within 100 miles), we would like to invite one and all for a Games
                        Night. Each month we will learn one or two medieval board games,
                        appropriate for children and adults. Cloth "boards" will be made up
                        and available to take home. Again, BYOB and a dish to share -Games
                        night starts around 6:30ish.

                        We will post the week before which game(s) will be presented. This
                        week, we will focus on Fanorona and Alquerques (same board).

                        From the south, take your best route to the intersection of

                        From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@yahoo. com or call me