Questions about baronies

  • Andrew Otto
    Message 1 of 77 , Jun 26, 2007
      Angus, looking a bit sheepish addresses the gathered gentles:

      OK, I agree that Barony is a great idea, especially for holding events. But I do have some questions:

      1. What happens to the local groups? Do they go away? If not, what is the effect of being part of a Barony?

      2. Other than hosting events, what are the benefit of becoming a Barony.

      3. What are the drawbacks (both real and precieved)?

      -*Angus*-

    • AlexdeSet@aol.com
      Message 77 of 77 , Jul 3 8:56 PM
        Greetings!
             Note! The following is MY OPINION ONLY, and is, in fact, only a suggestion.

             I respectfully request that persons who hold a title (like, say, "Regional Seneschal"...I'll use that example because I hold that office) refrain from using it for purposes of this discussion.

             That is to say, I might post that The Regional Seneschal says...this or that...or The Regional Seneschal thinks...this or that. In my experience, such comments might lead folks to believe that an Official Declaration or Official Comment was being made.

             You will note that unless I am speaking as the Regional Seneschal, I speak as Alexander, some guy from Ravenslake. In that way, Alexander can make his opinions known, and the Regional Seneschal's opinion on the matter (whatever it may be) is not mixed in. Sometimes I speak as the Regional Seneschal, and have been invited to some group meetings in that role. Normally, I kick in my two cents with everyone else.

             I hope that others who hold offices, unless they are specifically speaking as the officeholder, will make any advice, comments, suggestions, etc. as themselves, not from their office.

             Once again, this is Just My Opinion and suggestion.
        Is mise le meas,
        Alexander de Seton,
        some guy from Ravenslake