Re: [Ayreton] Re:Interest in dance for Tuesday nights at Glenbrook North?

  • Tedesco da Venezia
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 13, 2007
      Talked to Liam and he says he has no problem with it.  The only caution he has is during the summer we fight outside.  Dunno how you feel about dancing in grass, but don't forget there's also the small access road right next to where we fight.  Plus, when we move indoors, we get whatever space we can-- if there's stuff scheduled for the gymnasiums and the fieldhouse is being used, we get bumped.

      ~Desco~

      On 6/12/07, Wendy Pastrick <trybl_dance@...> wrote:

      Okay, I'll talk Liam about hosting dance there on the
      1st and 3rd Tuesdays. If it's every week, people get
      burned out...but it's a good place to start!

      If Liam okay's it (and i'm confident that should be
      okay), I'll show up prepared to teach whatever
      interests folks that day. We could theoretically start
      next week since that's the 3rd week.

      Actually, Tedesco or Moira, can you broach this
      subject tonight? I just realized I'm not able to
      attend this week, and here it is Tueday already :)

      Looking forward to dancing with y'all!

      Smiles,
      Jale

    • Teleri
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 18, 2007
        Jale,

        Have you figured out yet whether you are doing European dance or Middle Eastern dance or a mix of whatever you think will be fun at the moment? I've tried Middle Eastern a few times before, and it's fun, but I'm fairly hopeless at it. Will it cramp your style if I show up if you do European dance? I've already promised to continue dance down at U of C, but Glenbrook is practically in my backyard, versus a two hour drive down south.

        If we're both doing every other week dance practices, should we try to coordinate on alternate weeks? Things can get strange scheduling around July 4, and even more so around Pennsic.

        Let me know what you think.

        Yours in Service,
        Teleri