Re: [Ayreton] Re:Interest in dance for Tuesday nights at Glenbrook North?

  • Wendy Pastrick
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 12, 2007
      Okay, I'll talk Liam about hosting dance there on the
      1st and 3rd Tuesdays. If it's every week, people get
      burned out...but it's a good place to start!

      If Liam okay's it (and i'm confident that should be
      okay), I'll show up prepared to teach whatever
      interests folks that day. We could theoretically start
      next week since that's the 3rd week.

      Actually, Tedesco or Moira, can you broach this
      subject tonight? I just realized I'm not able to
      attend this week, and here it is Tueday already :)

      Looking forward to dancing with y'all!

      Smiles,
      Jale
    • Clint Anderson
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 13, 2007
        I'm not much for period danceing, but if you mix it up every now and
        then with a little swing or cha cha cha I'm SOOOOO there!

        Anton
      • Tedesco da Venezia

          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 18, 2007
            Jale,

            Have you figured out yet whether you are doing European dance or Middle Eastern dance or a mix of whatever you think will be fun at the moment? I've tried Middle Eastern a few times before, and it's fun, but I'm fairly hopeless at it. Will it cramp your style if I show up if you do European dance? I've already promised to continue dance down at U of C, but Glenbrook is practically in my backyard, versus a two hour drive down south.

            If we're both doing every other week dance practices, should we try to coordinate on alternate weeks? Things can get strange scheduling around July 4, and even more so around Pennsic.

            Let me know what you think.

            Yours in Service,
            Teleri