Re: [Ayreton] Re:Interest in dance for Tuesday nights at Glenbrook North?

  • Chris Sheft
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 12, 2007
      I hope someone runs a dance at the fight practise,
      they are 2 activities that go together well.

      I would attend both the fight practise and the dance,
      but not until after Pennsic. I'm currently enrolled
      in night courses until 10pm or so for a few more
      weeks.

      I live about 15 minutes from the site and I am
      interested in any post-revel info, even if I cannot
      make the practises right now.

      Eowulf a' Bheithir
      chris_sheft@...
      732-531-5906

      --- Mairead Ni Dhubhdabhoireann
      <lady_mairead@...> wrote:

      > Yes! Yes please!! I am not a fighter so do not
      > normally attend, but would LOVE to learn dancing, of
      > whatever sort is decided. And I live 10 minutes from
      > there.
      >
      > Kerri-Ellen Kelly a/k/a Mistress Margrett Norwoode

    • Wendy Pastrick
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 12, 2007
        Okay, I'll talk Liam about hosting dance there on the
        1st and 3rd Tuesdays. If it's every week, people get
        burned out...but it's a good place to start!

        If Liam okay's it (and i'm confident that should be
        okay), I'll show up prepared to teach whatever
        interests folks that day. We could theoretically start
        next week since that's the 3rd week.

        Actually, Tedesco or Moira, can you broach this
        subject tonight? I just realized I'm not able to
        attend this week, and here it is Tueday already :)

        Looking forward to dancing with y'all!

        Smiles,
        Jale
      • Clint Anderson
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 13, 2007
          I'm not much for period danceing, but if you mix it up every now and
          then with a little swing or cha cha cha I'm SOOOOO there!

          Anton
        • Tedesco da Venezia

            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 18, 2007
              Jale,

              Have you figured out yet whether you are doing European dance or Middle Eastern dance or a mix of whatever you think will be fun at the moment? I've tried Middle Eastern a few times before, and it's fun, but I'm fairly hopeless at it. Will it cramp your style if I show up if you do European dance? I've already promised to continue dance down at U of C, but Glenbrook is practically in my backyard, versus a two hour drive down south.

              If we're both doing every other week dance practices, should we try to coordinate on alternate weeks? Things can get strange scheduling around July 4, and even more so around Pennsic.

              Let me know what you think.

              Yours in Service,
              Teleri