Re: Interest in dance for Tuesday nights at Glenbrook North?

  • lttlems1
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 12, 2007
      If someone can teach middle eastern (as in belly Dancing ?) I am pretty
      sure we could get a decent turn out. But gotta clear this with Captin
      Liam Martini/Liam of the Bow first. Has anyone asked him yet?

      Cheers
      B. Keiley
    • Tedesco da Venezia
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 12, 2007
        We'll bring it up to him tonight, but considering how much space we usually have available he shouldn't have a problem with it.  Though if you want a separate room from the fighting, it might not always be available.

        I also know a couple people who'd be interested.

        ~Desco~

        On 6/12/07, lttlems1 <JKlauss@... > wrote:

        If someone can teach middle eastern (as in belly Dancing ?) I am pretty
        sure we could get a decent turn out. But gotta clear this with Captin
        Liam Martini/Liam of the Bow first. Has anyone asked him yet?

        Cheers
        B. Keiley

      • Chris Sheft
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 12, 2007
          I hope someone runs a dance at the fight practise,
          they are 2 activities that go together well.

          I would attend both the fight practise and the dance,
          but not until after Pennsic. I'm currently enrolled
          in night courses until 10pm or so for a few more
          weeks.

          I live about 15 minutes from the site and I am
          interested in any post-revel info, even if I cannot
          make the practises right now.

          Eowulf a' Bheithir
          chris_sheft@...
          732-531-5906

          --- Mairead Ni Dhubhdabhoireann
          <lady_mairead@...> wrote:

          > Yes! Yes please!! I am not a fighter so do not
          > normally attend, but would LOVE to learn dancing, of
          > whatever sort is decided. And I live 10 minutes from
          > there.
          >
          > Kerri-Ellen Kelly a/k/a Mistress Margrett Norwoode

        • Wendy Pastrick
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 12, 2007
            I wanted to find out if anyone would even be
            interested. Now that we have 4-5 "yes" votes, I'll
            bring it up with him and find out if we can.

            Smiles,
            Jale

            --- lttlems1 <JKlauss@...> wrote:

            > If someone can teach middle eastern (as in belly
            > Dancing ?) I am pretty
            > sure we could get a decent turn out. But gotta
            > clear this with Captin
            > Liam Martini/Liam of the Bow first. Has anyone
            > asked him yet?
            >
            > Cheers
            > B. Keiley

          • lttlems1
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 12, 2007
              Not that you need to, but if you would like to up the chances of a
              yes answer he very much enjoys Captin Morgan Silver! Wink!

              Cheers
              B.Keiley
              --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Wendy Pastrick <trybl_dance@...>
              wrote:

              > I wanted to find out if anyone would even be
              > interested. Now that we have 4-5 "yes" votes, I'll
              > bring it up with him and find out if we can.
              >
              > Smiles,
              > Jale
              >
              > --- lttlems1 <JKlauss@...> wrote:
              >
              > > If someone can teach middle eastern (as in belly
              > > Dancing ?) I am pretty
              > > sure we could get a decent turn out. But gotta
              > > clear this with Captin
              > > Liam Martini/Liam of the Bow first. Has anyone
              > > asked him yet?
              > >
              > > Cheers
              > > B. Keiley

            • Wendy Pastrick
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 12, 2007
                Okay, I'll talk Liam about hosting dance there on the
                1st and 3rd Tuesdays. If it's every week, people get
                burned out...but it's a good place to start!

                If Liam okay's it (and i'm confident that should be
                okay), I'll show up prepared to teach whatever
                interests folks that day. We could theoretically start
                next week since that's the 3rd week.

                Actually, Tedesco or Moira, can you broach this
                subject tonight? I just realized I'm not able to
                attend this week, and here it is Tueday already :)

                Looking forward to dancing with y'all!

                Smiles,
                Jale
              • Clint Anderson
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 13, 2007
                  I'm not much for period danceing, but if you mix it up every now and
                  then with a little swing or cha cha cha I'm SOOOOO there!

                  Anton
                • Tedesco da Venezia

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 18, 2007
                      Jale,

                      Have you figured out yet whether you are doing European dance or Middle Eastern dance or a mix of whatever you think will be fun at the moment? I've tried Middle Eastern a few times before, and it's fun, but I'm fairly hopeless at it. Will it cramp your style if I show up if you do European dance? I've already promised to continue dance down at U of C, but Glenbrook is practically in my backyard, versus a two hour drive down south.

                      If we're both doing every other week dance practices, should we try to coordinate on alternate weeks? Things can get strange scheduling around July 4, and even more so around Pennsic.

                      Let me know what you think.

                      Yours in Service,
                      Teleri