Interest in dance for Tuesday nights at Glenbrook North?

  • Wendy Pastrick
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 11 2:15 PM
      Since I've been accompanying my husband to Tuesday
      night practices at Glenbrook North, I was wondering if
      there would be any interest in having some kind of
      dance for the first 45 minutes or so?

      We could do some courtly dancing, as I do have a lot
      of the music and dance steps (if no one minds a novice
      teacher). Or, if there is more interest in middle
      eastern dance, I am more than qualified to do that :)

      I'll leave it up to you all - just let me know if
      there's any interest.

      Of course, for the fighter-types if there is more
      interest in, say, Tango or Swing we could accomodate
      that too!

      In service,
      Jale
    • kfinegan@ria.net
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 12 3:09 AM

        YES!!!

        I attend the Calligraphy nights on the second, fourth, and fifth Tuesdays, but I would be VERY interested in dance on first and third Tuesdays.  Both SCA and Middle Eastern would be great, and I'd be happy to join in on Latin, Ballroom, Tango, Swing, etc.

        --Beatrice

        Since I've been accompanying my husband to Tuesday
        night practices at Glenbrook North, I was wondering if
        there would be any interest in having some kind of
        dance for the first 45 minutes or so?

        We could do some courtly dancing, as I do have a lot
        of the music and dance steps (if no one minds a novice
        teacher). Or, if there is more interest in middle
        eastern dance, I am more than qualified to do that :)

        I'll leave it up to you all - just let me know if
        there's any interest.

        Of course, for the fighter-types if there is more
        interest in, say, Tango or Swing we could accomodate
        that too!

        In service,
        Jale

      • Mairead Ni Dhubhdabhoireann
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 12 7:24 AM
          Yes! Yes please!! I am not a fighter so do not normally attend, but would LOVE to learn dancing, of whatever sort is decided. And I live 10 minutes from there.

          Kerri-Ellen Kelly a/k/a Mistress Margrett Norwoode
        • lttlems1
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 12 8:48 AM
            If someone can teach middle eastern (as in belly Dancing ?) I am pretty
            sure we could get a decent turn out. But gotta clear this with Captin
            Liam Martini/Liam of the Bow first. Has anyone asked him yet?

            Cheers
            B. Keiley
          • Tedesco da Venezia
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 12 9:21 AM
              We'll bring it up to him tonight, but considering how much space we usually have available he shouldn't have a problem with it.  Though if you want a separate room from the fighting, it might not always be available.

              I also know a couple people who'd be interested.

              ~Desco~

              On 6/12/07, lttlems1 <JKlauss@... > wrote:

              If someone can teach middle eastern (as in belly Dancing ?) I am pretty
              sure we could get a decent turn out. But gotta clear this with Captin
              Liam Martini/Liam of the Bow first. Has anyone asked him yet?

              Cheers
              B. Keiley

            • Chris Sheft
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 12 9:28 AM
                I hope someone runs a dance at the fight practise,
                they are 2 activities that go together well.

                I would attend both the fight practise and the dance,
                but not until after Pennsic. I'm currently enrolled
                in night courses until 10pm or so for a few more
                weeks.

                I live about 15 minutes from the site and I am
                interested in any post-revel info, even if I cannot
                make the practises right now.

                Eowulf a' Bheithir
                chris_sheft@...
                732-531-5906

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 12 9:56 AM
                  I wanted to find out if anyone would even be
                  interested. Now that we have 4-5 "yes" votes, I'll
                  bring it up with him and find out if we can.

                  Smiles,
                  Jale

                  --- lttlems1 <JKlauss@...> wrote:

                  > If someone can teach middle eastern (as in belly
                  > Dancing ?) I am pretty
                  > sure we could get a decent turn out. But gotta
                  > clear this with Captin
                  > Liam Martini/Liam of the Bow first. Has anyone
                  > asked him yet?
                  >
                  > Cheers
                  > B. Keiley

                • lttlems1
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 12 10:33 AM
                    Not that you need to, but if you would like to up the chances of a
                    yes answer he very much enjoys Captin Morgan Silver! Wink!

                    Cheers
                    B.Keiley
                    --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Wendy Pastrick <trybl_dance@...>
                    wrote:

                    > I wanted to find out if anyone would even be
                    > interested. Now that we have 4-5 "yes" votes, I'll
                    > bring it up with him and find out if we can.
                    >
                    > Smiles,
                    > Jale
                    >
                    > --- lttlems1 <JKlauss@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > If someone can teach middle eastern (as in belly
                    > > Dancing ?) I am pretty
                    > > sure we could get a decent turn out. But gotta
                    > > clear this with Captin
                    > > Liam Martini/Liam of the Bow first. Has anyone
                    > > asked him yet?
                    > >
                    > > Cheers
                    > > B. Keiley

                  • Wendy Pastrick
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 12 2:56 PM
                      Okay, I'll talk Liam about hosting dance there on the
                      1st and 3rd Tuesdays. If it's every week, people get
                      burned out...but it's a good place to start!

                      If Liam okay's it (and i'm confident that should be
                      okay), I'll show up prepared to teach whatever
                      interests folks that day. We could theoretically start
                      next week since that's the 3rd week.

                      Actually, Tedesco or Moira, can you broach this
                      subject tonight? I just realized I'm not able to
                      attend this week, and here it is Tueday already :)

                      Looking forward to dancing with y'all!

                      Smiles,
                      Jale
                    • Clint Anderson
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 13 7:34 AM
                        I'm not much for period danceing, but if you mix it up every now and
                        then with a little swing or cha cha cha I'm SOOOOO there!

                        Anton
                      • Tedesco da Venezia

                          Message 12 of 12 , Jun 18 2:36 PM
                            Jale,

                            Have you figured out yet whether you are doing European dance or Middle Eastern dance or a mix of whatever you think will be fun at the moment? I've tried Middle Eastern a few times before, and it's fun, but I'm fairly hopeless at it. Will it cramp your style if I show up if you do European dance? I've already promised to continue dance down at U of C, but Glenbrook is practically in my backyard, versus a two hour drive down south.

                            If we're both doing every other week dance practices, should we try to coordinate on alternate weeks? Things can get strange scheduling around July 4, and even more so around Pennsic.

                            Let me know what you think.

                            Yours in Service,
                            Teleri