Re: [Ayreton] Practice this Sunday

  • Mike / Kilian
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 7, 2007
      I will not be here this weekend (out of town) - but if you go to portage park, we used to met on the north side of the park, by the parking lot there.

      -Sir Kilian

      At 01:19 PM 6/7/2007, you wrote:

      It looks like Ida Noyes won't be available this weekend, but that's
      no excuse to miss a practice!

      In the past, we've met at Portage Park, between Irving Park Road and
      Berteau Ave, just west of 90/94. Parking has generally been good,
      though the bathrooms/changing rooms are a bit of a ways. There are
      also other parks near there-- if there's ANY interest in holding a
      practice on the North Side this Sunday, I'll confirm availability of
      space and restroom/changing rooms at some of the parks near Portage
      (with easier access to restrooms), and post results here by Friday
      afternoon.

      I admit that I'm partial to the general vicinity of "Irving Park at
      I-90" because it's near where I live. If anyone has a request for
      another park, let me know, and I'll look into changing facilities,
      space to fight, and parking. Lemme know neighborhoods and/or
      desirable features that will convince YOU to come out and keep ME in
      shape for war season! :)

      Christian Fournier
    • Scribesquire@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 9, 2007
        Alas, I can't make it.  :(

        Henry

        From: Technomancer <technomancer90@...>

        I'll be there

        Gavin

        Message 3 of 21 , Jan 5, 2012
          Unto the fighters of Ayreton, I give greetings.

          As the new year has finally begun, we are back to having practices at
          Ida Noyes hall at U of C on Sundays. This quarter we are on the third
          floor (there is an elevator) in the theater.

          If your new years resolution was to lose weight or get some exercise,
          this is a great and fun way to do so. Come out and join us so that we
          have new people to fight.

          in service,
          -Susanna the Short
        • Neal Sherry
          Message 4 of 21 , Jan 5, 2012

            Excellent! And is practice still 2-6ish?

            Dru

            Message 5 of 21 , Jan 8, 2012
              Do we have a time frame for the day after 12th Night practice (are we in earlier than the normal start time)?
              I'm starting to get emails asking about location, directions, time, etc....

              Also we are on the 3rd floor last I saw, is this still correct?

              Thanks in advance.

              --
              Seamus MacBain

              ----------------------------------
              On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 3:01 PM, <mickel14@...> wrote:

              Unto the fighters of Ayreton, I give greetings.

              As the new year has finally begun, we are back to having practices at
              Ida Noyes hall at U of C on Sundays. This quarter we are on the third
              floor (there is an elevator) in the theater.

              If your new years resolution was to lose weight or get some exercise,
              this is a great and fun way to do so. Come out and join us so that we
              have new people to fight.

              in service,
              -Susanna the Short

            • Susan Mickelson
              Message 6 of 21 , Jan 13, 2012
                Yes, normal practice is 2-6.

                Sent from my iPhone

                Message 7 of 21 , Feb 2, 2012
                  Unto the fighters of the barony, I give greetings.

                  Yes, there WILL be practice on Superbowl Sunday. I can't promise that
                  we will have a laptop with the game on it as we have in past years,
                  but I can promise fun and fights.

                  Are there any fencers who would be willing to show up on Sunday?
                  There have been students off and on who have been interesting in
                  fencing, and all I can tell them is that sometimes fencers do come. I
                  don't know if any students will be there this week, but it would be
                  useful to know when, if ever, the fencers will be coming out to play.

                  in service,
                  -Susanna the Short
                • Fern
                  Message 8 of 21 , Feb 5, 2012
                    Susanna,

                    Thanks for the message. I'm on my way to practic now.

                    Fern

                    Message 9 of 21 , May 10 5:46 AM
                      Unto the fighters of Ayerton I give greetings.

                      Here's a link about traffic for NATO, it should be mostly okay this weekend.  It looks like stuff is mostly closed around McCormick Place, so avoid there at all costs.  It's also the U of C Scavenger Hunt, but that doesn't usually affect us except for getting to watch students blow up watermelons.  Parking should not be any worse than usual.

                      We have the third floor theater at 3:00, but practice starts at 2 out on the grass.  The weather should be lovely.

                      http://www.nbcchicago.com/traffic/transit/chicago-nato-summit-road-transportation-security-150218515.html

                      In service,
                      -Susanna

                    • thomas penyngton