Re: Glenbrook North High School

  • Tedesco da Venezia
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2007
      Oops, I was off on my numbers... The fieldhouse is $1045 per day,
      each gymnasium is $250 per day, and the kitchen/cafeteria is $400.

      ~Tedesco da Venezia~

      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Tedesco da Venezia" <tedesco@...> wrote:

      > Captain Liam Martini, the man responsible for getting the Ayreton
      Carnivale
      > site, would like to have the following announced to the Chicago area SCA
      > groups:
      >
      > Glenbrook North High School is NOT freely available for us to hold
      events at
      > whenever we want. If you would like to hold an event there, you
      will have
      > to go through the proper channels and rent the facilities. The
      fieldhouse
      > rental fee is $1500, and each gymnasium is $400 per day. There are
      > additional fees for other facilities, and mandatory custodial fees that
      > depend on amount of space rented, number of people attending, etc.
      Anyone
      > who has been involved in planning events in this area will tell you that
      > this is not an unreasonable price for a facility of this size.
      Finally, you
      > MUST be (or have) a resident of Northbrook in order to rent the school.
      >

      > Thank you
      > ~Tedesco da Venezia~

    • Dougal MacAlister
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2007
        Was there a problem of some sort to prompt this, or was it good forethought and preventive maintenance?

        Lord Dougal MacAlister the Tardy
        Archery Marshal for the Province of Tree-Girt-Sea

        Oops, I was off on my numbers... The fieldhouse is $1045 per day,
        each gymnasium is $250 per day, and the kitchen/cafeteria is $400.

        ~Tedesco da Venezia~

        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups .com, "Tedesco da Venezia" <tedesco@... > wrote:

        > Captain Liam Martini, the man responsible for getting the Ayreton
        Carnivale
        > site, would like to have the following announced to the Chicago area SCA
        > groups:
        >
        > Glenbrook North High School is NOT freely available for us to hold
        events at
        > whenever we want. If you would like to hold an event there, you
        will have
        > to go through the proper channels and rent the facilities. The
        fieldhouse
        > rental fee is $1500, and each gymnasium is $400 per day. There are
        > additional fees for other facilities, and mandatory custodial fees that
        > depend on amount of space rented, number of people attending, etc.
        Anyone
        > who has been involved in planning events in this area will tell you that
        > this is not an unreasonable price for a facility of this size.
        Finally, you
        > MUST be (or have) a resident of Northbrook in order to rent the school.
        >

        > Thank you
        > ~Tedesco da Venezia~

        Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
      • Tedesco da Venezia
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 6, 2007
          There was no problem, but people have asked about or suggested using the school for other events, so Captain Liam found out what the pricing/rental would be and asked me to post it to the public list.

          ~Tedesco da Venezia~