Glenbrook North High School

  • Tedesco da Venezia
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2007
      Captain Liam Martini, the man responsible for getting the Ayreton Carnivale site, would like to have the following announced to the Chicago area SCA groups:

      Glenbrook North High School is NOT freely available for us to hold events at whenever we want.  If you would like to hold an event there, you will have to go through the proper channels and rent the facilities.  The fieldhouse rental fee is $1500, and each gymnasium is $400 per day.  There are additional fees for other facilities, and mandatory custodial fees that depend on amount of space rented, number of people attending, etc.  Anyone who has been involved in planning events in this area will tell you that this is not an unreasonable price for a facility of this size.  Finally, you MUST be (or have) a resident of Northbrook in order to rent the school.

      Thank you
      ~Tedesco da Venezia~
    • Tedesco da Venezia
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2007
        Oops, I was off on my numbers... The fieldhouse is $1045 per day,
        each gymnasium is $250 per day, and the kitchen/cafeteria is $400.

        ~Tedesco da Venezia~

        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Tedesco da Venezia" <tedesco@...> wrote:

        > Captain Liam Martini, the man responsible for getting the Ayreton
        Carnivale
        > site, would like to have the following announced to the Chicago area SCA
        > groups:
        >
        > Glenbrook North High School is NOT freely available for us to hold
        events at
        > whenever we want. If you would like to hold an event there, you
        will have
        > to go through the proper channels and rent the facilities. The
        fieldhouse
        > rental fee is $1500, and each gymnasium is $400 per day. There are
        > additional fees for other facilities, and mandatory custodial fees that
        > depend on amount of space rented, number of people attending, etc.
        Anyone
        > who has been involved in planning events in this area will tell you that
        > this is not an unreasonable price for a facility of this size.
        Finally, you
        > MUST be (or have) a resident of Northbrook in order to rent the school.
        >

        > Thank you
        > ~Tedesco da Venezia~

      • Dougal MacAlister
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 6, 2007
          Was there a problem of some sort to prompt this, or was it good forethought and preventive maintenance?

          Lord Dougal MacAlister the Tardy
          Archery Marshal for the Province of Tree-Girt-Sea

          Oops, I was off on my numbers... The fieldhouse is $1045 per day,
          each gymnasium is $250 per day, and the kitchen/cafeteria is $400.

          ~Tedesco da Venezia~

          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups .com, "Tedesco da Venezia" <tedesco@... > wrote:

          > Captain Liam Martini, the man responsible for getting the Ayreton
          Carnivale
          > site, would like to have the following announced to the Chicago area SCA
          > groups:
          >
          > Glenbrook North High School is NOT freely available for us to hold
          events at
          > whenever we want. If you would like to hold an event there, you
          will have
          > to go through the proper channels and rent the facilities. The
          fieldhouse
          > rental fee is $1500, and each gymnasium is $400 per day. There are
          > additional fees for other facilities, and mandatory custodial fees that
          > depend on amount of space rented, number of people attending, etc.
          Anyone
          > who has been involved in planning events in this area will tell you that
          > this is not an unreasonable price for a facility of this size.
          Finally, you
          > MUST be (or have) a resident of Northbrook in order to rent the school.
          >

          > Thank you
          > ~Tedesco da Venezia~

          Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
        • Tedesco da Venezia
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 6, 2007
            There was no problem, but people have asked about or suggested using the school for other events, so Captain Liam found out what the pricing/rental would be and asked me to post it to the public list.

            ~Tedesco da Venezia~