Re: Haven't been active for a loooong time...PRACTICE tonight

  • David Roland
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 5, 2007
      Or alternately you can find the directions to the Thieves of Hearts
      Practices at:

      http://thieves.ayreton.org/

      This includes and overhead satelite map with streets named and
      routes Highlighted. Also includes an overhead satelite of the
      school and where parking may be found as well as where the practice
      might be at depending on weather.

      Ian the Green

      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Mike / Kilian <sirkilian@...> wrote:

      > Greetings new folk, will be looking forward to seeing you, if you
      are
      > able, at practice tonight (Tuesday). It is at Glenbrook North
      > Highschool (most likely it will be at the back far northwest
      corner)
      > outside, I would assume...if the weather holds.
      >
      > The location is here:
      >
      > http://www.google.com/maps?
      q=2300+Shermer+Rd,+Northbrook,+IL+60062,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

      > (this is a google map, if you click on the upper right hand link
      > "hybrid" map, you will see the tennis courts. We will be in the
      > softball field directly south of the courts (use the northern most
      > entrance to the highschool). If weather is bad, we will be in the
      > building east of that field, if we are allowed.
      >
      > YiS,
      > Sir Kilian
      >

      > At 07:23 PM 6/4/2007, you wrote:
      >
      > >Tristan, Welcome to the Middle Kingdom. Aldyet and I are also
      from
      > >Calontir as of about a year or so ago. I just got my gear
      together
      > >after a brief hiatus, and plan to get back to practice as
      regularly
      > >as possible following Lilies. We found the Ravenslake group has
      > >good practice (you just have to get used to the rapier guys out
      > >numbering the "heavy" guys), at Northbrook High School in
      Glenview
      > >(at least I think that's right) I kind of zen my way there
      anymore
      > >from the train I get off of which is not my normal train.
      Someone's
      > >bound to post directions. Also there's a big Sunday fighter
      > >practice downtown at one of the universities. Again, I'll leave
      it
      > >to one of those who's been to handle the directions, but I've
      been
      > >told the armored fighting is much greater at this practice.
      > >
      > >Welcome to the city. Keep my e-mail and drop me a line.
      Hopefully
      > >we can show you around at some point. We're out in Naperville,
      but
      > >have learned a little bit about some of the good bars up North,
      and
      > >some of the attractions about town. Besides it'd be nice to have
      > >good ole Calontir fighting discussion. Look me up at war, and
      we'll
      > >mix it up. I wear a German Waffenfrock with a new burgonet, and
      > >will be playing with my new 7 1/2 halberd! YAY! I normally hang
      > >out with Sir Kirk and Thyri, or with my knight Sir Hirsch and
      Magda
      > >(formerly Meredydd). Yes, this would be the Hirsch who has now
      > >managed 3 2nd place finishes in the past 3 crown tourney's. :)
      At
      > >this point I think I want it worse for him than he does. :)
      > >
      > >Welcome to the neighborhood.
      > >
      > >Lukas
      > >--------------------------Historical Quote------------------------
      ----------
      > >"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
      and
      > >I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
      > >

      > >----------
      > >To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      > >From: the.antichris217@...
      > >Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 23:37:45 +0000
      > >Subject: [Ayreton] Haven't been active for a loooong time...
      > >
      > >and I've moved here from Calontir since then. I live in Chicago,
      a few
      > >blocks from Wrigley. I'm looking for the nearest fighter practice,
      > >group meetings, etc. I also need to find someone who sells garb,
      as
      > >mine has vanished over the years. Thanks for all your help!
      > >
      > >Tristan of Crescent Moon

    • Chris
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 12, 2007
        One more quick question: what are the local standards on garb and
        fighter practice? Can I show up without until I get garb?

        Thanks

        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <the.antichris217@...> wrote:

        > and I've moved here from Calontir since then. I live in Chicago, a
        few
        > blocks from Wrigley. I'm looking for the nearest fighter practice,
        > group meetings, etc. I also need to find someone who sells garb, as
        > mine has vanished over the years. Thanks for all your help!
        >
        > Tristan of Crescent Moon

      • David Roland
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 12, 2007
          Our local standards follow Corpora. Garb can only be required to be
          worn at events. All other activities can encourage people to wear
          garb but can not require it.

          That said, the Ayreton Fighter Practice and Thieves of Hearts
          Fighter Practice very rarely have people in garb. When they are
          planning it, they usually announce it ahead of time.

          Ian the Green
          Chatelain - Shire of Grey Gargoyles