Foxvale Practice Update

  • Earik MacSkellie
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4, 2007
      Greetings Foxvale, Ayreton, and Midlands fighters,

      I have just been informed by our contact person at the Aurora Community Center that our practice site will not be available this summer. For now I recommend anyone normally attending Foxvale's practices to instead go to the Ayreton combined practice on Sundays. I believe Thieves of Hearts is still going on Tuesdays as well. I send out an update if there is any change to the Foxvale practice info. I will see what I can do to locate another indoor site, but perhaps we can do practices outdoors at a park until a new site is located.

      --
      Ld. Earik MacSkellie
      Squire to Sir Galem Lionel Ostwestly

      http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/michael.labny%40gmail.com/public/basic
      http://earikmacskellie.blogspot.com/
    • twlyon24
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 5, 2007
        Do you know how soon this goes into effect? In other words, is the
        site available tonight 6/5/07? Thanks.

        Logos
        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "Earik MacSkellie"

      • jeffnaggie@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 5, 2007
          Sorry Logos,

          No it isn't.  The city begins their summer school program right at the end of the school year.  The end of the year snuck up on me so I forgot about the summer programs.  We will be able to resume in Sept.

          Hillary

          <erickmaxskelly@...> wrote:

          > > Greetings Foxvale, Ayreton, and Midlands fighters, > > I have just been informed by our contact person at the Aurora
          Community
          > Center that our practice site will not be available this summer.
          For now I
          > recommend anyone normally attending Foxvale's practices to instead
          go to the
          > Ayreton combined practice on Sundays. I believe Thieves of Hearts
          is still
          > going on Tuesdays as well. I send out an update if there is any
          change to
          > the Foxvale practice info. I will see what I can do to locate
          another indoor
          > site, but perhaps we can do practices outdoors at a park until a
          new site is
          > located. > > -- > Ld. Earik MacSkellie > Squire to Sir Galem Lionel Ostwestly > Marshal, Incipient Shire of Foxvale > > http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/michael.labny%
          40gmail.com/public/basic
          > http://earikmacskellie.blogspot.com/ >
          ~~~~~ To view and add events to the calendar: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ayreton/cal/ To discontinue receiving discussion, but still receive announcements, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ayreton/join and change your subscription to "Special Notices". Activities coordinators, to get access to post Special Notices, send a request to <Ayreton-owner@yahoogroups.com>. Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ayreton/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ayreton/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:Ayreton-digest@yahoogroups.com mailto:Ayreton-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: Ayreton-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Earik MacSkellie
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 5, 2007
            Unfortunately the community center waited untl yesterday to tell us it was no longer available. They did the same thing to us last year. I guess we are slow learners. I think we need to find a new site we can use year round.

            <erickmaxskelly@...> wrote:

            > Greetings Foxvale, Ayreton, and Midlands fighters,
            >
            > I have just been informed by our contact person at the Aurora
            Community
            > Center that our practice site will not be available this summer.
            For now I
            > recommend anyone normally attending Foxvale's practices to instead
            go to the
            > Ayreton combined practice on Sundays. I believe Thieves of Hearts
            is still
            > going on Tuesdays as well. I send out an update if there is any
            change to
            > the Foxvale practice info. I will see what I can do to locate
            another indoor
            > site, but perhaps we can do practices outdoors at a park until a
            new site is
            > located.
            >
            > --
            > Ld. Earik MacSkellie
            > Squire to Sir Galem Lionel Ostwestly
            > Marshal, Incipient Shire of Foxvale
            >
            > http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/michael.labny%
            40gmail.com/public/basic
            > http://earikmacskellie.blogspot.com/

            --
            Ld. Earik MacSkellie
            Squire to Sir Galem Lionel Ostwestly
            Marshal, Incipient Shire of Foxvale

            http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/michael.labny%40gmail.com/public/basic
            http://earikmacskellie.blogspot.com/
          • Clint Anderson
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 5, 2007
              If the Foxvale site is unavailable for this evening I'd invite everyone to come up to the Glenbrook north practice site.  Even if the weather is a bit iffy we will have plenty of room inside and plenty of heavy and rapier guys showing up so I promise a target rich environment.

              Hope to see you all tonight,
              Anton

              Anton du Marais

              To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
              From: twlyon24@...
              Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 13:48:41 +0000

              <erickmaxskelly@ ...> wrote:

              > Greetings Foxvale, Ayreton, and Midlands fighters,
              >
              > I have just been informed by our contact person at the Aurora
              Community
              > Center that our practice site will not be available this summer.
              For now I
              > recommend anyone normally attending Foxvale's practices to instead
              go to the
              > Ayreton combined practice on Sundays. I believe Thieves of Hearts
              is still
              > going on Tuesdays as well. I send out an update if there is any
              change to
              > the Foxvale practice info. I will see what I can do to locate
              another indoor
              > site, but perhaps we can do practices outdoors at a park until a
              new site is
              > located.
              >
              > --
              > Ld. Earik MacSkellie
              > Squire to Sir Galem Lionel Ostwestly
              > Marshal, Incipient Shire of Foxvale
              >
              > http://www.google. com/calendar/ feeds/michael. labny%
              40gmail.com/ public/basic
              > http://earikmacskel lie.blogspot. com/

              Make every IM count. Download Windows Live Messenger and join the i’m Initiative now. It’s free.  Make it count!
            • jeffnaggie@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 6, 2007
                Or, maybe I can try to remember that they use the space in the summer for summer programming when I sign up for the room.  Since as you said, this is the second year in a row.

                I have absolutely no problem with someone looking for a new site, just remember... this one is free.  We don't pay a dime for it, and if we give it up...we lose it.  They have a waiting list.

                I highly recommend that if we start looking for a new site, we don't completely turn this one down until we are positive that the new place will work for us long term.

                Ags

                See what's free at AOL.com.