Re: [vanished_wood] Spam?

  • Tedesco da Venezia
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2006
      This one just hit the Ayreton Yahoo group too...  It appears to be an exploit (I'm not calling it a worm or virus 'cause it doesn't do any actual damage AFAIK, but yeah, by definition, it's a worm) that contains a set of javascript that causes Yahoo's webmail reader to forward the message to every yahoo.com and yahoogroups.com address in your contact list.  (if you look at a few page-ups from the very end of the forward, you'll see the code.)  If it gets any worse, you may want to turn your group's moderation ON until Yahoo fixes the exploit.  I know I will for Ayreton and GreyGargoyles if I see any more come in.  Unfortunately, it comes from people who are probably already members, so just denying posts from non-members isn't enough...

      If you are using a yahoo mail account, please don't open anything with the name "Graphic Site" in the title...  opening the email activates the script.  If your account has already sent these (i.e. Onnen and Hannah) I doubt there's anything you can do-- the damage is done.

      ~Tedesco da Venezia~

      On 6/12/06, Westburg, K. F. <Kevin_Westburg@...> wrote:

      The title was something like 'Graphic Image'.